The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Healing Templar

DMuehlhausen
DMuehlhausen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So I'm looking to start up my Healing Templar again, haven't played since it was Vr2, and I'm looking to get a fairly simple breakdown of skills and gear. All the guides I find are just pages and pages of numbers break down and why this over this.

I just need something with the skills and equipment and basic tips really. The rest I can figure out for myself.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP or PvE? Trials or veteran dungeons?
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvP or PvE? Trials or veteran dungeons?

Just standard PvE so up to Vet Dungeons. Not really sure I'll have time to get into Trials
  • AlexTech0x
    AlexTech0x
    ✭✭✭
    Well basically you need SPC Set and/or IA-Worm or whatever the other set is, but SPC u do want.
    I'd say
    Mage light - healing springs- Repentance - Combat Prayer or rapid regen - BoL - Warhorn
    Shards, Ele drain, restoring focus, extended ritual, radiant - nova

elfborn blessed then hardy ele defender magician and the magicka recovery cp. Dungeons u can play with whatever u want really thats nothing u need a lot of set up
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    worm cult isnt really necessary. any mage that needs 5% cost reduction on top of other sources of reduction has a problem. i can sustainly dps on a nb with just siphon attacks, and other mages with the occassional heavy attack.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like using Soulshine + Sanctuary on my Magplar for vet dungeons.

Even on a Wood Elf, my heals are amazing with the Sanctuary set. Soulshine allows me to help out with damage more and take hits as it is heavy armor.

I run 5 heavy, 2 light (S+B & Resto). Both sets are very easy to farm too!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I run engine guardian for help with resources.
    Edited by brandonv516 on November 21, 2016 9:34PM
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlexTech0x wrote: »
    Well basically you need SPC Set and/or IA-Worm or whatever the other set is, but SPC u do want.
    I'd say
    Mage light - healing springs- Repentance - Combat Prayer or rapid regen - BoL - Warhorn
    Shards, Ele drain, restoring focus, extended ritual, radiant - nova

elfborn blessed then hardy ele defender magician and the magicka recovery cp. Dungeons u can play with whatever u want really thats nothing u need a lot of set up

What is the SPC set? Do I want all Light or can we do Heavy no for healing (use to only be light for the regen?) If some of these are morph skills I'm not aware of which they are.

My Templar is also currently a Imperial. They never seem to have a problem, but I can always re level one I suppose if they are truly sub par.
    Edited by DMuehlhausen on November 22, 2016 2:25PM
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run 5 SPC, 5 Worm Cult and 1 piece Iceheart. The 5% magicka reduction is absolutely fantastic, esp if you have a full magicka group.

Heal Skills are Regen, Extended Ritual, Healing Springs and Breathe of Life. I also slot Siphon Spirit.
    Dps skills are Blazing Spear, Wall of Fire, Necrotic Orbs and Jesus Beam (radiant destruction).

Don't forget about utilities for the group like Elemental Drain, Combat Prayer etc.

Ultimates vary but mostly I will keep either Rite of Passage for situations that will require extra magicka free healing, but otherwise I use Ice Comet for single target DPS use (and the magicka pool boost from Mage Guild passive). 2nd ultimate I run is now the new Destro Staff ultimate. It's incredibly strong and if you are smart about stacking all your possible buffs, this thing will hit HARD on every single tick.

Edited by itsfatbass on November 25, 2016 10:12PM
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • itzatecah
    itzatecah
    ✭✭
    @DMuehlhausen SPC is Spell Power Cure set which you can get from White-Gold Tower dungeon in Cyrodiil.
  • lordhakai
    lordhakai
    ✭✭✭
    i use tbs and rattle cage. this gives me 2300 mag recovery and 2600 spell damage
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all get to cp160 before you start focussing on getting gear, as the drop rates are weird and you don't want to waste time farming for non-cp160 stuff (max gear level)

Starter Gear:
    5 Julianos or Kagrenacs Hope
    The rest Magnus or Torugs Pact
    Willpower or Elegant jewelry

Weapons:
    • Restoration Staff good for skills and magicka return from heavy attacks.
    • Destruction Staff good if you play with players who use elemental damage type of skills.
    • Dual Wield is only good for the passive skill, that boosts your spell damage. It's not a needed weapon type, but it is a good alternative to destro staff if you run with team that does not need Elemental Drain casted on bosses.

