The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Yes, another vMA thread

AlexTech0x
AlexTech0x
✭✭✭
There is something i really don't understand and here it goes:
vMA is the hardest thing in the game to do ( you rely on your own, once you get "used" to it you realize it is %20 skill %80 rng, if the game wants you die, weapons cannot be either traded or sold ).
Why the RNG? Oh yes! We gotta work for our loot! Wait, getting it done isn't already a lot of work? For those pro players who remember where everything spawn also have in mind that your first run(s) were catastrophic.
Even if there is a lot of RNG involved, i like the place and how it is designed and it is actually the hardest thing i have ever done in any game, but... rewards? NOBODY goes there for a Powered Dagger or a Defending Axe.
I specially asked for an invitation code for this, THIS instance makes people quit, it actually makes me not enjoy PvE anymore because it takes all the joy quote i login with -_-. IT IS NOT fun to run the same over and over without the desired drop, get it out of your head staff, running the exact same SOLO content for things that shouldn't even be there is just idiotic.
Now i don't mind getting prosperous/training monster shoulders from chest (even it it sucks) because the dungeon difficulty compared with vMA has NOTHING to do, but come on...
Im not QQing, Crying or whatever similar you want to name this. But this is a MMO not a single player game.

PS: I'd rather have no comments instead of "oh leave if u want to", "oh then change the game!", if i wanted to i'd have it done.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey then just don't run it. Seriously if you cannot beat the place or if it's not fun then do not run it. Other gear exists.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found that grothdar makes it a whole lot easier. I've finally beat it now that I started using it.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20% skill? Really?

Is that why some of us do consistent flawless runs, without using seals/power ups and some have problem even clearing it at all?

Wow I must have some really insane luck! I wish that applied to the actual drops though.

And if you don't want comments, why on Nirn did you create a topic on a discussion forum?
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • AlexTech0x
    AlexTech0x
    ✭✭✭
    http://imgur.com/a/erkZr

Thats what im talking about. Same chest
    Edited by AlexTech0x on November 17, 2016 9:40PM
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    20% skill? Really?

Is that why some of us do consistent flawless runs, without using seals/power ups and some have problem even clearing it at all?

Wow I must have some really insane luck! I wish that applied to the actual drops though.

And if you don't want comments, why on Nirn did you create a topic on a discussion forum?

LOL what he said ^^^
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More like 90% skill and 10% RNG. Also, QQ.

XBox NA
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP didn't mention flawless, just completing VMA which does not require much skill. VMA is causing people to leave the game, full stop. Why ZOS hasn't done anything about that is inexplicable.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    OP didn't mention flawless, just completing VMA which does not require much skill. VMA is causing people to leave the game, full stop. Why ZOS hasn't done anything about that is inexplicable.

If people are leaving the game over optional content, then they were leaving already anyway.

XBox NA
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭

I've posted very detailed information and step by step videos of wave wave of maelstrom.

So far 20 people who thought they had no chance in hell have now completed thanks to this information.

People have got to bloody start listening and understanding that Maelstrom isn't hard. Not even a little bit.
    Mechanics can be a head !$@% but that's about it.

The OP is QQing end of story either 1, doesn't want to invest time to learn about maelstrom which we ALL had to do.
    2, wants the exact weapon he wants from clearing within the first 10 clears.

People like this need to stop wasting everyones energy and stop going into maelstrom, that's fine it annoys you no worries, you're not getting your weapons and want to throw the controller hell we all have done that I reckon at some point.
    But QQing saying "life" isn't fair is bs. Get over it.

Git Gud and L2P seriously.
    Edited by Lukums1 on November 17, 2016 9:50PM
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yah all people are doing right now is camping portals dropping dots and moving on its not skill its memorization at this point. Doing this hundreds of times in a row and getting nothing usable is the problem, nobody cares about the people claiming they only do flawless runs, it just proves how mindless it is
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your post made me laugh my head off OP

Thanks

Now l2p :p
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    *no comment*
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey then just don't run it. Seriously if you cannot beat the place or if it's not fun then do not run it. Other gear exists.

Litterally at no point do they ask for it to be nerfed. None that I can see, at any rate. More complaining about the RNG, which is stupid.

Personally I think it's time to burry Maelstrom in a ditch, but that's just me. Token system would be nice.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on November 18, 2016 12:03AM
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »

I've posted very detailed information and step by step videos of wave wave of maelstrom.

So far 20 people who thought they had no chance in hell have now completed thanks to this information.

People have got to bloody start listening and understanding that Maelstrom isn't hard. Not even a little bit.

The OP is QQing end of story either 1, doesn't want to invest time to learn about maelstrom which we ALL had to do.

People like this need to stop wasting everyones energy and stop going into maelstrom, that's fine it annoys you no worries, you're not getting your weapons and want to throw the controller hell we all have done that I reckon at some point.

I completely agree but my current issue is RNG f***ing my attempts at flawless, I.E sprint glitch and not being able to bash the flame guys on round 8 or flowers exploding during the shock wave of the final boss in round 7 because the summoner spawned.
    Edited by Bandit1215 on November 18, 2016 12:02AM
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The arena itself is reasonable. There is some RNG involved, but with enough skill, you can avoid the RNG many times. Every once in a while, RNG will get even the best players. I'd personally prefer just a tad more reaction time for the flowers in round 7 and perhaps round 5 toned down ever so slightly. It's fine as is, but those are the 2 tweaks I'd toss in if it were me in charge.

The loot RNG on the other hand has me on a leash. I can complete the content. I want the best gear so I can progress but I can't really just make it happen. It either will or won't drop and I can just keep at it til it happens or I find something else to do, either in this game or another one. It is what it is and RNG by nature will just mess some people up consistently, no matter how good you are or how many times you run it.
    Edited by redspecter23 on November 18, 2016 12:09AM
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would say it is less about 'skill' as I do not believe that to be a term that can be associated with a video game, I would say it is much more to do with practise. Practise makes perfect :blush: It took me months and months to compete it the first time, and I felt like you and wanted to just give up, but then I decided to try it out on another character (magicka sorcerer) and it was SO much easier, and after completing it on her, and doing it a couple of times, it was then much easier to do it on the others.

Don't give up hope! You can learn to do it quickly! Wait until you are less stressed out with it, and then go back and try again. There is no immediate rush, and if you get out of the mindframe of doing it for the loot, and do it instead for fun, it makes it much better and maybe good loot will follow :smile: Some rounds are not fun, no matter what, but others can be quite enjoyable! I always look forward to round 6 :lol:

As somebody who struggled to hell with it and each time took a couple of days, for a very long time, I can promise you that it will get better, but you have to go through the torturous endeavour of learning it really well, which is not fun, and is very time consuming. I think RNG death is something that happens allot whilst you are learning it, but once you have it down, that will not be so much of a problem.

I wish you lots of luck, don't give up! You can do it! :smile:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's not fun, don't run the content.

You don't need the weapons to clear end-game content or be competitive at it. What is driving you to do stuff you do not like is your ego, because you aren't satisfied posting 35K DPS against random trial boss, but you want 38K. That's a you issue, not an ESO or Maelstrom issue.

Also, the main issue here is not Maelstrom or even RNG, it is ZoS's terrible trait system whereupon there is only 1 weapon worth having and 1 armor (albeit the 1 armor is differs from PVE to PvP).
    Edited by Joy_Division on November 18, 2016 12:53AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's not fun, don't run the content.

You don't need the weapons to clear end-game content or be competitive at it. What is driving you to do stuff you do not like is your ego, because you aren't satisfied posting 35K DPS against random trial boss, but you want 38K. That's a you issue, not an ESO or Maelstrom issue.

Also, the main issue here is not Maelstrom or even RNG, it is ZoS's terrible trait system whereupon there is only 1 weapon worth having and 1 armor (albeit the 1 armor is differs from PVE to PvP).

That's my problem with the system. I actually sat down and figured out all the weapons I'd want as well as drop rates for each and it got depressing figuring out how many runs it would take to have a decent chance at finding them (out of 96 potential items, I only have a use for 5 of them). I'm currently at 32 weapons from this event week and only 2 so far are actually sharpened. Long way to go still.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

link to this info pls. @Lukums1
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    I would say it is less about 'skill' as I do not believe that to be a term that can be associated with a video game, I would say it is much more to do with practise.

I would say anything that requires you to practice is building "skill" in that particular activity. A professional athlete becomes skillful in their sport because they practiced a lot. I wouldn't exclude video games from that same premise.

I think people who completed vMSA have become skilled at running that content.

If vMSA isn't hard, then what would you call overland content? Even if vMSA is about memorizing a whole bunch of stuff, well memorizing a whole bunch of stuff is actually somewhat hard. It just gets easier the more you do it, to the point where you wonder how you had any troubles in the first place.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    I would say it is less about 'skill' as I do not believe that to be a term that can be associated with a video game, I would say it is much more to do with practise.

I would say anything that requires you to practice is building "skill" in that particular activity. A professional athlete becomes skillful in their sport because they practiced a lot. I wouldn't exclude video games from that same premise.

I think people who completed vMSA have become skilled at running that content.

If vMSA isn't hard, then what would you call overland content? Even if vMSA is about memorizing a whole bunch of stuff, well memorizing a whole bunch of stuff is actually somewhat hard. It just gets easier the more you do it, to the point where you wonder how you had any troubles in the first place.

I disagree. I have completed vma several times, and do not believe it is because I am skilled, but because I have practised so much that I learned the mechanics, which I believe anyone is capable of doing. Perhaps to some, they feel it is so, but for me, personally, I see no skill in playing games, as skill is something personal to a person that makes them stand out, like an artist who can create beautiful work, or a surgeon who is able to save somebodies life, not something that anyone can do if they learn to press buttons fast enough at certain times. This is my personal opinion of course, everybody is entitled to their own, but I will never be able to link skill to games myself :smile:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on November 18, 2016 1:51AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that "other gear" best-in-slot?
    No.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why they don't just have usable traits drop, lit it doesn't have to be all sharpened all the time but don't give me a weapon with training trait. It's utterly useless, just take something like that out of the equation when it's something we had to work so hard for.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭

link to this info pls. @Lukums1

Hey mate,

My flawless/Maelstrom Guide step by step the entire play through.

As mentioned it's helped over 25 people who had thought it was impossible for them.
    If they can do it you can do it to everyone.

https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/100607478
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    20% skill? Really?

Nope, thatshaving the right gear a memorizing a game :P
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vet Masochist Arena isn't for everyone.
    Only those that can tolerate advance levels of pain and disappointment need apply.
    Argonian forever
  • AlexTech0x
    AlexTech0x
    ✭✭✭

Who said i cant complete it? all my runs are under 1 hour, lmao. Did you even read? i am complaining, not qqing, because its not rewarding at all being the hardest solo content in the game.
  • AlexTech0x
    AlexTech0x
    ✭✭✭
    Bandit1215 wrote: »

I completely agree but my current issue is RNG f***ing my attempts at flawless, I.E sprint glitch and not being able to bash the flame guys on round 8 or flowers exploding during the shock wave of the final boss in round 7 because the summoner spawned.

That happens to me a lot with 250 ping, a lot of times im out of red/rolled out of skills and i still get hit
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doing veteran maelstrom requires some skills
    having maelstrom weapons mostly requires a term called "solo trial and RNG tolerance"
    PC EU

• AlexTech0x
    AlexTech0x
    ✭✭✭
    Either i wasn't clear, or some people are blind.
    It took me weeks to complete my first run, along with a lot of stress and everything that people who have it done already always experience. Did A LOT of theorycrafting before and now each run takes less than 1 hour.
    Now i just complain about the chance that we might never get what we want, being the hardest solo content, along with the fact that no1 else can use the weapons and bla bla i already explained that.
    What i don't like, is that there is no other way to get what we look for rather than rely on stupid rng, like for example with dungeons which are 100 times easier. I agree doing them 50 times to get 1 helm, gotta do them for pledges and other stuff anyways, but vMA? Nah, its different.
    Maelstrom is trully end game content ( single player ) so *** reward us for doing it and for going through everything we have to in order to get it done so we can eventually do what the rest the game offers, which is totally not single player mode.
    I never complained if its easy, if it takes time, if its very hard, so please don't make a chain of "oh leave the game" *** because that is just idiotic.
    If some1 wants to go asian mode and meaby run the place 2000 times to get what is wanted well then... obviously not my style along with many other people who feel the same ( majority ).
    Edited by AlexTech0x on November 18, 2016 4:28AM