The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New player, stuck on Alliance choice.

• Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't join EP unless you like being alone. Many of it's former player's have switched to the other alliances since there are pvp guilds willing to take in new player's and actually use voice chat.

Idk wtf is wrong with EP but *** it, I'm just going to say it, They really need to L2p in groups.

EP is doomed! Just check out the population at any given time compared to the other factions. It has nothing to do with "toxic zone chat"
    NA/PC
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go DC. Thank me later.
  • PieMaster1
    PieMaster1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go DC. Thank me later.

I already decided on AD. If I'm gonna zerg, I'm gonna be a zerg mage!
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go DC. Thank me later.

What a terrible choice. May you find your demise many a time at the tips of swords wielded by soldiers of the COVENANT.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Highstake wrote: »
    I recommend u to choose either AD or DC, they are better organized for pvp. Forget the EP, it has little weight even in random grps, only a lil piece of them are worth of.

As scumbag as this may sound, I'd rather join EP for the zerging fest at least for right now. I always tend to go with the crowd that over-rushes the others, even if there's no skill there is just sheer numbers. If that's the case then I'll just join Ebonheart. Maybe when I become more experienced I'll join the more wise factions.

So let me get this straight..As a majority, AD are mages/archers/dw thieves? And DC is more warrior-ish than the others? DC has a mage-killer so to speak, a heavy hitter race and a regular warrior race. Where does EP stand? It seems that Nords are heavy warriors, Dunmer are some sort of magic race with destruction and I don't even know that the hell Argonians are supposed to be. Probably the race I know least about.

I am an Imperial, so technically I could be anything. I am a DK as of now (Stamina), heavy armor and heavy everything. Is EP a good faction to be in? As in does it fit?

LOLZ; its ok bro N the N and D698XGr.jpg would be happy to have more s_____g zerglings!!

Shots fired at EP guild leaders.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • PieMaster1
    PieMaster1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go DC. Thank me later.

What a terrible choice. May you find your demise many a time at the tips of swords wielded by soldiers of the COVENANT.

DC was actually my initial choice, until I heard from literally everybody that they had the lowest player count and they always get rushed. Unfortunately in this game, it's quantity over quality.

When DC gets highest pop maybe I'll be a traitor and defect :D
    Edited by PieMaster1 on November 20, 2016 7:08PM
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go DC. Thank me later.

Htf is your name allowed when "Pain in the Axe" isn't?

Ps. We don't want you in DC if you're afraid to fight outnumbered.
    Edited by God_flakes on November 20, 2016 8:31PM
  • PieMaster1
    PieMaster1
    ✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    Go DC. Thank me later.

What is wrong about a coconut pie and whipped cream with a cherry on top being yummy?
    Edited by PieMaster1 on November 20, 2016 8:34PM
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go DC. Thank me later.

What is wrong about a coconut pie and whipped cream with a cherry on top being yummy?

Problem is it's not what your name means and you know it. :neutral:
  • G-sus_NL
    G-sus_NL
    ✭✭
    Read about the leaders of the faction and think about which one you would be most proud to fight under. That's the faction you choose.
    PSN: G-sus - EU - Daggerfall Covenant - DW DK Imperial
  • PieMaster1
    PieMaster1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go DC. Thank me later.

Oh, you silly goose! I just really like pies with cream on them!

Judging by your hostile attitude with pies and cream..You're a cheesecake fan, aren't you?
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go DC. Thank me later.

Judging by your hostile attitude with pies and cream..You're a cheesecake fan, aren't you?

Oh geez. I'm not hostile. I seriously don't understand how Zos decides what's allowed and what isn't as far as names go.
  • PieMaster1
    PieMaster1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go DC. Thank me later.

Oh geez. I'm not hostile. I seriously don't understand how Zos decides what's allowed and what isn't as far as names go.
    Well, I hope they let me keep it. The Aldmeri Dominion needs my pies if they are to survive the Alliance War.
    Edited by PieMaster1 on November 21, 2016 3:51AM
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm laughing irl now
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on November 20, 2016 9:55PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best story: DC
    Best PvP: EP
    Best PvE: Doesn't matter
    Best community: Everyone sucks
  • Esgameplaya1
    Esgameplaya1
    ✭✭✭✭
    S7FMFeB.jpg

Edited by Esgameplaya1 on November 21, 2016 6:55AM
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go DC. Thank me later.

Well, I hope they let me keep it. The Aldmeri Dominion needs my pies if they are to survive the Alliance War.

From what I hear they don't appreciate tasty pie. You should have chosen DC-real men who like real pie.
    Edited by God_flakes on November 21, 2016 1:12PM
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    There used to be a strong alliance pride back when you could not easily switch characters to play on a different faction, before cross alliance grouping, and of course one tamriel. Ever since these updates, many of my friends are only lovely tired to their first faction. Most of my guild mates, like many have said, play the faction that meets theirs needs of the day. Whether it's to play with friends on EP, or farm ap with a guild on AD, it varies from day to day.

