The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pvp Magicka Nb

WacArnold
WacArnold
✭✭✭
I'm looking for advice on the sets I should wear. Right now I am wearing 5 piece necropotence, 3 will power, Valkyn Skoria set, and eventually maelstrom staff (right now just normal staff). Now, would it better to wear 5 necro and 5 spinner, or something like 5 necro or spinner and 5 jullianos? Or maybe I am totally off with my sets and there is something better out there? I mostly duel, but I do want something that will do good in every Pvp type. What does everybody think?
Xbox One - North American - Ebonheart Pact
Anti-Pop Lv 50 Magicka Nightblade Dark Elf
WacArnold Lv 50 Magicka Templar Argonian
  • Aistis1990
    Isn't necropotence set useless for NB? SInce it add huge mana pool for players that have pet active ? (Vanity pets does not count) . Or theres something that I don't know? :O Well I myself using Julianos set + Spinners. Still I think if Spell power Goes more than 2,4-2,6k It's better to go for Shadow stone. Ofc for pvp sadly u need impen trait set. And many of Magicka NB's mainly are known as glass cannon. :) . Since for pvp people are using ravage magicka poisons alot , it is just a matter of luck if you haven't got your mana drained. If you're using a staff you are likely to be OK. But if you're using DW swords you will need some other sources to keep magicka flowing. Maybe you should try Treasure Hunter + Lich set? Or Julianos + Torug + Willpower?

For example I myself am running Breton Magicka NB. Stats goes at 34k Magicka 18,5k Health 11k Stamina. In my own experience on pvp I only survive when using stealth a lot and some drains. If you're rushing into a mass pvp you need to consider that character is not a tank and can be dealth with quite fast. But if you're considering ganking I would try Stygian's set/ Ofc You can have Stygian 3 jewels+2 swords , but jewels goes for Robust that's its downside you might loose ~ 2,4k magicka by getting stam , but this Max Magicka and Spell dmg 20% bonus from sneak gives a pretty decent boost.
  • ArpamiesFin
    ArpamiesFin
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow image counts as a pet
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aistis1990 wrote: »
    Isn't necropotence set useless for NB? SInce it add huge mana pool for players that have pet active ?

It is very useful for NB, shades count as a pet for this set.

If you use a shade in your fights then Necropotence will give you a lot of magicka, which will boost damage some. I can't say much for dueling as I prefer open world, but I am finding spinners works for me. I think your sets are decent so if you are still struggling you might need to adjust your playstyle. Magblade is a high maintenance class right now, so damage won't come easy. Usually you have to survive until you can combo an ult with Assassin's Will. You have skoria so work on timing burst with the proc. IDK I am missing a piece so I don't know how easy/hard that is.
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    If you use shadow image you will proc the necropotence set, my thoughts were since i use harness magicka more magicka would benefit my damage and shields, so I like necropotence, but to add more damage is the monster proc set + maelstrom staff going to produce more damage over something like jullianos or spinners in the long run. Also I'm taking into account that my chances of geting a maelstrom staff are slim since I cannot stand to do maelstrom arena lol so lets say I don't use maelstrom staff would the proc set out due adding another 5 piece set with my necro set?
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure, you can us two 5-pc sets and get better stats, but realistically you may only be adding 300-500 damage to a swallow soul, which isn't going to help you burst much. Assassin's Will will see a bigger boost, but timing is really key. If you can't reliably time burst with Skoria, then maybe you should try boosting damage. The spell pen from spinners will be extra helpful against heavy armor wearers in particular. But if Skoria is constantly procing and keeping up pressure then it might be better to work on timing. I haven't been able to compare Julianos against spinners since I haven't craft a set since the CP increase.

It is hard to say, since much of it depends on how you play. The best up front damage is weaving staff and skill attacks. Assassin's will can do big damage but it is difficult to set up, and is easily dodged by shuffle or dodge roll, and is pretty obvious to block. That's why I said "high maintenance" It is difficult to get the big burst, even though some may say NB has huge burst potential. In practice it is very difficult, especially when we're so squishy.

So maybe not the silver bullet answer, but magblade isn't in the limelight at the moment and there's no obvious best set for PVP.
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sets you are running now are fine for a light armor build. If you want to be a bit tankier without the use of shields you could try running heavy armor. 2 Skoria, 5 Clever (with 5th piece on your Resto bar), 5 Spinners ( including Sharpened Destro Staff) is a good setup. Just make the Clever Heavy and wear 1 Heavy and 1 Medium Skoria. If you use Spinners and run Thief mundus stone you essentially make up for the deficiencies of 5 piece Heavy (lower pen and crit) while retaining all the benefits. Also, as others have said, Magblade has trouble bursting people down but Clever helps with this. Time a will+skoria+ult while you have your Clever procced and you will be able to kill most targets.
  • WacArnold
    WacArnold
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the insight into this, got some really useful information!

• Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    always have 5 piece black rose heavy impen in pvp

everything else is up to you

I use kena, maelstrom and willpower