The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I hate nightblades

SilentBoomstick
SilentBoomstick
✭✭✭
Okay so first off I'd like to post a few screen shots of my character sheet and also how much damage my skills say it's doing.

I die a lot and I can't kill anything because everyone else is a tank/dps/healer. Nightblade is the worst class in a 1v1 and I was so close to putting my controller through my wall today. This is exactly why I created other characters. For a very long time I only had one character and after a while I just so sick and tired of dying all the time. I would have to say that nightblade is the second worst class to play in them game next to a sorcerer. I died by a guy with less half the amount of cp than me and he was the same class. I hit a lot of lag so it makes it freaking impossible to duel anybody. I hate this update because people call me trash just because I don't duel them. I KNOW I'M GOING TO LOSE, SO WHY SHOULD I BE BOTHERED? I have a damn good set up. It doesn't ever get any easier no matter what the hell I do and I put an entire year and millions of gold into this character. And for what? Why should I keep playing this class and wasting more effort into this class? I have a lot of armor penetration, I have everything I need but I die so quickly because I can only take like 4 hits of damage. There is also a huge delay on CCs and that puts the most pressure on nightblades because they have are the squishiest. Then there's the matter of shuffle... why is it that there are people that literally dodge 80% of all my attacks yet this ability doesn't work for me? I canot seem to wrap my head around how much that makes me want to rage.

hifciDP

UB6VECA.jpg

N7bY4Fz.jpg
Edited by SilentBoomstick on November 27, 2016 5:55PM
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please tell me how to post screen shots?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone please tell me how to post screen shots?

I usually upload mine to http://imgur.com

Then right click the image, copy image address, and paste the link between
    [img][/img]

For example
    [img]link to image[/img]

• SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    hifciDP.jpg
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must run Heavy armor with NB if you wanna duel.
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously I have put a ton of work into this character. Now I have like 40 more cp than you see in the screen shot. Do not tell me to learn to play or get better gear because you are seriously delusional if you think I need better gear. My weapons are sharpened purple swords (2h dw). I can't afford golden nor do I need golden for that matter. Let's face it though. You are going to die really fast and no matter how hard you try you will always be the worst class because you cannot take any incoming damage. Why do you think you see nightblades line of sighting every chance they get? Is it because they need to avoid damage? Why would I put that much pressure on my character when I can do the exact opposite and play a stam dk that can absorb a lot of damage and actually dish out a good amount of damage at the same time. I have 1 magicka sorcerer, and 1 magplar. I have been playing my magplar a lot more lately and I can personally tell you that a nightblade lacks A LOT of flexibility. There is so much stuff that a magplar can do that a nightblade wasn't designed for. To compare the 2 think about how batman is human and cannot do certain things and how superman can go anywhere and do anything.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're playing a pure glass cannon build and you complain about dying fast when you stand around and get hit. Then you claim you can't kill anything... The rest of us are killing people. There are dozens of videos that prove it. You really do have to Learn to Play. Just having a good build isn't going to make you kill people.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »

I don't like abusing things that are broken. Besides I can personally tell you that more armor does not help as a nightblade because people have a thing called armor penetration and that affects nightblades the most.
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    You're playing a pure glass cannon build and you complain about dying fast when you stand around and get hit. Then you claim you can't kill anything... The rest of us are killing people. There are dozens of videos that prove it. You really do have to Learn to Play. Just having a good build isn't going to make you kill people.

What do I have to do to know how to play? Just push this button to perform this action? Is it really that complicated?

Edit: For a while I had this exact combo that I used to kill people with and it worked. I had less weapon damage when I did this but it worked. Then after a while once I began to see this heavy armor meta people would be able to survive my damage and get back up then kill me in 4 hits.
    Edited by SilentBoomstick on November 27, 2016 6:05PM
  • ced30
    ced30
    ✭✭✭

This.
    No-one escapes the chains!

