The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Looking for advice on how to improve my Magicka Templar

• Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The daggers also add 5% weap/spell dmg.

No. Daggers add weapon crit, only swords add spell damage.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So then having swords and daggers equipped has ZERO differences in that case. I guess I thought people were talking about 2-handed weapons compared to 1-handed. There is literally no difference between 2 swords or 2 daggers, except that the daggers look cooler. But if you're trying to argue that a 2-hander like a Mace would be more of a benefit than DW daggers, you are very much wrong on that.

There is a difference, that's what people have been trying to tell you, it's pretty much spelled out for you.

But... there is no difference when comparing DW swords or DW daggers.
    Edited by itsfatbass on December 5, 2016 11:10PM
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So then having swords and daggers equipped has ZERO differences in that case. I guess I thought people were talking about 2-handed weapons compared to 1-handed. There is literally no difference between 2 swords or 2 daggers, except that the daggers look cooler. But if you're trying to argue that a 2-hander like a Mace would be more of a benefit than DW daggers, you are very much wrong on that.

There is a difference, that's what people have been trying to tell you, it's pretty much spelled out for you.

But... there is no difference when comparing DW swords or DW daggers.

Lol yes there is, you get everything with swords that you get from daggers, as a magic build, but you also get 2.5% more damage per sword on top of the damage you would of done anyways.

Spell damage =/= actual damage.

Swords increase all actual damage you do by 2.5% per sword equipped.

Not sure how else to say this that hasn't already been said in this thread.

Kodrac wrote: »
    The daggers also add 5% weap/spell dmg.

No. Daggers add weapon crit, only swords add spell damage.

Please don't confuse spell damage and actual damage. Swords give the exact same amount of spell damage as daggers or axes or maces.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on December 6, 2016 1:31AM
  • bigted209
    bigted209
    ✭✭✭

Dual swords, with the twin blade and blunt passive, gives you 5% overall damage increase(benefits magic dps). Dual daggers gives you increased weapon crit(not remotely useful for magic dps in the least). Sure your spell damage may go up a little with daggers, but it goes up significantly with swords. Not sure how this all turned in to an arguement.

As far as mauls, maces and 2 handlers coming in to the mix....thought the discussion was about how to make a magic Templar better? Magic users have no business using any 2 handed melee, bows, daggers, nor 1 handed maces. Only staves and dual swords.
    Edited by bigted209 on December 6, 2016 11:55PM