A general good setup for a mixed group (elemental & magicka damage users + stamina users) would be:
    Resto staff:
    • Siphon Spirit
    • Blazing Spear
    • Rapid Regeneration
    • Healing Springs
    • Breath of Life
    • Ultimate: Solar Disturbance

Destro staff:
    • Mystic Orb
    • Repentance
    • Dark Flare
    • Elemental Drain
    • Breath of Life
    • Ultimate: Aggressive Warhorn

Bossfight >> start with casting Rapid Regeneration 2 times to cover all 4 of you, when tank reaches the boss cast Siphon Spirit on the boss. Weaponswap to destro staff and cast Elemental Drain, then do some damage and heal when it is needed, untill one of your skills run out, then recast it.
    Long bossfight >> cast a Blazing Spear to the tank, so he regains stamina, and cast a few Mystic Orbs to your team mates, in case they are low on magicka, recast Siphon Spirit and Elemental Drain.
    Mobfight >> start with casting Rapid Regeneration 2 times to cover all 4 of you, then when your damage dealers reach the middle of the mobs, spam Healing Springs 2 times, Blazing Spear 2 times, Healing Springs 2 times >> weaponswap and cast 2 Mystic Orbs and use repentance.
    Ultimates >> use these on hard bosses, or in situations where you are about to run out of magicka and you need your teem to take a bit less damage. If your team is good, then cast them for the purpose of damage on bosses.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on December 7, 2016 8:19AM
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First of all get to cp160 before you start focussing on getting gear, as the drop rates are weird and you don't want to waste time farming for non-cp160 stuff (max gear level)

Starter Gear:
    5 Julianos or Kagrenacs Hope
    The rest Magnus or Torugs Pact
    Willpower or Elegant jewelry

Weapons:
    • Restoration Staff good for skills and magicka return from heavy attacks.
    • Destruction Staff good if you play with players who use elemental damage type of skills.
    • Dual Wield is only good for the passive skill, that boosts your spell damage. It's not a needed weapon type, but it is a good alternative to destro staff if you run with team that does not need Elemental Drain casted on bosses.

A general good setup for a mixed group (elemental & magicka damage users + stamina users) would be:
    Resto staff:
    • Siphon Spirit
    • Blazing Spear
    • Rapid Regeneration
    • Healing Springs
    • Breath of Life
    • Ultimate: Solar Disturbance

Destro staff:
    • Mystic Orb
    • Repentance
    • Dark Flare
    • Elemental Drain
    • Breath of Life
    • Ultimate: Aggressive Warhorn

Bossfight >> start with casting Rapid Regeneration 2 times to cover all 4 of you, when tank reaches the boss cast Siphon Spirit on the boss. Weaponswap to destro staff and cast Elemental Drain, then do some damage and heal when it is needed, untill one of your skills run out, then recast it.
    Long bossfight >> cast a Blazing Spear to the tank, so he regains stamina, and cast a few Mystic Orbs to your team mates, in case they are low on magicka, recast Siphon Spirit and Elemental Drain.
    Mobfight >> start with casting Rapid Regeneration 2 times to cover all 4 of you, then when your damage dealers reach the middle of the mobs, spam Healing Springs 2 times, Blazing Spear 2 times, Healing Springs 2 times >> weaponswap and cast 2 Mystic Orbs and use repentance.
    Ultimates >> use these on hard bosses, or in situations where you are about to run out of magicka and you need your teem to take a bit less damage. If your team is good, then cast them for the purpose of damage on bosses.

Thank you for making the idea clear and concise so it's easy to follow.

What is the mix of armor I should have. Does it have to be all light, or can you mix it with heavy as well?

This is why I wish they would do an outfitter system. I'm assuming you want at least 5 piece light armor, but Templars should be wearing a decent amount of Heavy for the look.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DMuehlhausen The Undaunted Mettle (passive skill) gives about 2% extra magicka, stamina and health for each armor type you wear, so it's a total of 6% more max magicka/stamina/health you get if you wear 1 medium and 1 heavy + 5 light.

Chest gives the highest armor rating for some reason, heads & legs come as second. So it's best to make chest piece heavy, and either legs or head piece medium and the rest light. 5/1/1 is best for most magicka users.. healers included.

