The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New player, stuck on Alliance choice.

PieMaster1
PieMaster1
✭✭✭✭
Hello. As you have most likely guessed from my title, I am a new player.

I was just wanting to know the current state of the three Alliances and what kind of players they have. I was in AD for a while, getting an archer NB up to level 12 or so. I was a bit disappointed when you had to be a certain race for one and it's locked for PvP. I started an Imperial race build, which obviously lets you choose any faction. That brought me to this question.

How is Aldmeri Dominion doing? Seems like most of them would be mages and sneaky cat thieve-things, right? Do they fare well against the other two? I couldn't find any Q3 and up 2016 posts, most were late 2015 and before which makes most of their information irrelevant now. Are they still battling for 1st place with EP constantly? Who takes over more and how good are they able to hold?

Ebonheart Pact..I have heard nothing but bad about them. Maybe it's butthurt losers getting ganked, or just wise players, but people really seems to hate EP because of their large base of players. As a result, a large mob always tends to destroy individuals and smaller groups which results in win. Is this still relevant?

It's mostly between these two factions as no one ever talks about DC (I always play Bretons but don't feel like paying $20 to switch factions). What's their story and how are they holding up now?

It's down to EP and AD. Which should I join and why? And can you please give me accurate descriptions of their style and how they win/how often? Thanks for your time.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which faction is doing well is in constant flux, depending on platform, campaign and the weather. It doesn't really matter which one you choose from that perspective. If a particular faction or character speaks to you, pick that one and play it.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AD are the best, because elves and cats :blush:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • PieMaster1
    PieMaster1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yes. Forgot to mention I am on XB1 NA.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just create a character in each alliance and try them out.

I have 4 mains i play on a regular basis ..
    shades.gif

PS: Also, Naked Nords rule!
    cheer.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on November 18, 2016 3:04AM
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling to 50 is pretty easy now, you'll have multiple chars for sure. I have chars on all 3 alliances that I play depending on where the fighting is going on.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Just create a character in each alliance and try them out.

I have 4 mains i play on a regular basis ..
    shades.gif

PS: Also, Naked Nords rule!
    cheer.gif

Howdy @SirAndy...just wondering - about how long does it take you to adjust your playstyle when switching characters?

everytime I switch the first half hour to hour is really tough on the next character I play...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    Howdy @SirAndy...just wondering - about how long does it take you to adjust your playstyle when switching characters?
    everytime I switch the first half hour to hour is really tough on the next character I play...
    @geonsocal
    That sounds about right, mine are all different classes so it certainly takes a while to get used to the play again.
    smile.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on November 18, 2016 4:00AM
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more a Pact person because the story line appealed to me the most even though I don't think imposed story lines have any place in online games. They are of the essence, however, in MMO online games.

This game is one of those :p

For awhile I tended to quibble over which alliance had the best stand alone game story until Wrothgar came along. It utterly blew away, in writing, voice acting, art direction and sheer imagination, every original ESO zone.

If RP is an interest for you, many of the best roleplayers, in my view, come from the Pact.

If playing a game in the original sense of a game - a competition against and among people - is your preference then I don't know how to advise you. AD is my preference there but it's quite fluid and depends on the campaign.

As I new player I heartily suggest Blackwater Blade. My fondest experience in ESO is leveling a character entirely in Blackwater Blade - the sub vet Cyrodiil campaign.

It's a huge friggin game. There are no wrong choices.

• PieMaster1
    PieMaster1
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it's true that EP has a ton of people and just stick to swarming? Do they always keep control or do the AD take it back?
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ep has not won a campaign on PC in so long maybe Thornblade. I am sure someone on EP will know.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rofl, you do know you can with right crown store purchase, play any race on any alliance.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the nature of PvP - people will attribute eternal attributes to one alliance or another irrationality.

In the first online game with graphics, Air Warrior, they had three countries, unimaginatively named A, B, and C. AW later evolved into something quite deep but that's where it started.

A-Landers were regarded as the wild west aces. Disorganized but deadly. B-Landers were the organized guys. Folks from C-Land were the whimsical ones who folks claimed had sex with sheep.

