The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Did I miss my character up..?

harold12
harold12
✭✭
Hello fellow ESO-ians :>

I recently just started, I'm still pretty new to the game. I've just hit level 10 on my High Elf Dragonknight.

Now, I honestly have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to Skills. I've read online to just go pure Stamina, so that's what I did with 1 misplaced point into Health.
As for my Skills, I've just gotten what makes the most sense to me. I've got a Charge, a cleave morphed that gives me a shield depending on how many hit. I've got a few passives into Heavy Armor for the increased physical reduction and health bonus.

My Skills are -
Ardent Flame(16):Molten Whip, Venomous Claw and Dragonknight Standard
Draconic Power(2):No Skills..
Earthen Heart(13):Obsidian Shard. (Took that one for the heal it gives)

Weapon-
Dual Wield(11):Rending Slashes and Rapid Strikes (Wanted to go DW but switched to 2H at around level 8 or so)
Two Handed(12):Brawler and Critical Rush

And last but not least, Heavy Armor at 16 with 2 in Resolve, 1 in Constitution and 1 in Juggernaut.

I guess what I'm asking... Is have I messed up? Lol. I DO NOT mind starting over at all. I am enjoying this game IMMENSELY and have been having nothing but fun, I do however want to make sure I'm doing things right.
  • Nocturnalan
    Nocturnalan
    ✭✭✭
    You don't have to start over, you can redistribute skill points later so just have fun for now. Personally I'm 54/5/5.
    Templar Healer PVP/PVE
    Stam/Mag Warden PVP
    MagSorc PVP
    XB1 NA 1100+CP
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only things about your character that you cannot change buy paying gold are faction, class and race (and race changes can be purchased for crowns). Skills, morphs, attributes, all that stuff can be changed at shrines in your faction's major city.

While you're just starting out have fun and experiment, you will figure the game out and learn how to build an awesome character as you go. The only advice I have is that High Elves tend to do better as a magicka build as opposed to stamina.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • harold12
    harold12
    ✭✭
    harold12 wrote: »

I recently just started, I'm still pretty new to the game. I've just hit level 10 on my High Elf Dragonknight.

Now, I honestly have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to Skills. I've read online to just go pure Stamina, so that's what I did with 1 misplaced point into Health.
    As for my Skills, I've just gotten what makes the most sense to me. I've got a Charge, a cleave morphed that gives me a shield depending on how many hit. I've got a few passives into Heavy Armor for the increased physical reduction and health bonus.

My Skills are -

Weapon-
    Dual Wield(11):Rending Slashes and Rapid Strikes (Wanted to go DW but switched to 2H at around level 8 or so)

And last but not least, Heavy Armor at 16 with 2 in Resolve, 1 in Constitution and 1 in Juggernaut.

I guess what I'm asking... Is have I messed up? Lol. I DO NOT mind starting over at all. I am enjoying this game IMMENSELY and have been having nothing but fun, I do however want to make sure I'm doing things right.

Sorry for the double post, but I see no way to edit.
    I just wanted to ask, how do I get gear? I've started to get *some* type of gear, but mainly accessories like Necklace and Rings. I had about 4.5k gold saved up, but I spent it all on those "little known heavy armor pieces" in hopes of getting something better than "Increases Magicka by 500, level 5 Iron Pauldrons" lol. Again, I'm new.. So I don't mind messing up at this point in the game, better to learn now than at max level with no clue at all. And also a question about quests... Should I attempt to do every single one of them? (I'm a completionist at heart, so I do like getting those achievements) Unfortunately there's no clear way of seeing where quests are other than exploring, which is kinda neat. Really brings out RPG elements :>
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No you didnt. You can reset skill points and stat points in factions main town. You can always level new skills since you will always be gaining experience.

So do what you feel is fun as you learn the ropes. And as you level listen to people and move in a direction that sounds fun.
  • harold12
    harold12
    ✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    The only things about your character that you cannot change buy paying gold are faction, class and race (and race changes can be purchased for crowns). Skills, morphs, attributes, all that stuff can be changed at shrines in your faction's major city.

While you're just starting out have fun and experiment, you will figure the game out and learn how to build an awesome character as you go. The only advice I have is that High Elves tend to do better as a magicka build as opposed to stamina.

