The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[VIDEO]Crescent's Magicka Templar Build - Soul Jabber 3.0 (Morrowind&HotR)

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Not using clever alchemist XD. Oooo budy AND vma staff. Sounds like a fun build! If i could only get that lightning staff in sharp! You must stack the *** out of spell pen CP cuase youd have 9-10k pen without it.

The reason i wanted LA armor was mainly because i heard rumors about BGs not having all the sustain from CP. Wanting more damage as a rusult was very important. Also there are so many players complaining about CP being a crutch, and even though i do NOT agree that it is, i wanted to be able to have a build that did not utilize regen sustain CPs, and my heavy armor build was not cutting it. Having to run a sustain set in cyrodil or BGs...no thanks. So i stacked different sources of damage, the best way to stack damage in no CP is to run LA armor and still be able to get better sustain through LA passives and harness magick. So yeah man, ultimately if it you the kills it gets you the kills. The CP changes ive given myself allow me to stack break free cost. (I still run 50 in cost reduction, but am weening myself off of it). Good convo man. Thats a lot of spell damage from different sources on ur build. Good luck!

You're overlooking elemental drain which gives you major breach and resource return, magikasteal+channeled focus is all the sustain you need. This allows you to run heavy armor and have all the sustain in the world. I literally put 3 points in spell erosion.

Basically its a question of tankiness vs more damage. Since magplars have no real mitigation tools and sufficient damage from running 3 stacked damage sets it only makes sense that you go heavy.

This is just the logic I use when making a build and having tested light armor magplar, its not close to as good as heavy, there's just too much synergy between heavy armor and the templar kit atm. That doesn't mean light armor magplar is bad, just that you give up things you need for things you don't.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 23, 2017 10:03PM
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division @Baconlad @Lexxypwns
    Interesting discussion. I would sum it up this way.

Light armor
    Pros - Mad magicka sustain, higher damage (especially against heavy armor user) & higher crit = better heals too
    Cons - Stamina sustain is harder without constitution, Less physical/spell resistance & vulnerable against full gank build
    Heavy armor
    Pros - Tanky AF, decent damage (can stack SD with passive), easy stam sustain(could block a lot more), decent mag sustain
    Cons - lower crit, lower penetration

Conclusion:
    So if u can survive with light armor go for it. Because if u can get away being a glass canon I dont see the point going for heavy armor. But for heavy armor user u have an insurance because u can almost never get one shotted in open world. There is just more room for error in open world fights(vampire low HP passive makes heavy armor even tankier too!).
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    crusnik91 wrote: »

Light armor
    Pros - Mad magicka sustain, higher damage (especially against heavy armor user) & higher crit = better heals too
    Cons - Stamina sustain is harder without constitution, Less physical/spell resistance & vulnerable against full gank build
    Heavy armor
    Pros - Tanky AF, decent damage (can stack SD with passive), easy stam sustain(could block a lot more), decent mag sustain

Conclusion:
    So if u can survive with light armor go for it. Because if u can get away being a glass canon I dont see the point going for heavy armor. But for heavy armor user u have an insurance because u can almost never get one shotted in open world. There is just more room for error in open world fights(vampire low HP passive makes heavy armor even tankier too!).

This is true. For me, the way I build magplar is I build for just enough damage to kill good players then u start adding from there's. since I get enough damage and sustain in heavy I see no reason to go light. At this point, I've got the damage I need, all the heavy armor Passives, and enough sustain which makes the decision easy.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit a 19k dark flare in light armor using elemental drain. Wonder what I could do in heavy with elemental drain. Heavy is the way to go for my play style, bit every now and then zerg surfing is fun as heck.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Lol...um, i dont know man, run tri stat, you dont get much stam from 1 heavy, but you should still magage, i use tri stat pots too if that helps.

If you find X amount of players that are half their salt in cyrodil, youre not 1vXing them. With my team, running with two of us, your NOT winning, i dont care what build you run. At the most youre too tanky for us to beat but your not killin us. That leaves "everyone else" so to speak, the "potatoes". And in LA yeah you can win, may have more of a chance at beating em in heavy sure, but the extra damage i throw down means i can put a ton more pressure. If i run across all stamina toons i may have a bit more trouble. But there are counters to every build. If you as a heavy templar run across a few builds that can dirrectly counter you, your gonna have a hard time too. Fighting mag builds, ive got unlimited magick, leaving me to be able to put that much more pressure.

My point, is its a different playstyle, i dont run sword and board, i run resto for the heal ult, or lightning for group play and destro ult. It works man, you have to try it out XD. Five light spinners/ grothdar/ willpower and Soulshine weaps for 1 piece mag. (Only cause i had em golded already). Try it out, adjust ur build you wont regret it man!

5 Alchemist 3 Heavy + SNB back bar
    5 Spinners 3 Jewels, waist+gloves
    2 Skoria
    1 VMA lightning staff

That's over 3200 spell damage AND 15k spell pen without alchemist proc, plus the skoria burst. I can't imagine why you'd need MORE damage than that. I'm glad you're making light armor work for magplar, but its certainly not the best choice available because you don't actually need any extra damage to get kills.

Where do you get sustain. Tried this it doesnt check out.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    Lol...um, i dont know man, run tri stat, you dont get much stam from 1 heavy, but you should still magage, i use tri stat pots too if that helps.

If you find X amount of players that are half their salt in cyrodil, youre not 1vXing them. With my team, running with two of us, your NOT winning, i dont care what build you run. At the most youre too tanky for us to beat but your not killin us. That leaves "everyone else" so to speak, the "potatoes". And in LA yeah you can win, may have more of a chance at beating em in heavy sure, but the extra damage i throw down means i can put a ton more pressure. If i run across all stamina toons i may have a bit more trouble. But there are counters to every build. If you as a heavy templar run across a few builds that can dirrectly counter you, your gonna have a hard time too. Fighting mag builds, ive got unlimited magick, leaving me to be able to put that much more pressure.

My point, is its a different playstyle, i dont run sword and board, i run resto for the heal ult, or lightning for group play and destro ult. It works man, you have to try it out XD. Five light spinners/ grothdar/ willpower and Soulshine weaps for 1 piece mag. (Only cause i had em golded already). Try it out, adjust ur build you wont regret it man!

2 Skoria
    1 VMA lightning staff

That's over 3200 spell damage AND 15k spell pen without alchemist proc, plus the skoria burst. I can't imagine why you'd need MORE damage than that. I'm glad you're making light armor work for magplar, but its certainly not the best choice available because you don't actually need any extra damage to get kills.

It's pretty good for duels though. I do not think Alchemist is good on mplar due to overal damage dealing clumsiness of the class, but it can work.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    Destyran wrote: »

2 Skoria
    1 VMA lightning staff

It's pretty good for duels though. I do not think Alchemist is good on mplar due to overal damage dealing clumsiness of the class, but it can work.

yea I don't rate alchemist on templar as well. unless u are using a dark flare build then it could work well

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's your sustain like? I run 900ish with lich and I'm fine. Plus you have lightning staff. You running atronach mundus? Should swap it for thief.

I tried ratttlecage and didn't rate it at all. Soulshine is a lot more damage imo.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Light armor
    Heavy armor

Conclusion:

This is true. For me, the way I build magplar is I build for just enough damage to kill good players then u start adding from there's. since I get enough damage and sustain in heavy I see no reason to go light. At this point, I've got the damage I need, all the heavy armor Passives, and enough sustain which makes the decision easy.

Running vamp/LA is a death wish. But no vamp /LA is arguably much better since your dampen magicka shield is not taking 25% extra fire/fighters guild abilities. For CP, it's about finding that balance between dmg mitigating sources+ bastion boost. Max magicka stacking makes more sense since DM scales off max mag, and your backbar can be defending. With LA you can forgo sharp/spinners and craft a nirn trait for Shield s or percise with any mundas stone you want.

But ultimately it's about comfort level. HA will keep you alive longer, but for me it's that challenge that LA provides.

And I'm currently exploring mobility options on non-vamp. I have a build that gives me mobility that rivals sorc streak, without that messy cost increase business. But I'm still battling down the overall dmg/burst dmg aspect.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TFMWlNq3w0
    New gameplay video ready!!!

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Shacklebreaker a lot as well. On the beta forums, most people dismissed it out of hand, unfairly imo.
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Shacklebreaker a lot as well. On the beta forums, most people dismissed it out of hand, unfairly imo.

Yea that set didnt really excites me at 1st glance. But then as soon as I tried it, it changed my mind instantly <3

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea that set didnt really excites me at 1st glance. But then as soon as I tried it, it changed my mind instantly <3

Between that set and alteration mastery, it seems they have been receptive in trying to provide sets that work for both Stam/mag as secondary sets. Very good patch for itemization for all classes (aside from procs sets and those nasty Oblivion DMG procs lol).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @crusnik91 How do you think 5 Soulshine+5spinner + Valkyn works??

Worked really well for me last patch playing as a more offensive magplar?
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    @crusnik91 How do you think 5 Soulshine+5spinner + Valkyn works??

Worked really well for me last patch playing as a more offensive magplar?

Sustaining is gonna be hard tbh. Perhaps if u put 2 cost reduction + 1 magicka regen on jewelries it could actually work

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Between that set and alteration mastery, it seems they have been receptive in trying to provide sets that work for both Stam/mag as secondary sets. Very good patch for itemization for all classes (aside from procs sets and those nasty Oblivion DMG procs lol).

the good old seducer too! :)

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC
    Relentless AD
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    hey crusnik another nice build update thx.

although i think u missing out a really iportant skill the "total dark sphere" its going to completely shuts down projectile users for 4 secs

if u use the sphere, you have to put out 1 skill ofc.. so the only substitution would be entropy out and 5 rattlecage in.. what kinda destroys your build conzept i think
    Edited by Trashs1 on May 29, 2017 7:01AM
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭

Glorious EP
    Courageous DC