The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Play ESO in 4k on the PlayStation®4 Pro"

• PaxSMB
    PaxSMB
    Soul Shriven
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    ESO on PS4 Pro crashes all the time, in cyrodiil it's even worse - you can't login after crash until char teleported to home, combat text appears in left corner, etc.
    Maybe you'll release patch with 'stable' option which just works?
    Morphestra wrote: »
    I'm using the 1080p enhanced and I'm starting to notice the difference in lighting and shadows as well which does make it look better. Hopefully ZOS can continue to do more with the Pro and will quickly fix a couple of these

Ok so perhaps poster above was right and that with ps4 pro and a 1080p monitor, it auto sets to the new mode. I did notice a screen jump as it loaded up and the shadows do look better...
    Still would like to know for sure...
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    4K does make the game look better (mainly sharper) but does not automatically increase details, texture res and so on. I does look pretty OK though.

What I'd really like to see ZOS add though is better Lighting and full HDR support. Skyrim on PC (with enhanced Texture pack) had some amazing light and shadown effects, especially in dungeons, and I'd really love to see that come to life in ESO...

There is a huge difference from normal ps4 to pro, I was shocked and amazed.

I spend 2 whole days... running around each map on the world just looking at the environment mainly lava/water.
    *** you not, however I do agree wit the shadow and light effects where there is a substantial difference imo it would of been even better with those additions.

However I feel the PS4 Pro has taken a giant leep towards PC Gaming which is nice to see.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Lord Valar
    Lord Valar
    ✭✭✭
    PaxSMB wrote: »
    Folks I have read through this whole thread but I am still lost:
    1. I have a digital copy
    2. transferred my whole system over from vanilla ps4 to pro using LAN cable.
    3. Have not re-downloaded the game.
    4. I am on a 1080p tv and want to use 1080p enhanced.
    BUT the option is not there in settings...
    What do I do to access the new mode?

I'm not on PS4 but i'll try to help ;)
    Did you have to download an update for the game on the PSPro ?
    And I think, because you have a 1080p TV, you won't see the 4K resolution setting. It's the same on PC, if your screen is in fHD, you don't see higher resolution settings, but you have the ultra texture pack anyway.
    This is just about screen, you should have a better image even without a 4K screen.

.... Tell me if you didn't understand xD
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PaxSMB wrote: »
    Folks I have read through this whole thread but I am still lost:
    1. I have a digital copy
    2. transferred my whole system over from vanilla ps4 to pro using LAN cable.
    3. Have not re-downloaded the game.
    4. I am on a 1080p tv and want to use 1080p enhanced.

BUT the option is not there in settings...

What do I do to access the new mode?

I believe you need a 4K tv to have options. Otherwise it's just enhanced.
    Edited by JimT722 on December 4, 2016 11:10PM