Coming from Skyrim... Would a Dragonknight Nord be better in the sense of Stamina?
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no messing up when you're just starting out. You just need to figure out a type of focus for what you want your guy to be later on. Going pure stamina is cool in all, however you're race is much more suited for magic. That might be something to keep in mind.

I do suggest maxing out the armor passives right now though. I had to go back and grind to open those up for some of my toons I fiddled with. That can be hard to do when you went through soo many quests already.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess what I'm asking... Is have I messed up? Lol. I DO NOT mind starting over at all.
    You are completely overthinking this, just keep going, you'll be able to switch around skills and reassign skill points later in the game and by the time you hit level 50 you should have plenty of skill points to work with.
    popcorn.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on October 31, 2016 8:14PM
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

Coming from Skyrim... Would a Dragonknight Nord be better in the sense of Stamina?

The key is to look up the racial passive skills for each race and see what they do. For example High Elves get bonuses to elemental damage and a boost to max magicka, making them powerful spellcasters but generally weaker with stamina abilities. Since hybrids are typically underpowered in this game you generally want to go the direction that maximizes your character's innate passives.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really, no. I mean, Nords get physical resist, and High Elves are a magicka race. But they're both kinda a null point for a stamina build. Khajiit, Wood Elves, Redguard and Imperials would make better stamina builds, but your racial pick isn't the end of the world, no matter how much some corners of the community will cry about off spec races.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am enjoying this game IMMENSELY and have been having nothing but fun, I do however want to make sure I'm doing things right.

Any Build can be made to work, some builds just work better than others. As above, you can always respec. What I am concerned about is your putting points into Passives at L10. This is the time you want to be be focusing on direct combat skills (Class, Weapon, and Support). Passives come later.

L1 to L15 Invest in Class Skills and Weapon skills. Have a Class skill and a weapon skill on your bar at all times so you get these leveled. Classes take the longest to level, and the class skills are why you picked your class. When you get to the Morph stage, swap out the skill for another one to level. Morphs are where you really decide to go Magic or Stamina, and until your sure, best to usually leave them unmorphed.

L15 to L30 This is where you get skill point starved, but try to keep up with your class and combat skills, and add in more support skills (Inner Light, Soul Trap, Persuasion, Intimidation etc)

L30 to L50 Now you should have some skills to invest in those armor passives, class passives, weapon passives etc. Also, you should have chosen your Magic or Stamina patch by now, so you can start to choose your morphs.

This is a guideline, and you can certainly unlock a passive earlier than L30 or take a Morph at L15, but it gives you a framework which to focus your skill development. Also, you can grab more skill points sooner than before since you can get the skyshards from all the zones, not just the 5 you are in for your Alliance, so that can mix things up depending on how many skyshards your hunting early on.

Edited by Nestor on October 31, 2016 8:21PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• harold12
    harold12
    ✭✭

Not really, no. I mean, Nords get physical resist, and High Elves are a magicka race. But they're both kinda a null point for a stamina build. Khajiit, Wood Elves, Redguard and Imperials would make better stamina builds, but your racial pick isn't the end of the world, no matter how much some corners of the community will cry about off spec races.

I feel like I'm going to pick up the ESO Plus as well and restart as an Imperial to be honest.
    Thanks for all of the answers though, I really appreciate it. I came from World of Warcraft (Quit in 2015) and other games where a misplaces point would generally mess your character up completely.
  • Nocturnalan
    Nocturnalan
    ✭✭✭
    Don't waste your gold, you're going to grow out of armor and weapons so fast it's not worth it, I didn't start spending gold on items until about CP120, had around 100k saved up by that time.
    Templar Healer PVP/PVE
    Stam/Mag Warden PVP
    MagSorc PVP
    XB1 NA 1100+CP
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first nine characters I leveled are just deleted pixels now. Experiment early on. You can develop a more competitive curve with future characters.

That's really the best advice I can give you. Don't build one character. Build eight. Refine them. Don't be afraid to delete one to make room for a better idea. It's taken me years to create a strong but versatile roster. So it's completely all right if your first characters are misfits so long as you learn a thing or two from each one.

And as soon as you find a character you love and never want to delete, start researching crafting traits. You'll thank yourself a year from now.
    signing off
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't waste your gold, you're going to grow out of armor and weapons so fast it's not worth it, I didn't start spending gold on items until about CP120, had around 100k saved up by that time.