If you can attribute mass human behavior to letters of the alphabet....do you get my point here?
  • Airyus
    Airyus
    ✭✭✭
    Play with your friends or pick a color and make new ones. It doesn't matter where you go people will be people on all alliances. Someone said earlier the state of the faction depends on platform, campaign, season, etc. that is spot on, it's completely variant. I'm an AD only one toon player but I can tell you for sure that it really doesn't matter where you play.
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you choose DC you have access to one premium package with:

-Pre-made twitch account with 100 followers included.
    -Fully leveled stam sorc.
    -One partner so you two can duo, get bored, run to Alessia bridge to zerg and after that complain to him saying there is no more "small scale".
    -Free pass to zerg all day but still call yourself "solo 1vxer".
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you choose AD you have access to one premium package with:
    -Private battleground where you can die and seconds after be in the middle of the fight again.
    -Free ride to bleakers because why not, even if we dont have our home keeps.
    -19 companions everytime you go take a resource.
    -MANY resses, no matter where you die.
    -All reds circles will disappear, but you will still die.
    *** kitty AD Stamblade

• alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Private battleground where you can die and seconds after be in the middle of the fight again.

Oh and your back bar becomes locked with a bow even if you are sorc or tanker, so you can shoot aimlessly in the air for funsies.
    *** kitty AD Stamblade

• Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pick one, doesn't really matter which and stay loyal to it. Too many flippers as it is. One minute fighting with you and the next against you.
  • TheCaptainJosh
    TheCaptainJosh
    ✭✭✭
    AD means Kate Beckinsale. Just sayin'
    AugustusGray
    PC NA
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    gold = AD
    silver = DC
    bronze = EP
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you choose AD, be prepared to hear these couple sentences for the rest of your life with the voice of their voice actor in your head.

"This one have many accounts to settle before the moon arise and fall.. What do you need?" (female khajiit)
    "Anyone can be crowned Emperor. It's one of the risks we take." (male altmer)
    "Grand Warlord Sorcalin thanks you soldier. Keep up the good work!" (male bosmer)
    "Learn from your experiences." (male khajiit)
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭

Hello. As you have most likely guessed from my title, I am a new player.

I was just wanting to know the current state of the three Alliances and what kind of players they have. I was in AD for a while, getting an archer NB up to level 12 or so. I was a bit disappointed when you had to be a certain race for one and it's locked for PvP. I started an Imperial race build, which obviously lets you choose any faction. That brought me to this question.

How is Aldmeri Dominion doing? Seems like most of them would be mages and sneaky cat thieve-things, right? Do they fare well against the other two? I couldn't find any Q3 and up 2016 posts, most were late 2015 and before which makes most of their information irrelevant now. Are they still battling for 1st place with EP constantly? Who takes over more and how good are they able to hold?

Ebonheart Pact..I have heard nothing but bad about them. Maybe it's butthurt losers getting ganked, or just wise players, but people really seems to hate EP because of their large base of players. As a result, a large mob always tends to destroy individuals and smaller groups which results in win. Is this still relevant?

It's mostly between these two factions as no one ever talks about DC (I always play Bretons but don't feel like paying $20 to switch factions). What's their story and how are they holding up now?

It's down to EP and AD. Which should I join and why? And can you please give me accurate descriptions of their style and how they win/how often? Thanks for your time.

You should try all 3 for yourself, alot of the opinions you see in posts like this are biased as they support their own faction.

Heres a basic summary about DC, since no one else is talking about them and they are my main faction.

DC: Alot of good solo players and decent guilds. has the lowest population. helpful players too but go at each others necks alot over drama. In PvE I found the areas to be very interesting because of its knight/medieval style, not sure if thats your thing but its there to at least check out.

In PvP our numbers are pretty low, as a result were mostly getting ran over by zergs. Not to say DC never zergs but most of us are solo players or small group.

Oh, yes. Forgot to mention I am on XB1 NA.

Im also on Xb1 NA so if you'd like to check out DC id be glad to help you out. Ive got a friend from school leveling a low level too. My gamertag is AK x Zombie
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you choose DC you have access to one premium package with:

-Pre-made twitch account with 100 followers included.
    -Fully leveled stam sorc.
    -One partner so you two can duo, get bored, run to Alessia bridge to zerg and after that complain to him saying there is no more "small scale".
    -Free pass to zerg all day but still call yourself "solo 1vxer".

