The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown store motif used on wrong character

WooZie
WooZie
✭✭
Alright, so I did something real stupid. After buying Grim Harlequin, I used it on a wrong character with practically no researched traits. It was late, after work, all my characters looked like skeletons... Long story short, I got confused.

Normally I'd just bump myself on the head and deal with it, but the thing is, it's a crown style. It cost me real money. It isn't available anymore. So I want to know if it is at all possible to have this motif transferred to my main character. Either it be removed from the character I learned it on and returned as an item, or just straight up transferred directly.

I already contacted support in-game after the fact, but got no definitive answer. Just "please reply with additional information", and I did, but it's been a week and I've received nothing back, not even a "no can do".

So yeah. Is this a thing? Can it be done? Am I screwed?

In case it is necessary, this is the code from my first support ticket - Incident: 161031-001355
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately if the motif has already been spent it cannot be restored. The answer you will receive should be something along these lines.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • WooZie
    WooZie
    ✭✭
    Yeah, that's not what I wanted to hear. If it was still available, I'd just buy a new one, but this right now is unfortunate. Why exactly are things like these one-time use? Surely crown store motifs should function like collections? To avoid things exactly like this. I mean, I know it's my fault, but still.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well a year later I just did this myself is there really no way to fix this?
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just did this myself fml