Afro Nînja - magicka nb (DC)
    Silvester Staline - magicka nb (DC)
    It's a trâp - stam dk tank (DC)
    Lord Vuiton - Argonian blazing shield templar (Dc)

[Video] Major Trap! eso Stam Dk tank pvp => https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/302728/video-major-trap-eso-stam-dk-tank-pvp-episodes
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do I have to do to know how to play? Just push this button to perform this action? Is it really that complicated?

Alright, my troll-sense is tingling. Guess I took the bait. Enjoy trolling everyone else who replies to this thread.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have played nightblade since 2013 beta, and i promise you that not just nightblades but all of the classes are broken.
    there are alot of things that need to be fixed with the class balances in pvp.
    it seems every patch there is yet again another way to cheat and everyone uses it.
    i no longer think it is on accident these cheats and ways to kill people with broken mechanics is by any means an accident.

i have to admit tho that when you made this thread i link here -> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/298090/zos-please-buff-magicka-users-again-and-make-them-equal-to-stamina#latest

where you claim that magicka is far less able to do damage then stamina has me leaning towards the idea that something is not right.
    i will allways be the first to admit that nightblades die at the drop of a feather.
    we nightblades are not built to fight toe to toe with the other classes, we simply are meant for stealth atacks and assassin [style] play even tho we are not properly made for assassin type damage, wrobel has made it where we are 80% almost able to be like unto assassin type play
    our sneak is not working right nor is our damage output able to sustain and be good enough when we are caught offguard.

our sneak should be perminantly ON while we are not ingaged in fights.
    when we cast invisibility it should be perminant untill we engage with objects like doors or nodes.
    at no time should we be visible to anyone unless like i said we are interacting with the enviroment.
    our damage should be higher then what it is right now but as a passive and not from armor.

i have alot more on this topic but it would fill a book for me to list all of the complaints i have with nightblade class.

to put it bluntly and short:
    the entire set of classes in elderscrolls online needs to be rebuilt and the current classes removed, and proper balance put into pvp and Pve.
    but that is not going to happen.
    the nightblade class as a whole is FAR better then what it was since PC launch, so there is that and we do have the ability to kill people [most] of the time if we hit them at the perfect time and know when to hit them and where by following them and observing them.
    but like you mentioned [and your right] people are able to heal through our initial stealth ataks.
    Edited by Gilvoth on November 27, 2016 7:19PM
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭

Alright, my troll-sense is tingling. Guess I took the bait. Enjoy trolling everyone else who replies to this thread.

I'm not trolling though. To tell me that I am trolling is just dumb. This is not a nerf thread, a buff thread or even a troll thread. This is more of a rant with me expressing my frustration.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously I have put a ton of work into this character. Now I have like 40 more cp than you see in the screen shot. Do not tell me to learn to play or get better gear because you are seriously delusional if you think I need better gear. My weapons are sharpened purple swords (2h dw). I can't afford golden nor do I need golden for that matter. Let's face it though. You are going to die really fast and no matter how hard you try you will always be the worst class because you cannot take any incoming damage. Why do you think you see nightblades line of sighting every chance they get? Is it because they need to avoid damage? Why would I put that much pressure on my character when I can do the exact opposite and play a stam dk that can absorb a lot of damage and actually dish out a good amount of damage at the same time. I have 1 magicka sorcerer, and 1 magplar. I have been playing my magplar a lot more lately and I can personally tell you that a nightblade lacks A LOT of flexibility. There is so much stuff that a magplar can do that a nightblade wasn't designed for. To compare the 2 think about how batman is human and cannot do certain things and how superman can go anywhere and do anything.

L2p. Your post is riddled with l2p issues.

For example, You really expect to be as good as someone else when your only running purple? Gold gear does provide a big boost to gameplay.

