The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Removal of Sneak in Cyrodiil

• Delimber
    Delimber
    ✭✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    I solo pvp most of the time and most of my deaths to stealth players have been in the sewers where there are lots of hiding places.

I can't recall walking out of a keep and getting jumped by a group of ninja's.

I like the way it is as it allows me to hide from a group as I'm not set up for 1vX's.

Edited by Delimber on November 19, 2016 6:47PM
    Solo PvP and PvE most of the time.
    CP 2300+
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pop a potion.
    PC EU
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove Stealth completly except for Cloak (Nightblade Skill) (only in Cyrodiil)
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Time to remove universal shields from Cyrodiil, except the Sorcerer's ward!
    Time to remove universal reflecting from Cyrodiil, except for Dragon Knight scales!
    Time to remove universal masonry from Cyrodiil, except for Templars!

The only thing they really need to do is increase the distance at which crouched people can be detected without the use of abilities/potions.

it would have to be out of gapclose range because if it wasn´t - nothing would change.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    If you could effectively kite in this game and gap closers were only dealing 25% of the damage they dealt now... then id be fine with your suggestion of only having cloak be the way to turn invisible. However its not just nb's that sneak, many classes still use this function to flank there enemy or catch them off guard.

Its to core of a function to remove. Your like asking for roll dodge to be removed.

If you hate gankers slot Radiant Mage Light. If your quick to respond and recover a ganker will never kill you.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pop a potion.

How do you pop a potion to detect people on an open field shooting arrows from different directions at you. How dense do you have to be to make such a statement.
    <Noricum>

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you could effectively kite in this game and gap closers were only dealing 25% of the damage they dealt now... then id be fine with your suggestion of only having cloak be the way to turn invisible. However its not just nb's that sneak, many classes still use this function to flank there enemy or catch them off guard.

Its to core of a function to remove. Your like asking for roll dodge to be removed.

If you hate gankers slot Radiant Mage Light. If your quick to respond and recover a ganker will never kill you.

The problem is not a single ganker trying to kill you. It´s the ability to have 3,4 or more people with healers sitting in stealth - that is idiotic.

God forbid people would have actually be smart about their movement to flank the enemy instead of running 10m past them while they´re invisible.
    <Noricum>

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it as it is

I agree. The ability to sneak has been present in all Tes games for all classes. I don't understand any reason to remove it.
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give Dragonknights Major Evasion on Cinder Storm and remove Stealth completly except for Cloak (Nightblade Skill) (only in Cyrodiil)
    Wollust wrote: »
    #makemagDKgreatagain

<3<3<3
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    glavius wrote: »
    Sneak is what makes solo play possible. Remove it and everyone is forced to run in groups

This is a very nice example of what is wrong with the eso community.

Subpar players spouting "facts" perceived from their subjective gameplay experience based on flawed execution. They will never take the time to even try becoming a better player since ZOS circumvents any incentive doing so to please the mainstream scrub's sense of entitlement. And if not ZOS, it`s the next best self exposure wannabe helping out with max cheese builds on demand via stream.

This is the very first game I play, where gamers (PvP) don't seek and strive for the most difficult challenges. Freaking Tetris community is more competetive than ESOs in regards to attitude.

WELL SAID!

gotta aggree on that too, met so many people with such a mindset so far
    Edited by pjwb16_ESO on November 19, 2016 7:40PM
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    If you remove it from Cyrodiil you might as well remove it from the game, since it is only useful in PvP anyway.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    literally the worst post ive ever seen here
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    Derra wrote: »

The problem is not a single ganker trying to kill you. It´s the ability to have 3,4 or more people with healers sitting in stealth - that is idiotic.

God forbid people would have actually be smart about their movement to flank the enemy instead of running 10m past them while they´re invisible.

People have requested before the more people in stealth inside a specific radius increases there detection radius by a ton. So if 4 people or even a guild were sneaking together, you could see them from 10-15 meters away if you run by em.
    PS4 NA DC
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pop a potion.

How do you pop a potion to detect people on an open field shooting arrows from different directions at you. How dense do you have to be to make such a statement.

No need to be insulting, @Derra.

I just think threads like this are ridiculous. Why would the game developers remove stealth from Cyrodiil after 3 years? In battlegrounds perhaps but why take a legitimate playstyle/tactic completely out of PvP for the benefit of who? Why can't you use detect potions or skills?