Oh and your back bar becomes locked with a bow even if you are sorc or tanker, so you can shoot aimlessly in the air for funsies.

Roflmao! :lol::lol:
  • Highstake
    Highstake
    ✭✭✭
    I recommend u to choose either AD or DC, they are better organized for pvp. Forget the EP, it has little weight even in random grps, only a lil piece of them are worth of.
    Edited by Highstake on November 19, 2016 2:22AM
  • PieMaster1
    PieMaster1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Highstake wrote: »
    I recommend u to choose either AD or DC, they are better organized for pvp. Forget the EP, it has little weight even in random grps, only a lil piece of them are worth of.

As scumbag as this may sound, I'd rather join EP for the zerging fest at least for right now. I always tend to go with the crowd that over-rushes the others, even if there's no skill there is just sheer numbers. If that's the case then I'll just join Ebonheart. Maybe when I become more experienced I'll join the more wise factions.

So let me get this straight..As a majority, AD are mages/archers/dw thieves? And DC is more warrior-ish than the others? DC has a mage-killer so to speak, a heavy hitter race and a regular warrior race. Where does EP stand? It seems that Nords are heavy warriors, Dunmer are some sort of magic race with destruction and I don't even know that the hell Argonians are supposed to be. Probably the race I know least about.

I am an Imperial, so technically I could be anything. I am a DK as of now (Stamina), heavy armor and heavy everything. Is EP a good faction to be in? As in does it fit?
  • Esgameplaya1
    Esgameplaya1
    ✭✭✭✭

As scumbag as this may sound, I'd rather join EP for the zerging fest at least for right now. I always tend to go with the crowd that over-rushes the others, even if there's no skill there is just sheer numbers. If that's the case then I'll just join Ebonheart. Maybe when I become more experienced I'll join the more wise factions.

So let me get this straight..As a majority, AD are mages/archers/dw thieves? And DC is more warrior-ish than the others? DC has a mage-killer so to speak, a heavy hitter race and a regular warrior race. Where does EP stand? It seems that Nords are heavy warriors, Dunmer are some sort of magic race with destruction and I don't even know that the hell Argonians are supposed to be. Probably the race I know least about.

I am an Imperial, so technically I could be anything. I am a DK as of now (Stamina), heavy armor and heavy everything. Is EP a good faction to be in? As in does it fit?

LOLZ; its ok bro N the N and D698XGr.jpg would be happy to have more s_____g zerglings!!

Edited by Esgameplaya1 on November 19, 2016 6:10AM
  • PieMaster1
    PieMaster1
    ✭✭✭✭

LOLZ; its ok bro N the N and D698XGr.jpg would be happy to have more s_____g zerglings!!

I have no idea what you just said. If you can't beat 'em, join them. Words of wisdom from Saruman the White. Oh, wait..Wrong lore.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one faction has Telel. But all factions have elfish sorts who need to get off the bridge.

Also, the side that has Telel also has Kate Beckinsale, AND Razum-dar. It may also have moon sugar brownies.

So if you want to not be an elf then come fight for Kate Beckinsale like this one.

If you want to just sit on ten meters of obnoxious terrain and pretend that PVP hasn't improved since blood gulch in Halo then...join any faction you like the primary color of.

Just remember that the 'best' Griffs are the ones who're fine with losing so long as they get to puff up their big hairless elf chests over how many inferior players they've farmed.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So let me get this straight..As a majority, AD are mages/archers/dw thieves? And DC is more warrior-ish than the others? DC has a mage-killer so to speak, a heavy hitter race and a regular warrior race.

The different alliances are not whatsoever characterized in this fashion.

Edited by heystreethawk on November 19, 2016 7:39AM
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:love:
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the factions are wonderful and completely indistinguishable from each other in terms of what builds their populations like to run. It's important to note that race choice, while needed for True And Pure Minmax, is not an essential fulcrum for class or build choice. Not to mention many people have the account upgrade that lets them choose any race for any alliance. So you'll find a very diverse group of players on any alliance and in any guild!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster