Hello guys, 2 years ago I started this list to share the most useful add-on's list for TESO PC players.
Here is the last update: July 2018.
HOW TO GET ADDONS
First of all, please install Minion
, which is a must-have program that download and manage your addons
. Once installed, it will ask you the file where to put addons. Not only it provide a list of (all?) available updated addons, with information such as most downloaded ones, but it will also automatically install and update the last version of each addon, so you don't have to check the version at every update of TESO. Super useful. Go here: minion.mmoui.com/
Sites to get addons from, if you wish to install them manually:
ESO UI & ESO Addons Sub Reddit
Install repertory for Addons
Find the ESO Directory:
- Windows: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\
- Mac: ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/Live/
Locate the addons folder, if it does not exist create one.
Drop the Addons folder you downloaded into the folder. Note that MINION will automatically put the addons file here.
When starting the game, you should see the list of addons at the character selection page.
In game, you may change the parameter by accessing the menu (Social/addons). A list of your addon appears and their status.
If an addon is indicated as "obsolete", you want to remove it from the addon folder, or check for an update, as it may causes errors.
GOOD BASIC ADDONS
(alphabetical order) (last update: July 2018)
- provide useful filters to find out the object you want in your bank, inventory, etc… very useful.
- or Wykkyd Outfitter
to save and change your armor sets quickly !
Awesome Guild Store
- upgrade of interface for merchant pnj (similar to Advanced Filters), proposing category filters for level, price, quality filters, per unit price display, etc.
Chest Master 9000
- (not updated since March. 2016)
mark the position of chest on the map (may not work anymore?)
Destinations - (not updated since Oct. 2016) place some additional markers for your map - some altars, dwemers ruins, some quest givers, etc.. very useful. (may not work anymore?)
Dustman - get rid of some items in an automatic manner (selling, throwaway,etc.).
Harvest Map - add resources coordinates on your map when you get one (ore, plants, wood, ...)
Horse Timers– to take care of your horses. My wife wishes I had such a timer for her.
Greymind Quick Slot Bar - provide hotkey for Potions, etc. Good for PC users, as the wheel interface is a pain in the ...
Inventory Grid View - my favorite. Put your bags content as a grid. so useful for your bank! (last update April 2018)
Inventory Insight - to get track of the inventory of your other characters!
Lorebooks- indicates the location of books on the map. I find it useful but one may prefer to explore to find those. You can also find more letters & books in trials and dungeons that are not indicated by this addon.
Master Merchant - for people interested in selling their goods in Trade Guild. This must-have addon displays the average value of items and number of items sold so far. However, it provokes a minor error as the "LUI" memory gets full. You can correct this by using Shissu's LUA Memory.
Multicraft - Allow to craft more than 1 item at the time (put several in queue), for all kind of craft.
Minimap by Fyrakin - A very useful map a honestly a must have for most player. (obsolete on March 1st 2017)
Nirn Auction House - You dreamt of a unique auction house for TESO? Here it is, sell your goods to other players accross Nirn !
Potion Maker - very helpful to save the “best combination” you found. It also give the effect of each alchemy materials.
Research Assistant - a must have for crafting : it indicates on each item if you need or not the traits for research (smithing, woodworking, & tailoring).
Shissu's LUA Memory - boost the memory allocated to addons, and avoid errors from master merchant.
SkyShards - arguably the most downloaded addon out there. It locates all(?) shard of the game. Very useful but few players will find it more rewarding to discover shards as it goes.
Sous-chef – a very useful addon to track recipe between your characters (which has which), ingredients needed for recipes and furnitures, and also, it indicates in your cooking list the recipes needed for the daily craft quest. ( last update March 1st 2017)
Srendarr – a good addon to track the Aura, Buff and Debuff... I think a must have in mmorpg.
ThiefHelper – if you plan to get rich by stealing.
Votan’s Fisherman - Very helpful addon which indicates the type of bait you should use for which environment. Smart and simple.
Wykyyds Outfitter - (Last Update Feb. 2017) allow(ed?) to save change your outfit quickly.
Wykyyds Toolbar - a small bar giving useful info like horse timer, gold, area, research timer, etc.
ADD-ONS FOR HOUSING
HomePort & HousePort
- an interface-less addon to set up a hotkey to your house. You still require to go to the shrine to teleport but you just need to press the key to TP to your house.
ADDONS FOR IMPROVING YOUR BUILD
- This must-have addon provides a small rectangle that displays an overview of how good you do damages, tanking, or heal (in value and %) by comparison to the group. In addition, you can display a report to see in detail how your skills and abilities performed well. I love the possibility to compare skills and also to see how the sequence of your skills in battle will improve your output.
Combat Log Statistics (CLS)
- to have a description of the combat skills and clear idea of how good your skills will perform during combat. Very useful to test skills, compare them and improve your bars.
- indicate how % worth the critic value of your gears (last update November 2017).
Harven's Extended Stat
- Gives you more information about your statistics (critics,...) - (Last Update: August 2017 - may not work anymore).
- indicates where you can get the armor pieces you need for your set, and all armor sets of the game. Very useful for max level player !!!!!!! (Thanks Fioskal!)
(obsolete on March 1st 2017 but you can make it work)
- give an overview of your build/template and help you to compare build and make a good choice (thanks fioskal). Note that My Build
is a similar addons but it gives me error everytime I launch it (Jan 2017).
T's Combat Stats
- to have a more precise description of each skill and its chance to critical strike.
SOME GOOD ADDONS FOR GROUP PLAY & RAID
– To keep your armor shiny and weapon charged. Smart.
Lionas's Food & Drink Reminder
– because it’s a must a have to get a beer before a fight.
I would also add Combat Metrics
, described above, to compare yourself with other members of your group.
– this one is kind of cruel but it may be needed to get track of raid members.
- lets you type /ready to do a ready check instead of fumbling with the group UI.
Trials Weekly Reset Tracker
- Always good to now when it is time to go to trials (raid 12).
WPamA (What Pledges at my Alts).
To follow which are the daily group dungeons and world boss available. (Thanks Fioskal for this one!)
ADDONS FOR PVP
Cyrodiil Alert 2
- suggested below, war alliance notification, including objectives in progress. Also includes notifications for your position in the campaign queue, and if you log in directly to Cyrodiil, it tells you which campaign you're in.
No Thank You
- Hides annoying alerts such as guild member that finished a raid, etc..
- suggested below by kamimark. Color-codes the cursor by target type, and puts their name & stats above it. Much less intrusive than a full combat tracker.
Let thanks all the modders
that kindly took their time to provide wonderful addons to the community, and the people who answered to this post and pointed out many addons.
Let me know if any of the aforementioned addon is outdated & causing some interface error, so I can remove it from the list.
This list is in no way exhaustive, and its been 2 years now, you may use new addons. Please share with us your favorite addons.
SAME TOPIC HERE IN FRENCH: