The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Removal of Sneak in Cyrodiil

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just like universal stealth hurts your experience where AoE blobs don't, AoE blobs hurt other people's experience where universal stealth doesn't.

That's the point I'm trying to make.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove Stealth completly except for Cloak (Nightblade Skill) (only in Cyrodiil)
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Just like universal stealth hurts your experience where AoE blobs don't, AoE blobs hurt other people's experience where universal stealth doesn't.

And just because two things are bad we should not be able to argue about either of those seperately?

I just can´t wrap my head around that train of thought... as that logic produces a standstill on every topic discussed. You´re linking largely unrelated issues just because...

Reversing that logic we should not be discussing eye of the storm just because of sneak - whaaat? In what world does that make any sense?
    Edited by Derra on November 21, 2016 11:57AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Ernest145
    Ernest145
    ✭✭✭
    I was against this at first till I really thought about it. Anytime I try to solo or play with a small group there are always tons of players who hide in stealth and wait for me or my group to be engaged, then they pop out of stealth so they zerg us. On NA TF Maubee's AD raid is notorious for this, literally stealths around with a raid to zerg down small scalers. I don't think removing it entirely would be the best idea but there definitely should be an adjustment.

This will benefit smaller groups in open fields but when it comes to keep defenses and objective play it will hurt them. How will small numbers stealth into the keep while there is a huge zerg attacking and is all around? or how will a solo player go put up sneak out to put up a forward camp? I guess you can use an invis pot but idk.

Good luck with getting zos to listen I really hope they adjust this, but there isn't one clearly thought out solution in this thread. You can't just outright remove stealth, that would just do more harm than good to most pvpers.
    Invictus

Big Ernie - Templar - EP Grand Overlord
  • Haydenmango
    Haydenmango
    ✭✭✭
    Give Dragonknights Major Evasion on Cinder Storm and remove Stealth completly except for Cloak (Nightblade Skill) (only in Cyrodiil)
    give me major evasion with cinder storm pls

...sneaking is fine. :p
    Haydenmango V16 Magicka Dragonknight Ebonheart Pact PC/NA

I PvE AND PvP!

I stream on twitch sometimes - https://www.twitch.tv/haydenmango/profile
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    Ernest145 wrote: »
    I was against this at first till I really thought about it. Anytime I try to solo or play with a small group there are always tons of players who hide in stealth and wait for me or my group to be engaged, then they pop out of stealth so they zerg us. On NA TF Maubee's AD raid is notorious for this, literally stealths around with a raid to zerg down small scalers. I don't think removing it entirely would be the best idea but there definitely should be an adjustment.

This will benefit smaller groups in open fields but when it comes to keep defenses and objective play it will hurt them. How will small numbers stealth into the keep while there is a huge zerg attacking and is all around? or how will a solo player go put up sneak out to put up a forward camp? I guess you can use an invis pot but idk.

Good luck with getting zos to listen I really hope they adjust this, but there isn't one clearly thought out solution in this thread. You can't just outright remove stealth, that would just do more harm than good to most pvpers.

This thread is becoming like Animal Farm. "It hurts me and outrages me...so get rid of it!"

Ridiculous. Why anyone would even entertain the notion of eliminating or gimping sneak/stealth/crouch is absurd.
    Edited by God_flakes on November 21, 2016 1:00PM
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

And just because two things are bad we should not be able to argue about either of those seperately?

I just can´t wrap my head around that train of thought... as that logic produces a standstill on every topic discussed. You´re linking largely unrelated issues just because...

Reversing that logic we should not be discussing eye of the storm just because of sneak - whaaat? In what world does that make any sense?
    The train of thought is that in Cyrodiil there will always be things you don't really like. Universal stealth is among the least annoying things in a world of bad performance, ridiculous damage, tanking, healing and an overpowered Ultimate or three.

I'm not a fan of all the scrubs jumping you from stealth just as I'm not a fan of AoE blobs. They are a part of Cyrodiil however and removing either of it would be a loss to the game as a whole.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

The train of thought is that in Cyrodiil there will always be things you don't really like. Universal stealth is among the least annoying things in a world of bad performance, ridiculous damage, tanking, healing and an overpowered Ultimate or three.

I'm not a fan of all the scrubs jumping you from stealth just as I'm not a fan of AoE blobs. They are a part of Cyrodiil however and removing either of it would be a loss to the game as a whole.

In your personal opinion it´s the least annoying.
    In my opinion it´s competing for #1 spot with lag.

Your argument is still: a) b) c) d) e) are all flawed and imo d) is the least flawed of them so in the end nothing should change.

More strawman arguments not having anything to do with the topic at hand don´t change the fact that they have nothing to do with this topic.
    The only thing you´re saying is: Everything has flaws so we better don´t discuss anything of it.

I don´t even want to fully remove stealth (it´s just the only option available in this topic). I want it reworked. I want drawbacks and especially i´d like to see tanks and casters be stripped from the ability to be permanently invisible...
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    I think folks have made the argument for those in heavy armour to not be able to sneak, but anyone in leather or cloth shouldn't have any issues sneaking.

But then a ton of variables start to happen.

If I have one piece heavy and 5 medium and 1 light do I get to sneak? etc.

Thus I can't see it ever going that route as that would be a pain in the *** to set up I'd think.

Its all or nothing.
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove Stealth completly (only in Cyrodiil)
    A thread about the removal of sneak and a player who zerg surfs (and funnily enough is a block tank lol) brings destro ulti into the thread like they do on every other thread they post on.

Smh.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    KisoValley wrote: »
    A thread about the removal of sneak and a player who zerg surfs (and funnily enough is a block tank lol) brings destro ulti into the thread like they do on every other thread they post on.

Smh.

Well if he's not in a group, he is soloing :trollface:
    Edited by Master_Kas on November 21, 2016 3:25PM
    EU | PC
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol. its so funny to read this while thinking> my raid actively does stealth sieging, which hurts ppl, because all they wanna do is farm ap, so if they need to spend 1min, to search my raid without ap income, they feel tears falling down.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    glavius wrote: »
    Sneak is what makes solo play possible. Remove it and everyone is forced to run in groups

It's exact opposite. Sneak is what makes solo play impossible. People will run in groups because they never know how many people are waiting for them in stealth. If we could see everyone from a distance, solo players would be able to pick their fights all the time, making it much more enjoyable for them.

Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    Etaniel wrote: »
    Sneak is what makes solo play possible. Remove it and everyone is forced to run in groups

It's exact opposite. Sneak is what makes solo play impossible. People will run in groups because they never know how many people are waiting for them in stealth. If we could see everyone from a distance, solo players would be able to pick their fights all the time, making it much more enjoyable for them.

Sneak makes solo play impossible? Oh come on!! Why do we need major changes to integral game mechanics to tailor to one playstyle over another in a game where there is NO penalty when you die? Smh <strongly>. So what if you die solo? So what if you die in a large group? Rez up and get back out there. People need to stop demanding changes because they die. This is getting ridiculous.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    Etaniel wrote: »

Sneak makes solo play impossible? Oh come on!! Why do we need major changes to integral game mechanics to tailor to one playstyle over another in a game where there is NO penalty when you die? Smh <strongly>. So what if you die solo? So what if you die in a large group? Rez up and get back out there. People need to stop demanding changes because they die. This is getting ridiculous.

Impossible was an overstatement.
    Doesn't change the fact his argument is wrong.

Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im against removing a style of play completely. I think maybe increasing players stealth detection a few meters would be fair.

The issue with stealth everyone complains about are its counters are terrible. Radiant Magelightis garbage, it's a toggle, that does no damage, don't work half the time and is only really good for stealth tankers to toggle for Empowerment before they arrow pew pew you. How ironic right? The games main anti-stealth tool is the prime component for Stam gankers.

Flare is a joke with horrible targeting and easy to avoid

AOE while works is a poor choice of skill unless your attacking multiple people the math cost doesn't work out for you.

Crouch needs a slight adjustment, but so does Nightblade Cloak. Cloak is broken in its current form. It's DOT suppression is good, but it shouldn't be broken by skills like Toppling Charge or Dizxy swing.

Stealth zergs are the new thing though, everyone gets jumped. Y 6-8 people hiding in stealth every night, it's the new black
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stealth zergs are the new thing though, everyone gets jumped. Y 6-8 people hiding in stealth every night, it's the new black
    I'll leave this here. Greetings from France.

Edited by Lava_Croft on November 21, 2016 6:53PM
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Give Dragonknights Major Evasion on Cinder Storm and remove Stealth completly except for Cloak (Nightblade Skill) (only in Cyrodiil)
    Sheet, I'll take that.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    I'll leave this here. Greetings from France.

Is that the infamous Howard Dean scream? :lol:
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    would like to see keep guards reduce enemies stealth strength when within ballista range so you can't hide in plain sight right outside an enemy keep
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really a big fan of sneak in general tbh but I think that is the least of the worries pvp players should have at the moment.

WTB 1.5/6 servers plz zos
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
  • ScooberSteve
    ScooberSteve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    You just rolled yourself good job!
    Edited by ScooberSteve on November 27, 2016 7:07AM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sneaking should not make you invisible, but just make your name tag/alliance indicator disappear or something. Entire armies (zergs) should not be able to hide in plain sight with shiny armors)

Hiding should be done by using rocks and tree's.

cloak of course should just work because that is not sneaking.

Of course, this will never happen.
    Edited by Knootewoot on November 29, 2016 7:15AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    As a mainly solo player (mage DK), sneak acts as my main defense against zergs and ganksquads, and allows me to even the odds a bit against superior numbers when I'm on the offensive.

Unless "physical" line of sight/ducking behind something hiding is no longer crippled by things like nameplates and faction icons, I would be very upset if I weren't able to use sneak in pvp.
    Edited by Still_Mind on November 29, 2016 7:59AM
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"