Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Game is so broken on PC right now

• Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks ESO has been broken for some time now but you are preaching to the deaf ears of ZOS. The forums are jammed full of treads complaining about load screens, crashes to desktop, game freezing etc etc etc yet nothing has been fixed nor I fear will it be. They have proven time and time again by an incompetent customer service department and delv team that their performance in fixing major issues and dealing with player reported problems is pathetic. Their game will continue to just get worse with each new update as has been the norm. Either get use to it, try to play around it or find another game to play.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed some lag and stuttering in some areas, but I've been able to play when I wanted to.

I'm not sure broken means what you think it means. It's certainly not LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE. Broken would mean offline and not able to access the service at all.

There's some issues as they haven't done maintenance in a while but being able to access said service isn't broken.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things always get messy when they skip maintenance for a few weeks. If memory serves, they always end up doing an previously unplanned, midweek maintenance to address it. You'd think they'd have learned by now to not skip normal maintenance for more than one cycle.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has happened to me several times on Xbox too. The only way I've ever been able to get around it is to log in on one of my other characters, log out and then back in to the one who is trapped. There has also been the ongoing issue where you are booted from Cyrodiil after each one of the 50 crashes that happen on a daily basis there.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If so broken then why still playing? Why not take sometime a break?

PVP have issues currently but PVE is damn fine.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    An just now , Disconnected in Cyrodiil in the middle of battle, Logged in dead in REAPERS MARCH ... and the only rez spots available on the death recap screen ARE IN CYRODIIL ?! I literally can not rez ! Because my corpse is not in cyrodiil its in REAPERS MARCH ! Ive tried reloading , restarting dozens of time , nothing . Now I can even play the game .
    I had the exact same problem happen to me. Thankfully some kind soul in Deshaan rezed me. The whole game is on fire in one area or another and ZOS has said nothing. I can only assume it is because they have nothing good to tell us.
    Edited by Armitas on November 30, 2016 3:28PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"currently"
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad pve is damn fine on ps4, on xbox you're lucky if you can get through a group dungeon without multiple players freezing and or lagging.
    Edited by Unsent.Soul on November 30, 2016 3:23PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PVE is not fine , if you read back in this same thread there are people that haven't been able to complete dungeons because of crashing and other issues in PVE .

Why do I still play ? Because if I quit every time there were issues I'd still be level 3 . I have cut down my time a lot here but I will still post when Things are broken in hopes they will get addressed . If it upsets you I apologize as it is not my intention to upset players . My intentions are to stay and to make the game I love work . Sometimes that involves rattling sabers at ZOS .
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PVE is not fine. There were instances of entire dungeon groups lagging out and/or crashing at the same time all weekend. As one guildmate put it, we were "rubber banding" all over, and it was like "stop motion combat". There is (more than typical) difficulty interacting with NPCs and the environment. Multiple have noted that nodes are frequently despawning when a player gets close. These are all things we typically see when it has been too long between server reboots and cache clearing.
    Edited by Reverb on November 30, 2016 6:49PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Slylok
    Slylok
    ✭✭✭
    I had no such issues but I do like that a handful of isolated issues = game is broke for everyone. Keep'em coming.
    Youtube ESO First Person Gameplay - http://tinyurl.com/o6evusk

Twitter - SlylokYoutube

Google+ - Slylok
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slylok wrote: »
    I had no such issues but I do like that a handful of isolated issues = game is broke for everyone. Keep'em coming.

So go make a Twitter update instead of trolling for arguments here .
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    is this why I have sudden high pingrate lately in pve? goes up to 400 for 15 sec then drop down again to normal. Trials even worse, my game freezes for 10-15 sec. I had to drop out from yesterdays raid. Embarrasing.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You seem unwilling to concede that there is middle ground between "fine" and "broke for everyone". Most posters in this thread acknowledge that the OP was hyperbole, but that there are pronounced issues that require maintenance. Do you deny that these issues exist simply because you haven't personally seen them, or do you simply feel the need to be contrary?
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because you haven't had an issue, we're all just full of ***? Because the game at times becomes unplayable to some players, but not you, we're once again, full of ***?

Mind blown... I have nothing else to say...
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just randomly got kicked to the login screen while in Craglorn, only to be told when trying to login again that I was already logged in. ffs.
    Reverb wrote: »

PVE is not fine. There were instances of entire dungeon groups lagging out and/or crashing at the same time all weekend. As one guildmate put it, we were "rubber banding" all over, and it was like "stop motion combat". There is (more than typical) difficulty interacting with NPCs and the environment. Multiple have noted that nodes are frequently despawning when a player gets close. These are all things we typically see when it has been too long between server reboots and cache clearing.

I noticed this too...I was hunting chests in Malabal Tor last night and when I went to the chest, a mob faded in and aggro'd on me. I figured they had just respawned so I went to kill them and as soon as I moved, they faded out. Moved again and they faded back in...constant until I positioned myself in just the right spot to kill them before they faded out again. Then I went to go get the chest and as soon as I approached it, it faded out. Backed up a few steps and it faded back in. Had the same thing happen with a chest in another zone later.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold up.... I have an awesome vid for this thread... brb :)

EDIT: nevermind.... we all know what midfight loadscreens look like. *sigh*
    Edited by Vaoh on December 1, 2016 1:44AM
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the good old booted to login for spamming when I hadn't even typed a message in chat lol
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this too...I was hunting chests in Malabal Tor last night and when I went to the chest, a mob faded in and aggro'd on me. I figured they had just respawned so I went to kill them and as soon as I moved, they faded out. Moved again and they faded back in...constant until I positioned myself in just the right spot to kill them before they faded out again. Then I went to go get the chest and as soon as I approached it, it faded out. Backed up a few steps and it faded back in. Had the same thing happen with a chest in another zone later.

There is definitely one like this but I think in Greenshade. In that case it's right on the (inside) edge of a phase border, depending if you've completed the quest for that area or not where two crocs (and a chest) will phase in and out. IMO that instance is less a bug, more a badly placed spawn location.
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone rezzed you yet? I can if you need someone too. Just need to know where your carcass is at.

This bug isn't new either I have had it happen to me and I used to come across dead DC on their horses in front of the Daggerfall bank back in the day.

PVP is a mess right now but it will get better :smile:
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh could this be why when I rez in cyro I get the load screen of death?
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Its also the kind of thing we saw in beta when they were stress testing way more players than the hardware could cope with.
    Players / cores
    Edited by Rune_Relic on December 1, 2016 1:13PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited