The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do we need a PvP Master Guild (Like a Dungeon Master) ?

Rune_Relic
Rune_Relic
✭✭✭✭✭
At the moment we can have the whole population on each faction facing off in the same place.
We can have one faction sending 72 to a keep vs another sending 24.
We can have lots of keeps and resources and most of the map ignored with small scale non-existant.
We have zergs just steam rolling everything in their path.
Its nothing but a guild vs guild free for all really rather than faction vs faction

With the old dungeon games... we had a dungeon master to set the scene, the story and the combat rules of engagement.
Do we need something like that in Cyrodiil campaigns ?
Can any guilds be trusted to take on such a role without fixing the contests ?
Would everyone agree to abide by the PvP Masters strategies ?
Is such a thing even desired....are we happy with this free for all ?

EDIT: Is ESO to blame for the sorry state of PvP...or us ?
Edited by Rune_Relic on November 28, 2016 11:13PM
Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you want a referee?
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    So you want a referee?

Seems weird doesnt it. But yes kind of. Lmao.

ZOS has given us the tools to create all the content we need....other players.
    Surely the Onus is on us to create/structure/organise the content, just as much as ZOS ?
    We dont think twice about organising Dueling tournaments ?
    Edited by Rune_Relic on November 28, 2016 11:34PM
  • ScooberSteve
    ScooberSteve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Um i would settle for having 1 crappy guild at the moment because pvp is rubbish and no 1 wants to take part
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um i would settle for having 1 crappy guild at the moment because pvp is rubbish and no 1 wants to take part

Cant argue with that
    /shrugs

Just thought it would be nice for each faction to go to a keep and know they will be facing another 1x12 man team
    Just thought it would be nice for each faction to go to a bridge and know they will be facing another 1x24 man team
    Just thought it would be nice for each faction to go to a resource and know they will be facing another 1x4 man team

Maybe after a while decide if 4 self sustaining builds is actually better than 1 tank 1 healer 1 single target dd and 1 aoe dd as a unit.
    That kind of thing is pointless when its 20v4.

People scream battelgrounds....and yet...they could do that right now.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on November 29, 2016 9:25AM
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos is to blame for the balance, and the players are to blame for the ridiculous circle jerk around the imperial city.

Like Fengrush said it's a train track, and people just follow the track to the next keep like idiots.
    You barely ever see people running around the next keep to hit the enemy home keeps to create a diversion, you only ever see one Zerg for the faction, one 12-20 man guildgroup farming the other factions' zerg and a total of 5 idiots trying to small scale.

It's 90% up to the players to go hit the outer rim keeps and retake the towns to create action in various places of the map.
    And 10% up to the devs to change up the map.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Etaniel cant argue with you.
    Thats exactly how I see it.
    Its only us that can change the way we use the PvP system...gameplay
    I see all the keeps, bridges, resources merely as props ZOS has provided us to help with that gameplay.
    The Onus is on ZOS to fix the balance and the bugs.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on November 29, 2016 10:38AM
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FENGRUSH
    Some of what you write I agree with. Some of what you write I hate.
    But many many people value your opinion.
    I would appreciate your thoughts here too if you dont mind.
    Good or Bad.

Any solution has to bring everyone on board.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but i just have not had enough coffee to care about this idea.