Hello guys, back in 2016, I started this list to share the most useful add-on's list for TESO PC players.
Here is the last update
• How to get Addons: using Minion manager
• ADDON LIST : Interface, Amor, Craft, PVE, PVP, Housing, Guild
• Thanks, and French version of this post. HOW TO GET ADDONS
First of all, please install Minion
, which is a must-have program that download and manage your addons
. Once installed, it will ask you the file where to put addons. Not only it provide a list of (all?) available updated addons, with information such as most downloaded ones, but it will also automatically install and update the last version of each addon, so you don't have to check the version at every update of TESO. Super useful. Go here: minion.mmoui.com/Sites to get addons from, if you wish to install them manually:
ESO UI & ESO Addons Sub RedditInstall repertory for Addons
Find the ESO Directory:
- Windows: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\
- Mac: ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/Live/
Locate the addons folder, if it does not exist create one.
Drop the Addons folder you downloaded into the folder. Note that MINION will automatically put the addons file here.
When starting the game, you should see the list of addons at the character selection page.
In game, you may change the parameter by accessing the menu (Social/addons). A list of your addon appears and their status.
If an addon is indicated as "obsolete", you can still run it, sometimes it works, if not you want to remove it from the addon folder, and wait for update.
The list below is not exhaustive, suggestions are welcome.
• INTERFACE Advanced Filters
- provide useful filters to find out the object you want in your bank, inventory, etc… very useful.Awesome Guild Store
- upgrade of interface similar to Advanced Filters, allow to get category filters for level, price, quality filters, per unit price display, etc.Chest Master 9000
- mark the position of chest on the mapDestinations
place some additional markers for your map - some altars, Dwemers ruins, some quest givers, etc..Dustman
- get rid of some items in an automatic manner (selling, throwaway,etc.).Horse Timers
– to take care of your horses. My wife wishes I had such a timer for her.Greymind Quick Slot Bar
- provide hotkey for Potions, etc. Good for PC users, as the wheel interface can be a pain to use.Inventory Grid View
- Put your bags content as a grid. so useful!Inventory Insight
- to get track of the inventory of your other characters!Lorebooks
- indicates the location of books on the map. I find it useful but one may prefer to explore to find those. You can also find more letters & books in trials and dungeons that are not indicated by this addon.Potion alert
- a potions coutdown, useful for pve/pvp-intensive combats.No Thank You
- Hides annoying alerts such as guild member that finished a raid/activity, etc.Minimap by Fyrakin
- A very useful map.SkyShards
- arguably the most downloaded addon out there. It locates all(?) shard of the game. Very useful but few players will find it more rewarding to discover shards as it goes.Wykyyds Toolbar
- a small bar giving useful info like horse timer, gold, area, research timer, etc.
• BUILD OPTIMIZATION Combat Metric
- This must-have addon provides a small rectangle that displays an overview of how good you do damages, tanking, or heal (in value and %) by comparison to the group. In addition, you can display a report to see in detail how your skills and abilities performed well. I love the possibility to compare skills and also to see how the sequence of your skills in battle will improve your output. Warning : you need to download some "lib" libraries as the addon has depencies. Detailled in the addon.Combat Log Statistics (CLS)
- to have a description of the combat skills and clear idea of how good your skills will perform during combat. Very useful to test skills, compare them and improve your bars.CritPercent
- indicate how % worth the critic value of your gears so has to understand better the gear bonuses.Harven's Extended Stat
- Gives you more information about your statistics (critics,...)Itemization Browser
- indicates where you can get the armor pieces you need for your set, and all armor sets of the game. Very useful for max level player !!!!!!! (Thanks Fioskal)My Build
give an overview of your build/template and help you to compare build and make a good choice (please check if still updated) .Superstar
- give an overview of your build/template and help you to compare build and make a good choice (thanks Fioskal).T's Combat Stats
- to have a more precise description of each skill and its chance to critical strike.
• ARMOR Alpha Gear
- or AlphaGear2
to save and change your armor sets. Interface has been greatly updated in AlphaGear2.Bandit Gear Manager
addon with a very intuitive interface to save gears and associated skills, light addon.Wykyyds Outfitter
- small and smart addon to save change your outfit quickly.
• CRAFTING & JOBS Dolgubon’s Lazy Writ Crafter
- Take & perform automatically daily crafting quest. (and it works!!!).Harvest Map
- add resources coordinates on your map when you get one (ore, plants, wood, ...)Master Merchant
- for people interested in selling their goods in Trade Guild. This must-have addon displays the average value of items and number of items sold so far. However, it provokes a minor error as the "LUI" memory gets full. You can correct this by using Shissu's LUA Memory.Nirn Auction House
- You dreamt of a unique auction house for TESO? Here it is, sell your goods to other players accross Nirn !Potion Maker
- very helpful to save the “best combination” you found. It also give the effect of each alchemy materials.Research Assistant
- a must have for crafting : it indicates on each item if you need or not the traits for research (smithing, woodworking, & tailoring).Shissu's LUA Memory
- boost the memory allocated to addons, and avoid errors from master merchant.Sous-chef
– a very useful addon to track recipe between your characters (which has which), ingredients needed for recipes and furnitures, and also, it indicates in your cooking list the recipes needed for the daily craft quest. ThiefHelper
– if you plan to get rich by stealing.Votan’s Fisherman
- Very helpful addon which indicates the type of bait you should use for which environment. Smart and simple.
• PVE (Dungeons & Raids) Auto Recharge
– To keep your armor shiny and weapon charged. Smart.Lionas's Food & Drink Reminder
– because it’s a must a have to get a beer before a fight.Noob Filter
– this one is kind of cruel but it may be needed to get track of raid members.ReadyCheck
- lets you type /ready to do a ready check instead of fumbling with the group UI.Srendarr
– a good addon to track the Aura, Buff and Debuff... I think a must have in mmorpg.Trials Weekly Reset Tracker
- Always good to now when it is time to go to trials (raid 12).WPamA (What Pledges at my Alts).
To follow which are the daily group dungeons and world boss available. (suggested by Fioskal)PVP Cyrodiil Alert 2
- suggested below, war alliance notification, including objectives in progress. Also includes notifications for your position in the campaign queue, and if you log in directly to Cyrodiil, it tells you which campaign you're in.Rainbow Reticle
- Color-codes the cursor by target type, and puts their name & stats above it. Much less intrusive than a full combat tracker. (suggested by kamimark).
• HOUSING HomePort & HousePort
- an interface-less addon to set up a hotkey to your house. You still require to go to the shrine to teleport but you just need to press the key to TP to your house.Furniture Catalogue
the name says it all.Immaculate Construction
to place precisely your furniture. Note that the Greymoor Patch will come up with a way to do that.Magic Carpet
- fly in your house to help you put these items^^.
• GUILD Roomba
- allow to stockpile any items in your Guild Bank, which is not done in the basic game. Very useful to clear space.Shissu’s Guild Tools
Useful addon to send messages to all guild members. Other functions as well, please check it out.
Let thanks all the modders
that kindly took their time to provide wonderful addons to the community, and the people who answered to this post and pointed out many addons.
Let me know if any of the aforementioned addon is outdated & causing some interface error, so I can remove it from the list.
This list is in no way exhaustive. Please share with us your favorite addons!!!
SAME TOPIC HERE IN FRENCH:https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/fr/discussion/307067/guide-addons-indispensables-dec-2016/p1?new=1