The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Uppercut seem so useless

charley222
charley222
✭✭✭✭
2 to hand main attack Uppercut look so pointless in pvp , you get always roll or worst block and easy counter or player just move a bit and the animation is break :(
i think is going to be so much better to remove the casting delay for any melee ,and drop the dps np , melee already work so hard to close the distance and take damage ,and what ? now melee have casting delay :( come-on , this game have a lot of potential , but the problem is the combat design is very average :(
.plz remove this stupid casting delay is not so hard , to rebalance one skill , i never see any 2 hand make Maelstrom , this just show how physical melee suck :(
, dk the big fail warrior of eso have any strong physical attack, this is why now they convert him to poison warrior :( just terrible combat desing
the big warrior of eso make poison dps , and the thief or assassin's NB make the big physical dps using oO Surprise Attack this just make sense thank you

Edited by charley222 on October 31, 2016 9:02PM
the wall of the covenant
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I understand what you are talking about but right now 2h is not the meta dps weapon I don't know what Zos can do to make it better but hopefully in the future all weapons can be competitive in all aspects of the game
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uppercut has always been a terrible move unless you're fighting a garbage player, and yet due to all the whining from the magicka community on the forums they nerfed a move that was already underwhelming. Personally I think this move needed a buff, and ZOS nerfed it. I feel bad for the players that actually enjoyed using this move.
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember when this move was "OP", people were upset and hated "wrecking blow spammers".
    I still use dizzying swing, it just takes more skill to connect with someone on it now, up its still a good move...
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uppercut has always been a terrible move unless you're fighting a garbage player, and yet due to all the whining from the magicka community on the forums they nerfed a move that was already underwhelming. Personally I think this move needed a buff, and ZOS nerfed it. I feel bad for the players that actually enjoyed using this move.

This is the main problem with the game for me, there is no weapon build diversity in this game.
    For stam the only weapons you can use effectively is:

DW or SnB, I like sword and shield but I wish it had a dps skill I don't like animation canceling.

For PVE it's: DW

The lack of weapon diversity in builds in this game is depressing. Other MMOs have it down packed.

Edited by Anti_Virus on November 1, 2016 3:09PM
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    br0steen wrote: »
    I remember when this move was "OP", people were upset and hated "wrecking blow spammers".
    I still use dizzying swing, it just takes more skill to connect with someone on it now, up its still a good move...

The only thing Wrecking blow had was the knock up but now that's gone, I hope people are not complaining about Dizzying swing now.
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    br0steen wrote: »

sorry dude nothing bad here
    you just miss so much experience in this game

is not question to have skill or not , wrecking blow just waste so much dps , my 2 hand NB never use wrecking blow but Surprise Attack , and my DK have any quick damage ,not choice i`m stuck it (DoT) Venomous Claws , btw i`m not a fan of this guy but have any choice to be agree 100% on this old video , still good because is still the same issue today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FYylSf_NOE
    for me eso the dk =the warrior same for nb the thief or assassin's
    and is so worng the warrior make dps using poison (DoT) and the nb have the bust damage . i guess is the world in world inverse , just a terrible combat desing that why they change dk for (DoT) posion Oo but still is not right
    Edited by charley222 on November 1, 2016 3:27PM
    the wall of the covenant
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »

This is the main problem with the game for me, there is no weapon build diversity in this game.

DW or SnB, I like sword and shield but I wish it had a dps skill I don't like animation canceling.

The lack of weapon diversity in builds in this game is depressing. Other MMOs have it down packed.

Down pat is the phrase FYI.

The big problem with 2H is that it takes up to 3 seconds to kill someone (Dizzying, Dizzying, Executioner). Who would do that when they can do it in 1 second with:

Light/heavy attack (proc vipers) <ani cancel>, Puncture (proc Tremorscale) <ani cancel>, Bash.

15-25k damage in 1 global cooldown. 2H can't compete with that. Nothing can in truth.

• subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

To be fair, every class has stamina morphs to complement the stam play style.

NBs and Templars even have stamina spammables that replace weapon spammables.

