I could use some advice on the Magicka Templar. There are several guides out there giving advice on the min/max builds. However, I don’t have the best gear. I don’t mind setting goals and grinding, if I set a plan together but for right now I’m just looking to make some improvements, if needed.
Goal in game: Solo/PVE, dungeons and been doing trials lately. I don’t enjoy PVP. In fact, I might go back to being a stamplar if I grinded the assault skill line more. I might focus on this more in the future, but I just don’t enjoy PVP enough to continue.
I’ve honestly been thinking of converting my Templar to a flavor Imperial magicka S&B Paladin. The way I see it, this would give me in increase in stamina and more of a warrior feel. I would focus on Aedric Spear class skills. I just don’t know if the significant drop in magicka would gimpy me too much. I’m not a min/max kind of guy, but I do want to be viable and able to solo most content. If someone has a link to share, it would be appreciated.
My current build: Through trial and error, I found my current play style was very close to Alcast’s Beamplar build. In truth, it was not intentional. However, I found I was dying too much during close combat, due to lack of game skill and being in light armor. I found the need to back up and fight from a distance. Plus, I found that Radiant Oppression is just a killer.
Race: Currently Brenton, but open to changing.
Bar #1 / DW: Reflective Light, Puncturing Sweep, Inner Light, Radiant Glory, Breath of Life, Shooting Star
Bar #2 / Destro Staff: Channeled Focus, Radiant Aura, Structured Entropy, Elemental Blockade (Fire), Blazing Spear, Shooting Star
Champion Points: Currently at 246 – I am guessing this is an area I could make some improvements.
• Magician – 47
• Arcanist - 34
• Elfborn - 39
• Spell Erosion – 10
• Elemental Expert – 8
• Thaumaturge – 24
• Light Armor Focus – 11
• Thick Skinned – 10
• Hardy – 30
• Elemental Defender – 30
Some specific notes:
• I was a stamplar previously, so I have maxed to 50 on several skills.
• Mundus Stone: The Thief
• Undaunted – current ranking only 5, but I’ve been focusing on increasing the ranks.
• Skill points are not an issue. I’ve found most of the skyshards
• My health is only 12,158 unbuffed. I added a health enhancement already but I feel I should need to increase this a bit more.
• I feel I press too many buttons to press, but it’s working. I’ve been getting more comfortable with the rotation, so this might not be too much of an issue. Thoughts?
• Confused: Alcast recommends inner light on both bars, but also recommends Spell-Critical Potions (spell-critical, spell damage, magicka). Since both grant major prophecy, do these stack or is it redundant?
• 2 Piece heavy (head / chest), 5 light
• All Divines
• Armor: 5 piece Julianos / 2 Piece Magnus – all yellow
• Daggers: 2X Magnus / Sharpened
• Inferno staff: Magnus / Sharpened
Crafting: I know 7+ traits on the armors and weapons I would use for my Templar. Still a work in progress to get to 9.
Well, I think I hit it all. Overall, I think I’m doing well. However, I don’t know enough about some of the skills or how to properly take advantage of the CP system.
Thank you in advance