The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do crafted sets have ALL the traits that are required to make them?...

M1SH3LL3
M1SH3LL3
✭✭✭
Hi guys,

Sorry to bother y'all but I have a question I cannot find an answer to. Since pretty much Day 1 of playing I've been researching my traits like a good girl (many vets told me to do this!). I'm now at a point where I've got light armour at 8 traits (just nirnhoned to go). My question is this....

Lets use Law of Julianos set as an example. It requires me to have 6 traits researched. When I make the set:
1) Will I get to choose which 6 (of the 8 I have researched) I use?
2) Will all 6 of those traits be on my equipment?

It's the second question that i'm really after the answer to. I just can't imagine that my 5 items will all have the benefit of 6 traits! I've never seen a piece of armor/weapon with more than 1 trait. I am misunderstanding how crafted sets work?

Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks all. x

Best Answer

• TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having 6 traits is only a requirement.
    For instance if you use Julianos you pick the trait among the traits you know for that piece.
    Answer ✓
  • M1SH3LL3
    M1SH3LL3
    ✭✭✭
    So when I create it I only get to choose 1 trait (of the 8 I have researched) for each armor/weapon piece (it's simply a requirement that I have researched 6). I see.

....thought it was too good to be true lol
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to buy All-Trait Twice-Born Set please will all 9 traits.
    And now imagine that on all chars.
    Server broken cuz too much strength. :D
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    Researching traits is avery good idea, since there are sets that need 9 researched traits to craft them:
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Craftable_Sets

So @M1SH3LL3: very good girl, indeed :smile:

So sad you can pick only one of them for each piece of armor...
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When researching traits, prioritize learning the traits you find useful first.

The more traits you have researched, the longer you need to wait, and if you lock out the good traits by leaving them last, it won't matter that you have 6 traits researched, because you want a divines piece, and you still haven''t researched it.

Leave Training and Prosperous for last.

This is how I would rank the armor traits (from highest priority to lowest):
    • Divines
    • Impenetrable
    • Infused
    • Sturdy
    • Reinforced
    • Well fitted
    • Nirnhoned
    • Training
    • Prosperous

This is how I would rank weapon traits:
    • Sharpened
    • Defending
    • Precise
    • Nirnhoned
    • Infused
    • Powered
    • Decisive
    • Charged
    • Training

Note that you won't prioritize always the same, it depends on which piece of gear you are researching.
    For example, When researching a Shield, Reinforced takes priority over all other traits.
    You need to figure out for yourself what traits are more desirable for which pieces.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Considering both the expense and relative uselessness of nirnhone on armor, it makes sense to leave it for last, if at all. There is really no need to research all traits on all pieces unless you are sure you'll actually craft all items. For example, if you don't use Light armor because your characters are stam users, you don't really need to invest heavily into LA trait research. Also, if you are intent on using monster sets for head and shoulders, no need to do all traits on those pieces. @Dubhliam has good advice on which traits to do first. It's not a bad idea to look at what equipment you plan to use, and prioritize research accordingly. For example, if you plan to be a dual wield or 2 handed stamina user, research medium armor in divine, impen, and infused traits, and likely one and two handed swords. Magic users would focus on light armor and staffs, though swords are also good if you plan to DW for the increased damage.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)