If I have the mats and time I'm always gonna have immovable/detect/Magicka potions or if I'm on sorc/nb just slot inner light on front bar.
    PC EU
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    Not my fault you're too cheap to use detect pots

If you are in PvP and you don't have detect pots then I don't know what you are doing
  • AyelineESO
    AyelineESO
    ✭✭✭
    judging from what I read here, all those people that want everything to stay as it is right now, have never actually tried solo'ing/duo'ing/small scale'ing in general apart from their zerg because If they did, they would know that something has to change.
    EU - PC
    Banana Squad Inc | Zerg Squad | AoE Rats | Roleplay Circle

Raid/Solo character(s):
    AD | Qiáng | Lvl 50 Stamden | AR 32

Solo/ Smallscale characters:
    DC | Šhaðë | Lvl 50 StamNB | AR 50 | GO reached: 30.10.2015
    AD | Ðawñbrêåkêr | Lvl 50 StamNB | AR 44

Ex-Raid characters
    AD | Lord Ayeline | Lvl 50 Stam Sorc | AR 38
    AD | Ayelíne | Lvl 50 Stam DK | AR 22
    EP | Get Meme'd Kid | Lvl 50 Stam Sorc | AR 36
    EP | Àyèlìnè | Lvl 50 Stam Warden | AR Pleb
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove Stealth completly (only in Cyrodiil)
    Eh, personally I'm just sick of "NOT" being able to use sneak. idk why I don't get a bonus damage to my magicka attacks with it ( I giant sheeve of ice hitting you head should be just as "ambushy and effective" as an arrow), and the fact is I played a pet sorc for a long long time... and The whole pets not cloaking with you 50% of the time is just crap.

Nightblades can cloak when they're rooted to the ground and I can't see them if I am literally running through their character lol.... But if I try to cloak, I can be seen and tracked by my pets 50% of the time, and the other times I'm revealed when someone gets within like 20 feet of me lol

SO..... until there is some re balancing, just get rid of it. Yes I know...pew pew pew sniping from stealth= awesome But I'd like to as well.

Also it's infuriating how the pet AI will lock onto some previously killed player and run towards them if my main target cloaks. So my pets are constantly out of position and unwilling to help verses a cloaking target... Literally I have to set them to passive if the nightblade just repeatedly cloaks and fear spams whenever they come out of stealth. I'm not saying I have insane difficulties with nightblades- cuz I really don't 90% of the time. it's just the buggy behavior, and the unbalanced bonus damage stamina gets (cuz they don't already have enough lol)..........
    Edited by NativeJoe on November 19, 2016 10:01PM
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    Can I assume you have <25k health, no crit resist, and no idea how to counter stealth?

For the record: aoes, detect pots, magelight, revealing flare, camo hunter. Also watch your surroundings especially in the sewers. If you see a shadow image, put mines up or a trap on it if you aren't going to keep an eye on it.

Or since infernal guardian is broken af just equip that and spam shields to pull everyone out of stealth :expressionless:.
    Edited by Stoopid_Nwah on November 19, 2016 10:08PM
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    AyelineESO wrote: »
    judging from what I read here, all those people that want everything to stay as it is right now, have never actually tried solo'ing/duo'ing/small scale'ing in general apart from their zerg because If they did, they would know that something has to change.

Ummmm so what happens when my small man, consisting of a Stam dk and a Templar and me a NB gets spotted by a large group of 24 because my two partners can't stealth? You have no idea what you're talking about if you say it only benefits zergs. Smfh.
  • AyelineESO
    AyelineESO
    ✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »

Ummmm so what happens when my small man, consisting of a Stam dk and a Templar and me a NB gets spotted by a large group of 24 because my two partners can't stealth? You have no idea what you're talking about if you say it only benefits zergs. Smfh.

you just walk away from them? I mean since you are a small man, your people should be even more attentive than those zerglings, which results in you seeing them first. so you have enough time to avoid them
    Edited by AyelineESO on November 19, 2016 11:01PM
    EU - PC
    Banana Squad Inc | Zerg Squad | AoE Rats | Roleplay Circle

Raid/Solo character(s):
    AD | Qiáng | Lvl 50 Stamden | AR 32

Solo/ Smallscale characters:
    DC | Šhaðë | Lvl 50 StamNB | AR 50 | GO reached: 30.10.2015
    AD | Ðawñbrêåkêr | Lvl 50 StamNB | AR 44

Ex-Raid characters
    AD | Lord Ayeline | Lvl 50 Stam Sorc | AR 38
    AD | Ayelíne | Lvl 50 Stam DK | AR 22
    EP | Get Meme'd Kid | Lvl 50 Stam Sorc | AR 36
    EP | Àyèlìnè | Lvl 50 Stam Warden | AR Pleb
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    Not sure if trolling or legitimately the worst idea I have ever seen

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭
    Remove Stealth completly (only in Cyrodiil)
    All those *** stealth gankers that don't have the balls to challenge people In a REAL fight need to l2p instead of 1 shotting from stealth. Literally unfair for everyone else, and if you say I have to slot mage light on both bars to not die then you can go suck a fat one because that isn't his this game should work. I shouldn't have to give up 2/10 of my skill slots (I didn't count ultimate cause you can't put mage light there) just to stop getting 1 shot. All you cowardly snipe, proc set, *** ass gankers are why cyrodiil is a POS and why I quit pvp.
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pop a potion.

