The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: November 30th, 2016"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
519edb2ff610ca8a597868c1829ede50.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Crown Store Showcase: November 30th, 2016."

Preview the new Crown Store offerings for December in our latest showcase. Wear the latest fashion from the Tailored in Tamriel series and get yourself ready for the New Life Festival with special mounts, hats, and a cute pet!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • mrs_gibbs
    mrs_gibbs
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Ice wolf, Elk, Stalhrim!? Why I not buy more crowns?! :D
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so glad my Ice Wolf Mount, Elk Mount and Ice Wolf Pup escaped the crates!

Also, you know I don't like that you are selling Crown Exclusive Motifs. But if we at least could use them over our armor, like, say, with an appearance tab... Or maybe if we could apply the look to existing gear, including set gear... Yeah, it would make it a little more interesting.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking good!
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    The style looks sick, it's a shame we can't get it in game.
    Elk looks pretty as well.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That White River Ice Wolf Pup looks cute!
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also I call dibs on naming the Wolf Pup "Moon Moon".

Or "Masser Masser" because "Secunda Secunda" sounds kinda silly.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Elk Mount!
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Also I call dibs on naming the Wolf Pup "Moon Moon".

Or "Masser Masser" because "Secunda Secunda" sounds kinda silly.

Mine's called Abeille :blush:
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ice wolf! \o/
    I'm still disappointed about my fox-wolf ending up in a crate, but this is great news.
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for keeping good stuff worth paying for on direct purchase in the store! The Elk and the Wolf Pup will certainly be added to my collection B)
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Stalhrim motif looks brilliant. Just a shame I'll never be able to actually wear it because all my sets are dropped.. *cough*transmog please*ahem*
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    I'm so glad my Ice Wolf Mount, Elk Mount and Ice Wolf Pup escaped the crates!

Also, you know I don't like that you are selling Crown Exclusive Motifs. But if we at least could use them over our armor, like, say, with an appearance tab... Or maybe if we could apply the look to existing gear, including set gear... Yeah, it would make it a little more interesting.

I totally agree. Imagine the Stalhrim style on Winterborn set instead of that ugly default one...

@ZOS_GinaBruno ZOS, will you consider some sort of style conversion of any crafted/dropped gear? Cause right now buying/collecting motifs is a waste of money and time, even if they look really good (like the Stalhrim one). Most people use either dropped sets or already crafted gear which is improved to legendary and they don't have a reason to get a new motif...
  • Elebeth
    Elebeth
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly as above.
    So much BiS items are drop sets and they are offering crown store exclusive motif. I think Stalhrim motif would have much more merit being a costume pack, atm.

@Alucardo I'm afraid that implementing Transmog system would require too much tweaking with the current costume/polymorph system to be implemented any time soon. :(

EDIT: what I mean, if they just add Transmog on top of it all it would feel weird, imo. It would be much better for a full conversion of the system and that is not very likely to happen any time soon.
    Edited by Elebeth on November 30, 2016 4:00PM
    "I don't recall using teleportation, and yet there I was. Alone. Naked." Morrowind
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the 'New Life Festival'? please...
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    The elk, the elk is here :)! Thankyou very much!
    And the wolf, I might not get both and my grey wolf gets jealous, but Im very happy for the many folks who been waiting for that wolf.
    Fluffy winter hood looks like a must have too...

A pity the beautifull motif is store only- but store only motifs as an idea are much better then the crown crates idea .
    Thanks for this months crownstore items too, especially the Abah`s tourbans.
    Please keep putting many beautifull things like these for straight purchase instead of the crates, will buy and feel happy! And please consider starting to rotate old retired items up for straight purchase too from time to time, waves credit card :) !
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the style, and I would buy it if I had the option to swap the looks of my current gear. But crafting everything again and get all gold tannins... I guess I will pass :disappointed:
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG! I'm crazy about most of the new items.
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see the Elk associated with Skyrim, rather than just making it a Bosmeri mount per standard fantasy tropes.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like the tunics too, I no longer have to put my male characters in women's dresses.. ;)
    Well I still will actually but it adds more variety...
  • Elebeth
    Elebeth
    ✭✭✭
    Miaura wrote: »
    ... store only motifs as an idea are much better then the crown crates idea .

I'd say "store only motifs as an idea are lesser evil then the crown crates idea." But they are still evil. :p
    "I don't recall using teleportation, and yet there I was. Alone. Naked." Morrowind
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My excitement for purchasing goods directly is only matched by my disdain for the gambling box fiasco.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer toons be like

f66fe0b3425416d77866183f061d679b.jpg
  • supremeiceprincess
    omg the ice wolf pup

60bd28e041d83ed07ac88e00d30843d5.gif

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey ZOS_JessicaFolsom , I think you accidentally forgot to add my Purple Daggerback pet! ...please? <3

[edit] On a different note... totally adopting that adorable wolf pup
    Edited by MissBizz on November 30, 2016 4:18PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Hey ZOS_JessicaFolsom , I think you accidentally forgot to add my Purple Daggerback pet! ...please? <3

[edit] On a different note... totally adopting that adorable wolf pup

I would like some bacon too.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ice wolf pup and Stahlrim Motif you shall be mine!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    moonio wrote: »
    What is the 'New Life Festival'? please...

It was a lot of fun on PTS. A lot less "grindy" than the "Halloween" event. There was a lot of work put into this one.

List of achievements

PTS Feedback Thread

Edited by Dominoid on November 30, 2016 4:27PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Nice to see the Elk associated with Skyrim, rather than just making it a Bosmeri mount per standard fantasy tropes.

Yes, I am really happy for this too.

I remember when the description was datamined and I said the same. I didn't want them to make the Elk an elven mount because I didn't want it to be associated too closely to Thranduil.

I still imagine I will see many elves riding Elks, but hey, the description counts, right? I bought my Turquoise Nixad mostly for its description (It likes magic and poetry, and my main character is a mage who is also a bard, so... Yeah).

Meet my characters:

• nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Miaura wrote: »
    A pity the beautifull motif is store only- but store only motifs as an idea are much better then the crown crates idea .
    Thanks for this months crownstore items too, especially the Abah`s tourbans.
    Please keep putting many beautifull things like these for straight purchase instead of the crates, will buy and feel happy! And please consider starting to rotate old retired items up for straight purchase too from time to time, waves credit card :) !

This. I'm more than happy to buy lots of crowns to ensure I am able to purchase what gets released directly. I will not spend a single crown to gamble on a chance at maybe getting something I want, and more than likely not because the RNG in this game is atrocious. Crown gems do not change anything. I will not gamble 4 times the amount crowns I would have spent on a direct purchase to a) get a bunch of junk I never wanted in the first place and b) cannot trade back, to be disappointed and annoyed over and over again, until I finally have enough gems to get what I wanted.

I don't see why anything is ever taken out of the crown store in the first place. Pack the sucker with everything and keep adding more. We get new players all the time who don't have anything yet, and when the selection is slim, they take a peek and then never bother looking again because it looks like it's just a bunch of half-empty, picked-over shelves with only the tins of dog food and some off-brand soup left. Not to mention the people who would have purchased, but couldn't because they don't get paychecks scheduled around your limited-time nonsense.
    Alucardo wrote: »
    That Stalhrim motif looks brilliant. Just a shame I'll never be able to actually wear it because all my sets are dropped.. *cough*transmog please*ahem*

The given reason for the Crown store only motif last time was that they had a problem getting two separate style materials to drop. I can understand this, whether I like the result of a mimic stone required motif or not, I can understand that sometimes the code is just not going to cooperate and they have to find a way to work around it. It's better than us not having the motif at all! With most motifs being pointless due to all the BiS gear anyway, there's not as high a demand for crafted so the motif isn't going to be used that often.

That being said...

If the crafting system has reached a point code-wise where it's hard to work in a way to drop new style materials unless it involves accessing a new area (DLC), perhaps it's a good time to consider an overhaul - one that includes a transmog function. With so many of the BiS gear being dropped sets, there's less reason to even bother buying motifs anyway. We never get the chance to use them!

Edited by nexxus_ESO on November 30, 2016 4:31PM