So stam diversity is actually higher than magicka. Magicka classes have class spells and destruction spells. Thats it.
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    this game have huge potencial but because combat designer just dont have any clue what they doing , this game stay a good casual game , most animation are fine the lore of eso is great , but combat fail not because the game is design for console and you only have 5 or 6 skill , but more because the game suffer of balance issue ,
    the wall of the covenant
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

The big problem with 2H is that it takes up to 3 seconds to kill someone (Dizzying, Dizzying, Executioner). Who would do that when they can do it in 1 second with:

Light/heavy attack (proc vipers) <ani cancel>, Puncture (proc Tremorscale) <ani cancel>, Bash.

15-25k damage in 1 global cooldown. 2H can't compete with that. Nothing can in truth.

Thanks for the correction, and yeah 2H, and Bow need something to bring them on par with DW
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for the correction, and yeah 2H, and Bow need something to bring them on par with DW

Isn't crit rush the stronger gap closer in the game?
    Doesn't rally provides major brut and a HoT?

I think the problem with 2h is not that the weapon can compete with DW and S/B, the problem is the root of all problems in this game: Vigor. Take out vigor from the game and everything improves...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

I think the problem with 2h is not that the weapon can compete with DW and S/B, the problem is the root of all problems in this game: Vigor. Take out vigor from the game and everything improves...

No I mean the dmg of 2h, right now they are best used as buff weapons.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I mean, that's less to do with 2H being any good and more about maximizing a proc meta build.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • salmoncat33
    salmoncat33
    ✭✭
    It's funny I was just reading a couple forums about getting 2h to count as 2 set pieces and half the people there said 2h was op and the meta... very strange I'm not seeing that here. Conspiracy me thinks.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

No I mean the dmg of 2h, right now they are best used as buff weapons.

2h was useful before vigor was introduced because it was a heal that needed no special requirements to be casted. Then ZoS gaves us vigor and everything changed

Nevertheless, there's at least one small change I think could help 2h. Follow Up (rank 30 pasive) shoud proc on heavy attack and not on full heavy attack
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not six months ago these forums were awash with thread after thread asking for a wrecking blow nerf and how powerful it was.

Yada, yada, Yada they separate them empower from the CC and all of the sudden it sucks.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    charley222 wrote: »
    , dk the big fail warrior of eso have any strong physical attack, this is why now they convert him to poison warrior :( just terrible combat desing
    the big warrior of eso make poison dps , and the thief or assassin's NB make the big physical dps using oO Surprise Attack this just make sense thank you

dragonight class is meant to "tank" tanks are not suppose to be the big damage dealers.
    nightblades are suppose to be damage dealers. not suppose to be able to tank and cannot handle damage. they die easily. not created to fight toe-to-toe and do very well like dragonights can.

people are confused thinking that dragonights are a warrior class, they are not a warrior, they are a tank class. [sorry]
    Edited by Gilvoth on November 2, 2016 1:00AM
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭

dragonight class is meant to "tank" tanks are not suppose to be the big damage dealers.
    nightblades are suppose to be damage dealers. not suppose to be able to tank and cannot handle damage. they die easily. not created to fight toe-to-toe and do very well like dragonights can.

people are confused thinking that dragonights are a warrior class, they are not a warrior, they are a tank class. [sorry]

any sense first tank is not a class because every class are able to be tank lol , tank is a role or play style
    and the best tank in this game is not the dk but the 70k health templar using blazing shield
    funny how some user are so far out oO
    Edited by charley222 on November 2, 2016 1:30AM
    the wall of the covenant
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, heres the thing

templar = healer class
    dragonight = Tank class
    nightblade = damage dealer
    sorc = damage dealer

thats the way it was designed and thats the way it still is even today.

the situation with the 2 hander doing less damage is because it was abused and drove into the ground by alot of people.
    they nerfed it. and im glad they did. it is still a good weapon and can be used by anyone, but in pvp it is not as terrible as it was.
    you can still use it as a dragonight and still do mass damage in both pve and pvp. just have to spam it and set stats to do max damage. there are sets that will increase the damage you do with 2 hand weapons.
    Edited by Gilvoth on November 2, 2016 5:49AM
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a a lot of sad faces.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, heres the thing

templar = healer class and dps and tank
    dragonight = Tank class
    nightblade = damage dealer
    sorc = damage dealer and tank

thats the way it was designed and thats the way it still is even today.

the situation with the 2 hander doing less damage is because it was abused and drove into the ground by alot of people.
    they nerfed it. and im glad they did. it is still a good weapon and can be used by anyone, but in pvp it is not as terrible as it was.
    you can still use it as a dragonight and still do mass damage in both pve and pvp. just have to spam it and set stats to do max damage. there are sets that will increase the damage you do with 2 hand weapons.

FTFY
    Edited by Anti_Virus on November 3, 2016 3:07AM
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

any sense first tank is not a class because every class are able to be tank lol , tank is a role or play style
    and the best tank in this game is not the dk but the 70k health templar using blazing shield

if you will tank in my exp group as non dk I will kick you instantly because of not skills from dk supporting group + is much muhc better as tank and good dk no need to much healer help in some harder content
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »

if you will tank in my exp group as non dk I will kick you instantly because of not skills from dk supporting group + is much muhc better as tank and good dk no need to much healer help in some harder content

What content are you talking about? No content is so hard, you desperately need a DK-tank....
    Noobplar
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »

What content are you talking about? No content is so hard, you desperately need a DK-tank....

any dung, vDSA etc, vet trials are known for all I think is here only dk viable as tank :p

EDIT: yes, all can tank dungs etc but they will never equal to dk with group buffs to dmg, some more survivability etc
    Edited by Edziu on November 3, 2016 11:21AM
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

any dung, vDSA etc, vet trials are known for all I think is here only dk viable as tank :p

EDIT: yes, all can tank dungs etc but they will never equal to dk with group buffs to dmg, some more survivability etc

Which buffs to dmg do you get from DK? Which group buffs do you get? Survivability ok...but that doesn't exclude other tanks, you can build any class for survivability (which isn't needed that much at all tbh).
    Noobplar
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which buffs to dmg do you get from DK? Which group buffs do you get? Survivability ok...but that doesn't exclude other tanks, you can build any class for survivability (which isn't needed that much at all tbh).

1 BiS skill

igneous weapons

no waste pots for easy dungs not worth it and no need use 2h only for rally or power extraction on dmg for buff or flying blade which will some lower your dps because it have short time duration and need damn hit target to activate buff
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1 BiS skill

igneous weapons

no waste pots for easy dungs not worth it and no need use 2h only for rally or power extraction on dmg for buff or flying blade which will some lower your dps because it have short time duration and need damn hit target to activate buff

I usually do dungeons without major sorcery/brutality bc it's not needed at all...why do you need that extra dmg for easy dungeons? The damage loss for not using the buff or using rally/entropy/whatever isn't that big at all.
    And for hard content you want all DPS/healers to use spellpower/weppower potions and noone uses igneous, bc as a tank you can slot a better skill than that one.

but anyway...this is about uppercut, not about non-dk-tanking ^^
    Edited by Destruent on November 3, 2016 12:03PM
    Noobplar
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1 BiS skill

igneous weapons

I usually do dungeons without major sorcery/brutality bc it's not needed at all...why do you need that extra dmg for easy dungeons? The damage loss for not using the buff or using rally/entropy/whatever isn't that big at all.
    And for hard content you want all DPS/healers to use spellpower/weppower potions and noone uses igneous, bc as a tank you can slot a better skill than that one.

but anyway...this is about uppercut, not about non-dk-tanking ^^

cuz, boss with 5-7m hp etc, a bit long so why dont kill him faster and why I shoul slack with dps without this buff...and at all ye, we some went down from topic xD
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    "danno8 wrote: »

Way to compare a crappy 2h attack chain with a double proc set.

2h has no spamable, it's true. But:

Light/heavy attack (proc viper) (animation cancel), Dizzy, Bash, Reverse Slice.

And if at any time Velidreth's procs in there, it's lights out for the target before reverse slice.

But the real problem with Dizzying swing is that there are many less magicka builds out there. Everyone has the stamina necessary to block or dodge an obvious attack.

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "danno8 wrote: »

Way to compare a crappy 2h attack chain with a double proc set.

2h has no spamable, it's true. But:

Light/heavy attack (proc viper) (animation cancel), Dizzy, Bash, Reverse Slice.

And if at any time Velidreth's procs in there, it's lights out for the target before reverse slice.

But the real problem with Dizzying swing is that there are many less magicka builds out there. Everyone has the stamina necessary to block or dodge an obvious attack.

The cast time on Dizzying though is enough to get out of the way/defend yourself. Honestly the difference is huge comparing something that hits all at once and something that takes an extra second to hit.

Add to that the ability to be holding down block the whole time and the winner is clear.

The meta:

DSCF7731.jpg