Even then... maybe I'm biased, but I wouldn't even really think about buying gear until 160.
  • harold12
    harold12
    ✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    The first nine characters I leveled are just deleted pixels now. Experiment early on. You can develop a more competitive curve with future characters.

That's really the best advice I can give you. Don't build one character. Build eight. Refine them. Don't be afraid to delete one to make room for a better idea. It's taken me years to create a strong but versatile roster. So it's completely all right if your first characters are misfits so long as you learn a thing or two from each one.

And as soon as you find a character you love and never want to delete, start researching crafting traits. You'll thank yourself a year from now.

So far I've only tried Dragonknight and Templar. I got the DK to level 6 and I wanted to see how other classes operated so I picked up a Dragonknight. Honestly thinking about going Imperial Templar now. I've never really liked Sorcerers/Mages
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would grab a skill in Draconic Power, just to level all three class lines.

You can't mess up your character in this game, you can respec any points spent on anything using in game gold. So you are fine!
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial Stamina Templar is pretty good late game. Templar has some nifty abilities, and Biting Jabs is one of the best stamina abilities. Plus they get Repentance.

You might not want to sleep on a Stamina Sorcerer though. Hurricane is a really fun tool and they can exchange their magic for health/stamina using Dark Deal. Plus they can teleport around using Streak to stun their foes before finishing them off.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I've only tried Dragonknight and Templar. I got the DK to level 6 and I wanted to see how other classes operated so I picked up a Dragonknight. Honestly thinking about going Imperial Templar now. I've never really liked Sorcerers/Mages

No offense but at level 6 you really have no idea about that class and how it is going to play at endgame (or level 50 for that matter).

You need to unlock all of your class skills, weapon skills, armor skills and guild skills and then play around with a class for a while to really get a feel for it.

I have 4 maxed main characters (DK, Sorc, Templar, NB) with every skill maxed and morphed twice, which allows me to easily respec them into anything i want.
    shades.gif
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ideally, you want one character in each of the 4 classes. You can always take them Stamina or Magic with a respec and some new gear. You can play a Sorcerer like a pure Caster, or like a Stamina character. MMO's fiddle with Class Balance all the time, so this way you can just bring up whatever character is favored by the new balance and play them. Also, once you get one character to CP160, then any characters you get to L50 become CP160 and can use end game gear. Of course you can get more Champ Points (the CP thing) on your post 50 characters.

Use the ones your not playing currently as storage mules to hold things for you.

In other words, you can't have too many characters.....

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there @harold12 ! Welcome to ESO!

First off, as other mentions, ANY build/race/setup can work in this game for about 90% of the content. So, if you're here to enjoy questing, don't bother yourself with that too much.

However, if you're a little bit like me and like to have your builds as optimal as possible, you might want to rethink those race choices. As previously stated, you can respec any skill and attribute for a little gold, but can't change race without real-world money. So you might prefer to change sooner than later. (I just saw you comment on Imperial DK, that's a perfectly good choice). Here you can see all informations needed on race bonuses.
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Racial+Skills

Also, here is a link for many meta builds, with races recommendations: http://alcasthq.com/

You can inspire your builds from those ones (mostly for skills setup, since you won't be using end-game gear anytime soon).

As for your comment about not liking sorcerers/mages, did you know that stam sorcs are very powerful right now? I rolled one this weekend and they're extremely fun to play. They play like any other stam class, with swords and bows, but have crazy good AOE dmg and self-heal.

Have fun!
    XBox One - NA
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did the same thing, stamina dragonknight Altmer, female, she was so much pretty!! and I love the dragonknight class. But then I realized, that Altmers have racial bonuses to magicka, not stamina. And I switched her to Redguard with Barbershop and the stats are much higher now :smiley:
    or you can switch to magicka dragonknight, works well too. with staves. ranged attack.
  • harold12
    harold12
    ✭✭
    Thanks so much for all of your replies everyone! And the welcomes. ESO is a great game and I look forward to spending many more hours inside :smile:
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I'm going to pick up the ESO Plus as well and restart as an Imperial to be honest..

NO!!

I mean you don't have to reroll to restart - you can have the new character AS WELL....

I just restarted playing a dunmer Sorc that I stopped playing when they dropped softcaps (all you newbies won't even know what I mean).

