The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dominion body markings disappearing

• Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Attached screenshots of my character. The only difference between the last four is the costume worn (Sand-Kissed Salwar Ensemble / Elven Hero Armor)

I'd also like to note that my Dominion Topaz Circlet has disappeared before as well on this character, and I had to de-activate it and then re-activate it. Also, I'd like to note that everything actually shows on other people's screens; it's only invisible on our own. I noticed this on my boyfriend's monitor.

I don't have this issue with any of my other characters. But I think it's because I put more appearance changes on Calysis (the bosmer that I have attached images of). I have five appearance changes on her, not including the "Hide Helmet" option:

Hair Style: Heroic Poet
    Facial Hair: Delicate Daedra Horns
    Facial Accessory: Dominion Topaz Circlet
    Costume: Elven Hero Armor / Sand-Kissed Salwar Ensemble
    Body Marking: Dominion Warrior Body Tattoos

Link to album of screenshots.
    Edited by Kihamai on November 16, 2016 4:16AM
    SC1.png 671.2K
    SC2.png 711.9K
    SC3.png 447.9K
    SC4.png 649.6K
    SC5.png 776.7K
    SC6.png 699.9K
    SC7.png 751.2K
    pc na | trash tier
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, let's try something else. Can you guys post a screenshot of your character not wearing any armor, costumes, or collectibles? Just your character in their skivvies.

I would have responded to this sooner but my forum code was over a year old and expired! Had to wait for customer service to give me a new one. :) This might help you a little bit pin what may be up.

I play on the PS4. North American server.

I have the Daggerfall torso tattoo on my Aldmeri character. I am not even sure if that is what you intended but I like the Daggerfall tattoo a lot more so why not? But when I close the application and return back on my Aldmeri character, the tattoo disappears. When I try to place it back on, it won't place the first click but rather on the second click. Then I will get the tattoo back on him. This is JUST on the body tattoo. The face tattoo stays but that is the Aldmeri tattoo. I am wondering if this is happening because of the alliances.

But I mean, what Khajiit wouldn't want lion tattoos, or rather, what crazy cat lady wouldn't want this?. ;)
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • TruthSeeker
      TruthSeeker
      ✭✭✭
      I get this too. Sometimes the jewelry and facial tattoos will disappear as well. Again this is every time I fast travel, log off/quit the game. I have put on dozens of different costumes and it doesn't matter which ones I use, this happens every time. Its funny though, that even while ingame the body tats are disappearing, it shows it available/on when in character select screen. Again mostly just the body tattoos, sometimes the other facial tattoos and jewelry disappear but those seem random to me. THe body tattoos are STILL disappearing every face travel, load screen, logging off.

Hi again,

I found a way to finally keep the Winged Body and Head Markings on my Orc Templar, but it is far from satisfactory: I had to uncheck the "No Jewellery" and "No Facial Accessories" options. It seems that the game is currently programmed to only permit a maximum of 5 Appearance options (including the "No" options which I had selected to be certain to bring my visual maximum down to 5).

This obviously needs to be addressed and fixed, otherwise Crown Store sales will deservedly plummet.
    • TruthSeeker
      TruthSeeker
      ✭✭✭
      This is bordering on the absurd. I decided to purchase the new turban with mask (not a huge fan of Orc teeth lol), based on the triumph of hope over experience that this bug will be fixed any day, and that in the meantime I could simply deselect my character's Heroic Poet hairdo to remain within the 5 Appearance options . . . but, no :(
      The first time my Orc travelled she lost her Winged Body Markings :((. I have had to deselect her Head Markings to prevent this happening. And, no, the new turban doesn't cover the Head Markings so I would have liked to play with both.
      It would seem that only 4 Appearance options can be selected.
      Very, very, very disappointed.
    • Wolfman_Jack
      Same problem here with Covenant tattoos, which only started today after I equipped the red turban costume helmet. Now whenever I change zones it stops displaying my tattoos even though they are still selected.

Update: I just tried it after removing the turban and it is still occurring. And now it is deselecting my tattoos as well. This is only affecting my body tattoos - The face tattoos remain.
      Edited by Wolfman_Jack on November 19, 2016 11:53PM
    • TruthSeeker
      TruthSeeker
      ✭✭✭
      A couple of days ago the character that I am currently playing (Temp Orc EU PS4) suddenly started losing her body markings even though I'd reduced her appearance options to 4 and had not changed anything since doing that. She was questing in Coldharbor.

I have now had to deselect her Personality option to retain her body markings :(

She can now only make use of her Abah's Watch Turban, Winged Body Markings, and a costume (am using Sand Kissed Salwar Ensemble).

Having to deselect "Hide Helmet" cannot be the problem because she'd been displaying correctly previously while visibly wearing it.

Really hope this is fixed soon. Can't the array size simply be increased?
    • CloneTrooper699
      CloneTrooper699
      ✭✭✭
      I'm super late to the party but this problem still exists, My character constantly looses his Facial hair an tattoos, this really sucks :(

I'd ask for my crowns refunded but I really like my tattoo and beard :p
      I'm a goat
    • Tyrion87
      Tyrion87
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I wonder if this problem is the same as mine described here:
      https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/316009/disappearance-of-jewelry-hair-styles-and-other-adornments

I noticed this bug like 2-3 weeks ago. Now every time I use wayshrines or enter a location through the loading screen I have some of my adornments missing... generally it's jewelry, personality, hair style or circlet. It's horribly irritating...
    • Melethgil
      Melethgil
      Soul Shriven
      Hello,

I am having the same issues on PC! I recently bought cosmetic pack: body markings.
      When I put it on my two Bretons the body markings just keep disappearing after a teleport/travel/relog. If I want to put them back on I will need to click it multiple times to see it again. My friends are still be able to see the customization while I cannot.

On my Khajit it does not disappear however, and have not tried it on my High Elf yet since I haven't played her much yet.

Is there still a fix on the way? Cause as much as I like it that my friends can see it, I'd like to enjoy it too :P
    • Kronuxx
      Kronuxx
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm having the same exact issues. I have the Daggerfall body tattoo, the daggerfall face tatoo, the furious personality, a costume (happens with any costume), different hair and different facial hair (as in different from my character created hair and facial hair), and the body marking will not stay. It will only activate after the second double-click (it will not register the first one). In addition, I've noticed that on the character selection screen, it will show all my appearance changes, but once logged into the game, the body tatoo marking will not be applied. In addition, if I do reapply the body marking tattoo while logged in, it will stay applied if I don't zone into a new instance. As soon as I zone into a different instance, my body tatoo disappears again, and I have to reapply it.

ZOS, what is the point of allowing us to purchase appearance items from the crown store if we cannot keep them applied on our character. This needs to be fixed ASAP! @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
      Edited by Kronuxx on April 10, 2017 3:39AM
    • SakuraTokito
      SakuraTokito
      ✭✭✭
      I have this same problem on PS4 NA with The Aurbic Eye. I posted about this bug here already with more details.

One key thing I noticed: I always have to hit Equip twice to actually equip the item. Something in the backend probably thinks the thing is not on, when the frontend thinks it is.
    • ArterionAU
      ArterionAU
      ✭✭✭
      Same thing with me PC NA. Body markings and face markings are disappearing whenever I use a way shrine or go through a loading screen. Have to click them twice to reactivate them every time.
      Adalmor Devourer of All - Nord Dragonknight EP Tank
      Gah-Kaj-Mota - Argonian Warden EP Tank
      Soran Tailas - Breton Templar DC Healer
      Arterion Auduseus - High Elf Sorcerer AD Magsorc
      Ancarion Aeduseus - High Elf Templar AD Magplar
      Aonus Audeseus - High Elf Warden AD Magden
      Azarath T'rizain - Dark Elf Dragonknight EP MagDK
      Azaron the Dread Wolf - Dark Elf Night Blade EP MagBlade
      Azzan Ansei - Redguard Night Blade AD StamBlade
      Arius Artorious - Imperial Templar AD Stamplar
      Kayne Ansei - Redguard Warden DC Stamden
      Do'ashi Kharhan - Khajiit Sorcerer AD Werewolf Stamsorc
      Azah Ansei - Redguard Dragonknight EP StamDK
      Founder of the Victorious Brotherhood
      Bringer of Light I The Flawless Conqueror I Boethiah's Scythe | Dro m'athra Destroyer | Craglorn Trials Conqueror I Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor I Voice of Reason I Blackrose Executioner
    • BigBragg
      BigBragg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Can confirm, this bug is back in action.
    • BigBragg
      BigBragg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      My temporary work around for this is to add whatever item is disappearing to one of your quick slots. This way you can put it back on with ease every time to change locations.
    • SpearofBitterMercy
      SpearofBitterMercy
      ✭✭✭
      this has been a bug for me for months, I've brought this up on multiple times, this happened to me after I race changed.
    • VikingMags
      VikingMags
      Soul Shriven
      Just bought the Pact Tattoo set and it will not stay on every time I jump to another zone/area. My jewelry disappears as well.

This appears to be a problem that has been going on for awhile now. So why still sell these items if they are bugged? I would have used my crowns on something else if I knew this was going on. Just think it's a bad business practice to sell items you know are bugged and you haven't fixed for several months now. At least put a warning to inform consumers.

Is there going to be a fix for this? If not I would like my crowns back please. Thank you....Magnus

PS4 Pro
      Edited by VikingMags on April 20, 2017 8:00PM
      Odinarg Bladescar Orc Dragonknight
    • Rittings
      Rittings
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      VikingMags wrote: »
      Just bought the Pact Tattoo set and it will not stay on every time I jump to another zone/area. My jewelry disappears as well.

This appears to be a problem that has been going on for awhile now. So why still sell these items if they are bugged? I would have used my crowns on something else if I knew this was going on. Just think it's a bad business practice to sell items you know are bugged and you haven't fixed for several months now. At least put a warning to inform consumers.

Is there going to be a fix for this? If not I would like my crowns back please. Thank you....Magnus

PS4 Pro

There is no fix coming for this - clearly. It's been going since last year. I gave them 30 days before re-requesting a refund since we purchased this from the crown store and it doesn't work as intended.

If they refuse at this point, I have already filed a complaint with the FTC and they'll have to face legal proceedings. Harsh, but it isn't fair that they are selling something in the store that doesn't work and expecting us to "suck it up".
    • VikingMags
      VikingMags
      Soul Shriven
      Well I went experimenting.....I took my hairstyle off and the tats and jewelry stay now. Still not the look I want but at least I found a way to make them stay.

Hoping this helps with finding a fix....cheers.

Magnus
    • VikingMags
      VikingMags
      Soul Shriven
      Apparently you can't don any hoods either. Was hoping it was just a hair thing. Same with the ear rings. Is there a certain number of customizations we can do? I'm guessing 4 is the threshold.

Anyway just more Intel. Hope it helps. Cheers...

Magnus
    • xSkullfox
      xSkullfox
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Body markings still returning back to the default ones based from the character creaton.
      Groupfinder:
      The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
      • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
      • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
      • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
      • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
      • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
      • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
      • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
      • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
    • CeaseSphire
      CeaseSphire
      ✭✭✭
      I've noticed that body and face markings will disappear if I equip even a crown bought costume. It shows up fine in the menu where all my characters are but once in world poof they are gone.
    • xSkullfox
      xSkullfox
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno

Here is a video, this bug exists since HS update, why this cant be fixed, it worked before.
      The EP marking is from the character creating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1DHhofesUU
      Edited by xSkullfox on April 24, 2017 8:17PM
      Groupfinder:
      The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
      • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
      • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
      • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
      • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
      • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
      • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
      • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
      • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
    • Sigtric
      Sigtric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This has been happening to me as well for the last couple months. Seems to be an issue with too many things from your collections equipped.

If I use collections UI to
      +Put on a costume
      +add facial accessory (pact dragon headband thinger)
      +change hair
      +change facial hair
      +add tattoo
      +change ear-rings
      My characters tattoo will disappear on any load screen. Taking the earring change away, she goes back to displaying properly all the time... until recently - where the tattoos will randomly disappear (not all the time) during load screens

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
      Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
      [/center]
    • DemonDruaga
      DemonDruaga
      ✭✭✭✭
      can confirm.

pls fix it (!)
      Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
    • Ostacia
      Ostacia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Oh wow, I just put in a ticket about this very same issue. Didn't realize it had been going on so long. :(
      PC/ NA
      Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
    • hmldneb18_ESO
      hmldneb18_ESO
      ✭✭
      I have the same problem on my main character. It is really annoying :(
      All my other characters are ok, just my main keeps loosing markings and jewelry...

This started recently for me, around the early access for Morrowind.
    • The17thNinja
      The17thNinja
      ✭✭
      Im having the same issue on my dark elf and high elf on xbox one US server. It has to do with how many cosmetic items you have equipped. I removed a few and it stopped removing my tattoos.
      Edited by The17thNinja on June 12, 2017 5:27PM
      Do as thou wilt