I just think threads like this are ridiculous. Why would the game developers remove stealth from Cyrodiil after 3 years? In battlegrounds perhaps but why take a legitimate playstyle/tactic completely out of PvP for the benefit of who? Why can't you use detect potions or skills?

If I have the mats and time I'm always gonna have immovable/detect/Magicka potions or if I'm on sorc/nb just slot inner light on front bar.

Well because obviously you still don´t understand the problem.

I can not use inner light due to pve/pvp limitations. Thx zos.

I can not use a 15s potion on 45s cd with ~10m range to counter 36+m sneak attacks with a bow. Or just about anything really (or do you want to tell me that you run around like a maniac on your sorc chugging detect potions - because that would be freaking hilarious).

The problem i have with sneak is that you can hide with an entire freaking zerg completely invisible without any "natural" cover on plain terrain.

They should remove it because that "legitimate" playstyle (it is for solo players) gets used by grps up to 20 people (yeah i see that every day i´m in pvp) to trap smaller numbers or single players.
    The possibility to hide an entire zerg in sneak does nothing but create a miserable gameplay experience for anyone encountering that.
    The problem is that the only "counter" is doing exactly the same.

What´s so freaking hard to understand that a mechanic is only problematic when utilized by grps.
    It´s the same with soulassault.
    Or jesusbeam.
    Or destroult.
    Edited by Derra on November 19, 2016 11:11PM
    <Noricum>

• pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give Dragonknights Major Evasion on Cinder Storm and remove Stealth completly except for Cloak (Nightblade Skill) (only in Cyrodiil)
    Pop a potion.

"Why would they remove Dynamiy Ult and soft caps after they've been in the game for over a year" - some guy 1.5 years ago
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »

To be honest. We never stealth and this has basically never been an issue for us.

When we get overwhelmed it´s because people can release / rezz to fast and it´s neverending combat.
    <Noricum>

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »
    Not my fault you're too cheap to use detect pots

If you are in PvP and you don't have detect pots then I don't know what you are doing

Yeah. Another player running around everywhere with detect potions...

I don´t think you´ve ever tried to pvp without sneaking and are just pulling anything out of your behind because what´s discussed is beyond your limited pvp experience.
    <Noricum>

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it as it is
    Bandit1215 wrote: »
    All those *** stealth gankers that don't have the balls to challenge people In a REAL fight need to l2p instead of 1 shotting from stealth. Literally unfair for everyone else, and if you say I have to slot mage light on both bars to not die then you can go suck a fat one because that isn't his this game should work. I shouldn't have to give up 2/10 of my skill slots (I didn't count ultimate cause you can't put mage light there) just to stop getting 1 shot. All you cowardly snipe, proc set, *** ass gankers are why cyrodiil is a POS and why I quit pvp.

You know most PvP games have stealth classes . You might want something more like mortal kombat . You could just duel though since its out .
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

What about that smiff guy?
    Smiff
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    Eh, personally I'm just sick of "NOT" being able to use sneak. idk why I don't get a bonus damage to my magicka attacks with it ( I giant sheeve of ice hitting you head should be just as "ambushy and effective" as an arrow), and the fact is I played a pet sorc for a long long time... and The whole pets not cloaking with you 50% of the time is just crap.

Nightblades can cloak when they're rooted to the ground and I can't see them if I am literally running through their character lol.... But if I try to cloak, I can be seen and tracked by my pets 50% of the time, and the other times I'm revealed when someone gets within like 20 feet of me lol

SO..... until there is some re balancing, just get rid of it. Yes I know...pew pew pew sniping from stealth= awesome But I'd like to as well.

Also it's infuriating how the pet AI will lock onto some previously killed player and run towards them if my main target cloaks. So my pets are constantly out of position and unwilling to help verses a cloaking target... Literally I have to set them to passive if the nightblade just repeatedly cloaks and fear spams whenever they come out of stealth. I'm not saying I have insane difficulties with nightblades- cuz I really don't 90% of the time. it's just the buggy behavior, and the unbalanced bonus damage stamina gets (cuz they don't already have enough lol)..........

What makes you think you should be just as effective as a nb in stealth your a sorc play a sorc
    Smiff
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bandit1215 wrote: »

The salt is real with this one
    Smiff
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can click the quote button to not have to spam the thread with triple posting.
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    You can click the quote button to not have to spam the thread with triple posting.
    Think I'll do what I want thanks
    Smiff