So, you should pick the faction with friends or a faction that meets your role playing needs. At the end of the day, you will most probably make an opposing faction character.
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Highstake wrote: »
    I recommend u to choose either AD or DC, they are better organized for pvp. Forget the EP, it has little weight even in random grps, only a lil piece of them are worth of.

As scumbag as this may sound, I'd rather join EP for the zerging fest at least for right now. I always tend to go with the crowd that over-rushes the others, even if there's no skill there is just sheer numbers. If that's the case then I'll just join Ebonheart. Maybe when I become more experienced I'll join the more wise factions.

So let me get this straight..As a majority, AD are mages/archers/dw thieves? And DC is more warrior-ish than the others? DC has a mage-killer so to speak, a heavy hitter race and a regular warrior race. Where does EP stand? It seems that Nords are heavy warriors, Dunmer are some sort of magic race with destruction and I don't even know that the hell Argonians are supposed to be. Probably the race I know least about.

I am an Imperial, so technically I could be anything. I am a DK as of now (Stamina), heavy armor and heavy everything. Is EP a good faction to be in? As in does it fit?

LOLZ; its ok bro N the N and D698XGr.jpg would be happy to have more s_____g zerglings!!

I feel like I should be triggered here for some reason but I'm not.... hmm.
    Go DC. Thank me later.

May you have safe gank free travels joining your fellow AD zerglings as you are naturally pulled to the Alessia bridge comrade.
    Edited by NACtron on November 22, 2016 6:00AM
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

• Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »
    Don't join EP unless you like being alone. Many of it's former player's have switched to the other alliances since there are pvp guilds willing to take in new player's and actually use voice chat.

Idk wtf is wrong with EP but *** it, I'm just going to say it, They really need to L2p in groups.

EP is doomed! Just check out the population at any given time compared to the other factions. It has nothing to do with "toxic zone chat"

Meh, EP is starting to get back on track. A lot of guilds where taking a break. Havoc is starting to come back (after a long break XD) Which most EP players are very excited about btw.

In TS last night we where talking about trying to make EP competitive again rather than spending all day everyday at Alessia bridge.

We'll see.
    Invictus
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »

Meh, EP is starting to get back on track. A lot of guilds where taking a break. Havoc is starting to come back (after a long break XD) Which most EP players are very excited about btw.

In TS last night we where talking about trying to make EP competitive again rather than spending all day everyday at Alessia bridge.

We'll see.

Yeah seeing some havoc players out and about is exciting! I think EP is on the upward trend. However we have a MAJOR deficit in organization during almost all hours of the day besides the US primetime hours. We won't be competitive in a campaign until that is fixed.
    Edited by NACtron on November 22, 2016 3:32PM
    Pact Militia GM

• Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NACtron wrote: »

We'll see.

Yeah seeing some havoc players out and about is exciting! I think EP is on the upward trend. However we have a MAJOR deficit in organization during almost all hours of the day besides the US primetime hours. We won't be competitive in a campaign until that is fixed.

You can only be competitive if you night cap. This has basically been a fact since the game came out. You can't make up in prime time what you lost in the previous 16-20 hours.

We'll see.

If you call getting kicked out of their other game a "break" o:)
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go DC. Thank me later.

Ps. We don't want you in DC if you're afraid to fight outnumbered.

Where were you last night? It was a DC 1vx, 1 DC faction vs 15 AD trying to take nickle. D.C. Was running like every keep was there last emp keep. lol go DC keep small group of 50 alive and well. D.C. Does not have number issues on TF.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

We'll see.

You can only be competitive if you night cap. This has basically been a fact since the game came out. You can't make up in prime time what you lost in the previous 16-20 hours.

We'll see.

Sadly this is true. EP doesn't have a single guild on during off hours, often 1-2 bar EP vs poplocked DC and AD. both with organized groups, it sucks.

thus the root problem of why EP spends all their time at the bridge, why bother.
    Edited by Lucky28 on November 22, 2016 4:11PM
    Invictus
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We'll see.

We'll see.

Sadly this is true. EP doesn't have a single guild on during off hours, often 1-2 bar EP vs poplocked DC and AD. both with organized groups, it sucks.

thus the root problem of why EP spends all their time at the bridge, why bother.

At least half of AD feels the same way which is why we go to the bridge. Just look at the last week and a half honestly. AD took the lead for what, two days before DC decided to nightcap the entire map and jump ahead 800 points in a day and a half. But, DC is outnumbered guys :smirk:
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We'll see.

We'll see.

BFTP held down the fort during the daytime for EP for awhile. But they aren't running hardly at all anymore. We used to have RAM for the morning hours however they rolled over to AD, helped AD win a couple campaigns then fizzled out. EP needs some new guilds to start up outside of primetime.
    Pact Militia GM