Your a stamina nb. Get gold viper, eternal hunt, valedreth, and maelstrom two hander. learn to shuffle stack, dodge roll to infinity, LOS to adnuseium, and gank from stealth. There, your now a pro. Now go l2p.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate nightblades too I got 1 shot by a CP 271 today, lol I'm done with ESO for the day. But your build will do very well against light armor because your damage is so high. You should be able to eat right through their shields and constantly have them reapply them to drain their magicka and use fear to drain their stamina. As long as you are aggressive nightblades perform really well against light armor. Builds mitigating too much damage isn't just a nightblade problem. And not being able to defend yourself is also not just a nightblade problem, everyone is complaining about how high damage is. There's only two builds now crazy tank, or tanky proc sets, and us not using those builds are handicapping ourselves. I pretty much only play magblade
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

For example, You really expect to be as good as someone else when your only running purple? Gold gear does provide a big boost to gameplay.

Your a stamina nb. Get gold viper, eternal hunt, valedreth, and maelstrom two hander. learn to shuffle stack, dodge roll to infinity, LOS to adnuseium, and gank from stealth. There, your now a pro. Now go l2p.

and here you have problem...I guess you have problem with l2p because you are running with stacked shuffle, proc sets etc and just saying other people with problem "l2p" because they are dont using noskill required proc sets etc?

and look here with this heavy armor meta...NB without viper and monster proc set...nb without those sets is just *** *** easy free ap for no-skill-required sets wearers.

and next thing...tell me...how to play while your full burst from glass cannon nb into any heavy armor scrub can be easy mitigated without any bigger problem and very fast healed when then this tankly scrub will hit those 4 times into this nb and ehh...nb just get rekt by tankly scrub with damage not much lower than glass cannon build.

why *** heavy armor wearers have only a bit lower damage than medium/light armor weares who have no any damn good survivability by taking raw damage, you need only 2-4 hits to kill this medium/light armor, with combo this is only split second (also by heavy armor...yes any with heavy armor can hit hard) while to kill heavy armor (mosly *** perm blockers) you need to hit 6-8-10+ hits to kill him..but nah...he will heal 80% of missing health in 2-3 seconds as templar/dk and again

(sorc ofc is only viable class to go with light armor or nb...sorc just becaus eof shield stack..if not this sorc will be also forced to run with *** heavy armor because he wont have much lower damage, similiar nb but he have not working in 75% of the time cloak.
    and to medium armor...only nb have chance to use medium armor to going in steath etc but thanks medium armor need only those 4 hits to die by any other class in *** annyoing heavy armor)

at all nb without proc sets = free squishy ap for everyone other because without proc sets nb have no any chance to kill anything on pvp, thank you!
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate nightblades too I got 1 shot by a CP 271 today, lol I'm done with ESO for the day. But your build will do very well against light armor because your damage is so high. You should be able to eat right through their shields and constantly have them reapply them to drain their magicka and use fear to drain their stamina. As long as you are aggressive nightblades perform really well against light armor. Builds mitigating too much damage isn't just a nightblade problem. And not being able to defend yourself is also not just a nightblade problem, everyone is complaining about how high damage is. There's only two builds now crazy tank, or tanky proc sets, and us not using those builds are handicapping ourselves. I pretty much only play magblade

yes, very well agains light armor, but against heavy armor here isnt enough possible to stack damage without proc sets to kill any heavy armor
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember how before and after 1T patch was running with only monster set as proc set.,....so hard to kill anyone especially someone in heavy armor, tankly builds (80% of cyrodil today), then I equipped viper additionaly to monster proc sets and thanks, now Im able to finally gang someone with more than 50% success but how about no gang fight? meh..still just get combo and get rekt while my combo is still not enought to kill anyone in heavy armor, thanks you ZOS for heavy armor proc sets destro ulti meta, gameplay
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭

I don't want to use proc sets because it is riddled with aids and I just told you that I use shuffle. You cannot roll dodge infinitely anymore. How are you going to even tell me to keep roll dodging when they nerfed that like 6 updates ago? I LOS but people always outmaneuver me, ganking from stealth doesn't work anymore. WHY do I need to make my weapons golden when I already have high weapon damage in the first place? I use to run with lower weapon damage but after I began running into people with heavy armor I decided I needed to start running different sets. I will never use proc sets. If you use proc sets in a duel then I have no respect for you and I disregard everything you just wrote.
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭

My main problem is heavy armor. If they nerf heavy armor then I think I would feel much better about this game. I'm getting tired of people getting back up and killing me in 2 hits. My finisher doesn't seem to work and neither does my poison injection.
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭

where you claim that magicka is far less able to do damage then stamina has me leaning towards the idea that something is not right.