Best in Slot healing gear is:
    5 Spell Power Cure
    5 Infallible Aether/ 5 Twilight Remedy
    2 pieces of monster helmet + shoulder (this one depends on the team, wether they need more protection or additional damage)
    (3 SPC jewelry + 1 armor piece + 1 restoration staff, 4 IA or TR armor pieces + 1 destro staff, 2 monster items (head and shoulder - this requires that you have to weapon swap to restoration staff to proc SPC, and swap to Destro staff to proc IA/TR set)

Prioritize to get 5 Spell Power Cure set, all the other sets are less demanded and more troublesome to get.

Alternatives to Infallible Aether/ Twilight Remedy sets are Worm Cult, it is not BiS, but it is desired and most healers prefer to use this. Just be aware that if your team spreads too much, they will not benefit form the Worm Cult set :p but at least you will.
    It drops in normal and veteran Vaults of Madness, you can join pvp players to grind for Worm Cult.

• DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @failkiwib16_ESO - Where should skill points go? I'm currently around 361 I think. I've been playing off an on since beta but haven't played since 1T launched so that's why I'm a little behind on how to build this class.

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @failkiwib16_ESO - Where should skill points go? I'm currently around 361 I think. I've been playing off an on since beta but haven't played since 1T launched so that's why I'm a little behind on how to build this class.

All attributes into max magicka
    Use skillpoints for passives to:
    • Class skill lines
    • Restoration staff & Destruction Staff
    • Racial skills
    • Light Armor
    • Medium Armor + Heavy Armor (the ones you benefit from if you only wear 1 piece not full 5)
    • Dual Wield: Dual Wield Expert, Twin Blade and Blunt
    • Fighters Guild: Slayer, Banish The Wicked, Skilled Tracker
    • Mage guild: Mage Adept, Everlasting Magic, Magicka Controller, Might of The Guild
    • Undaunted: Undaunted Command, Undaunted Mettle
    • Legerdemain: Improved Hiding, Locksmith
    • Alchemy: Medicinal Use

For champion points i have to take a closer look, as I don't remember what I used lol I change them recently..
  • AlexTech0x
    AlexTech0x
    ✭✭✭
    lordhakao wrote: »
    i use tbs and rattle cage. this gives me 2300 mag recovery and 2600 spell damage

ok, but the group also exists, that magicka recovery is very high and you can get the same spell damage with power cure. I doubt people get you into raids
  • AlexTech0x
    AlexTech0x
    ✭✭✭
    @DMuehlhausen The Undaunted Mettle (passive skill) gives about 2% extra magicka, stamina and health for each armor type you wear, so it's a total of 6% more max magicka/stamina/health you get if you wear 1 medium and 1 heavy + 5 light.

Chest gives the highest armor rating for some reason, heads & legs come as second. So it's best to make chest piece heavy, and either legs or head piece medium and the rest light. 5/1/1 is best for most magicka users.. healers included.

Best in Slot healing gear is:
    5 Spell Power Cure
    5 Infallible Aether/ 5 Twilight Remedy
    2 pieces of monster helmet + shoulder (this one depends on the team, wether they need more protection or additional damage)
    (3 SPC jewelry + 1 armor piece + 1 restoration staff, 4 IA or TR armor pieces + 1 destro staff, 2 monster items (head and shoulder - this requires that you have to weapon swap to restoration staff to proc SPC, and swap to Destro staff to proc IA/TR set)

Prioritize to get 5 Spell Power Cure set, all the other sets are less demanded and more troublesome to get.

Alternatives to Infallible Aether/ Twilight Remedy sets are Worm Cult, it is not BiS, but it is desired and most healers prefer to use this. Just be aware that if your team spreads too much, they will not benefit form the Worm Cult set :p but at least you will.
    It drops in normal and veteran Vaults of Madness, you can join pvp players to grind for Worm Cult.

worm is a must set ( not to have equipped all the time )
    also master resto staff beats a set staff, 5,5,2 with a healer just doesn't fit nox
    twilight is useless for people with trap btw
  • Nocturnalan
    Nocturnalan
    ✭✭✭
    Does your max Magika number also increase the effectiveness of healing in some way? Is there a formula for this?
    Templar Healer PVP/PVE
    Stam/Mag Warden PVP
    MagSorc PVP
    XB1 NA 1100+CP
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does your max Magika number also increase the effectiveness of healing in some way? Is there a formula for this?
    The power of spells increase with the resource that they cost to use, so a skill that costs Magicka will become more powerful the more Magicka you have. This also extends to healing abilities.

It's also worth noting that healing abilities can land critical hits, increasing their healing power by 50% (by default).
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade