Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Newb Questions Vampires Social

Jemcrystal
Jemcrystal
✭✭✭✭✭
Want to be food not turned. Do ESO vamps have to drink blood? Do ESO vamps drink the blood of Player Characters or NPC's? Can ESO vamps drink the blood of PC's without turning the PC into a vampire? Can I offer myself to another player as their lunch without offending them?

Edited by Jemcrystal on November 1, 2016 1:21PM
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO vampires do not have to drink blood. Their powers grow stronger as they starve themselves, but their weaknesses have more impact, as well. Vampire stage 1 is the first stage, for a fully sated vampire, while stage 4 is the highest for a fully starved vampire.

Player vampires feed on NPCs only for controlling their vampiric stage. (They can also use the Bloody Mara recipe now, too).

Player vampires can bite other player characters, but only at the vampire shrines located in Reaper's March, the Rift, and Bangkori. This does not reduce the vampire stage of the vampire, but will pass vampirism on to the victim of the bite. From there, the bitten player can complete a quest to become a full fledged vampire. Once bitten, the player always has the option to pay at the Mage's Guild to have the vampirism removed, although it is more expensive if the vampire quest was completed first.

A player bitten by a wild NPC vampire will only contract vampirism if the wild vampire was in one of the zones with a vampire shrine. Same options apply - quest to contract full vampirism, or cure to remove it. Werewolves are immune to vampirism, and vampires are also immune to werewolf bites.

I hope this helps!
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Note I don't like it. What is the point of being a vampire if you are nothing more than a disease? I think they should have to bite player characters and not NPC's for feeding - not spreading their disease. Oh, well.