The made reason I made this thread is because of how difficult I found it was keeping my shields up on a sorcerer. I know I generalized all magicka builds but I really was complaining about making shields last longer. If they lasted at least 8 seconds then I wouldn't be complaining.
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay so first off I'd like to post a few screen shots of my character sheet and also how much damage my skills say it's doing.

I die a lot and I can't kill anything because everyone else is a tank/dps/healer. Nightblade is the worst class in a 1v1 and I was so close to putting my controller through my wall today. This is exactly why I created other characters. For a very long time I only had one character and after a while I just so sick and tired of dying all the time. I would have to say that nightblade is the second worst class to play in them game next to a sorcerer. I died by a guy with less half the amount of cp than me and he was the same class. I hit a lot of lag so it makes it freaking impossible to duel anybody. I hate this update because people call me trash just because I don't duel them. I KNOW I'M GOING TO LOSE, SO WHY SHOULD I BE BOTHERED? I have a damn good set up. It doesn't ever get any easier no matter what the hell I do and I put an entire year and millions of gold into this character. And for what? Why should I keep playing this class and wasting more effort into this class? I have a lot of armor penetration, I have everything I need but I die so quickly because I can only take like 4 hits of damage. There is also a huge delay on CCs and that puts the most pressure on nightblades because they have are the squishiest. Then there's the matter of shuffle... why is it that there are people that literally dodge 80% of all my attacks yet this ability doesn't work for me? I canot seem to wrap my head around how much that makes me want to rage.

hifciDP

UB6VECA.jpg

N7bY4Fz.jpg

If u dont think that you need golden weapons then it is a l2p. Get those. Armor u can get away with purple
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your problem is with the meta, your attacks are right on par with my death recaps from NBs when they do kill me.

The issue with the current meta is it offers HA, burst from proc sets, spammable high offensive consistent pressure from weapon trees, heals from vigor and classes.

With the sets doing most of the damage they can stack regen and DKs and temps can heal right up.

The counter to all the procs is either more procs, or HA + health and heals.

mDK HA and Temps running HA with heals are tanky as heck.

You mention sorcs being worse etc so we'll just disregard them.

My point is: The VAST majority if the player base this very moment (duels because you mentioned duels) is HA dk, or temp proc, or NB medium proc, mDK fire bsw and mTemp w RD. Then comes mSorc and NBs. Unfortunately the majority is the antithesis of your build.

I guarantee if you went proc (you're running Alchemist aren't you? ) you'd kill ALOT more
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your talk about 1v1 which is pvp. what is your penetration? penetration is critical to quickly killing targets. also i can tell from the damage numbers you are running alchemist, prossibly kena too. also 2nd wrecking blow from stealth can even be more impressive then teleport strike by nearly 50% more damage.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your problem is with the meta, your attacks are right on par with my death recaps from NBs when they do kill me.

The issue with the current meta is it offers HA, burst from proc sets, spammable high offensive consistent pressure from weapon trees, heals from vigor and classes.

With the sets doing most of the damage they can stack regen and DKs and temps can heal right up.

The counter to all the procs is either more procs, or HA + health and heals.

mDK HA and Temps running HA with heals are tanky as heck.

You mention sorcs being worse etc so we'll just disregard them.

My point is: The VAST majority if the player base this very moment (duels because you mentioned duels) is HA dk, or temp proc, or NB medium proc, mDK fire bsw and mTemp w RD. Then comes mSorc and NBs. Unfortunately the majority is the antithesis of your build.

I guarantee if you went proc (you're running Alchemist aren't you? ) you'd kill ALOT more

yep because stam nightblade is strongest at stealth ganking. its why while everyone gets the 2.5 stealth melee bonus, nightblades get a 10% crit damage boost, and 10% stat boost in stealth.
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First you say you wont wear heavy armor because their is a thing called armor penetration, then you say you can't kill anyone because their heavy armor mitigation is too high...

e71c2d0e61a2c06cce83b5f6fb108718f8b69ecdc8eff0dc358bda97fd7ace88.jpg

Edited by Chrlynsch on November 28, 2016 3:08AM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »

I don't like abusing things that are broken. Besides I can personally tell you that more armor does not help as a nightblade because people have a thing called armor penetration and that affects nightblades the most.

Heavy armour isn't broken with respect to raising your resistances, it's the constitution passive that people argue is too strong, and possibly only in relation to black rose, but it isn't if you're just using a coupe of pieces. As a sorc I wear 2 large pieces of heavy and have done for almost a year, it provides a bit more survivability when combined with other mitigation methods, which is what you want. Anything you can do to stop yourself dying quickly is worth investing in (within reason), so heavy armour, major ward/resolve, impen, hardy/ele defender/thick skinned, maybe a defending weapon on your back bar, vampire undeath passive etc. None of this will get you to resistance cap or give you unlimited resources so it's hard to argue it's broken, but it will help you live a bit longer, even with current penetration levels.

Edited by FriedEggSandwich on November 28, 2016 3:18AM
    PC | EU
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm no offence OP, but it is a case of l2p, I have a few stam build nbs, and have little to no problem killing people.

And this is not even using proc sets, which makes kills even more laughably easy.

No offence, but l2p.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• runningtings
    runningtings
    ✭✭✭
    I play stamblade in PVP, and if I attack a tanky individual and can't kill them I just sneak off again and go for the next target.
    I use Viper's for the added punch admittedly, without it I would struggle to kill as much.

Your stats look comparable to mine, except you have double the weapon damage, not sure what you are giving up elsewhere to allow for that?

Skill tree options might be worth a revisit as someone else said; hardy/elemental defender/thick skinned.
    // DC / EU PC// Garión<< The Black >>
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh, gold weapons sure. Gold gear does not provide much of a boost. If I die, it was not because of that 30 stam and 10 weapon damage I am missing from not putting my gear gold. In fact, I don't think I ever had full gold gear. I do weapons and am good to go. I get plenty of kills and would say that I am a pretty darn good pvp player.

That said, op issue is l2p. Op go get yourself some more armor resist. You can't be running around with 12k armor resist. Not in this meta. Or go gank. I would also suggest adding more mag recovery and use the cloak morph that gives 8% mitigation.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't want to use proc sets because it is riddled with aids and I just told you that I use shuffle. You cannot roll dodge infinitely anymore. How are you going to even tell me to keep roll dodging when they nerfed that like 6 updates ago? I LOS but people always outmaneuver me, ganking from stealth doesn't work anymore. WHY do I need to make my weapons golden when I already have high weapon damage in the first place? I use to run with lower weapon damage but after I began running into people with heavy armor I decided I needed to start running different sets. I will never use proc sets. If you use proc sets in a duel then I have no respect for you and I disregard everything you just wrote.

Ummm ganuking is 100% viable. Are you kidding me? Especially as a nb. In fact gawking has reached a an all new high with the new sets, but you definitely don't need them. Didn't you have another thread about nb? Seems like you don't think nb can do anything. Yet here I am logging on every day destroying people. Heck, just respected my boomer stam blade to mag for fun. I'm not even a mag race and still destroy people.

I really don't think nb is your playstyle man. Especially if you think gawking does not work.

Also, try the set that reduces 4k resist. Will help you against heavy armor and is not a proc set. Really is the go to set for Stam these days.

Also, don't get viper, vel, tremor proc sets that re over doing it right now with good proc sets such as bloodspawn. Heck, just about every monster piece is a proc set. Was well before the cimplants now. In fact, use bloods pawn for your aurvivability. Heck use that skeleton 2 pc set.