As for the sub/plus - I am in love with my crafting bag.....
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no messing up. All your skill choices and stat choices can be redone in your faction capital for a bit of gold (and gold is easy enough to come by) if you really need to, but at level 10, it hardly matters since you can just balance it as you proceed.

Personally I dislike overspecialized characters, so I tend to go with an more balanced split in stats - as stamina DK, I want most in stamina for my attacks and combat powerr, but also some health to keep on going, and a little magica to fuel green dragon blood as my selfheal... I'd go with something like a 60%-30%-10% split stamina-health-magica for a stamine DK, but that's me...

Skills, it is good to switch them around as you level, build them all up so that in the end, you have everything maxed and morphed and can tailor your load to the fight at hand. But you have all of the mainstory AND cadwells AND craglorn, AND the DLCs to spend on that so... no rush. More then enough skill points and experience in those to do it all.
    In the end, you will find which skills are best suited for your playstyle, and for what opponents. You still will want to change them on occasion, depending on what you face - but at this point, it hardly matters much, you are supposed to learn how to use them best, and max&morph them so you have them at their most effective in the end.

Two-hander will serve you very well, heavy armor means you will need to be a bit more deliberate then a medium armor fighter, go for the slow-but-steady approach, manage your stamina better, mix in heavy blows every now and then, but one of my most effective characters rolls like that, so you will do fine I expect.
    Once you hit level 15, you can have weapon switcheroo, you could decide to go with a 2H/DW setup. Or go for something else entirely, add S&B for tanking (DKs make really good tanks), or bow if you like some range... (DK archers can be nasty with their flapping wing protection).
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    High Elf is a race with max magicka, magicka regeneration and elemental damage bonuses. You will be seriously gimping yourself by going stamina. Go to the Elden Root redetication shrine (zone is called Grahtwood) and respec your attribute points to magicka and your skill points to the magicka morphs of your class skills. Use at least 5 pieces of light armor and destro and restoration staff, collect books for mages guild reputation and skill increase, and also level your fighters guild by killing lots of daedra at dolmens - you'll be needing banish the wicked passive for increasing the ultimate gain from killing them, because DK depends a lot on ultimate for sustain.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

My Skills are -

Weapon-

I remember that I deleted my first char because of trivial stuff like this. There is no need to do so, just play the game, try to do all quests to get more skill points, and when you get a grip on what you want to build, go to respec shrines and mold your char the other way. All depend on what you wanna be, since DK is good, but not great if you go hybrid build with a lot of points split among magicka, health and stamina. I have 2 DKs, one is pure magicka, other one is stamina based. Magicka one is hard CC PvP oriented vampire, and stamina one is more for group dungeons and stuff, because that is how I wanted to do. It doesn't mean you can't go other way.

I would advise you to find a few guilds, since you can be in total of 5 guilds. If you like PvP and dueling, join some of those asap, many ppl can show you the ropes early on, and thus give you an exact idea what skills to focus on. For PvE I recommend that you find a guild too, and try some normal dungeons when you get to lvl15 so you will have one more skill bar active.

And later, when you prove yourself in Tamriel, you might even join a PvF guild, since fishing is what I find most important aspect of ESO. No kidding, AD ganks me over fishing spots, and I had more than a few duels over some of these in Rivenspire, too.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You only really mess up if you are not having fun.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My Skills are -

Weapon-

Going to be blunt.

First things first, decide on what role you want to play e.g. tank, damage dealer, healer. Then decide on whether you want to follow a magicka heavy route or a stamina heavy route.

Once you've decided on those two then you're ready to begin creating a character that can change Tamriel for good. This does NOT mean you need to start over or even change your skill points or attributes, only that you can start planning for your progression within the game.

I haven't played WoW so forgive me if I'm retreading old ground, but Light Armour is more suited for magicka based users (tooltips are always handy for helping to learn how the game works), Medium Armour is more suited for stamina based users and Heavy Armour is more suited for tanking and general survivability at the cost of being able to manage your resources.

All armour is divided into those three classes (no bound armour here) and each piece of armour can be enchanted with what's called glyphs. You can either pick these up from loot drops while exploring/questing or purchasing them from the enchanter at your nearest zone capital. Glyphs are useful as they allow you to enchant your gear and provide a boost to your attribute pools without changing anything around. Glyphs come in 5 colours which represent 5 different levels increasing in strength, these are:

- White
    - Green
    - Blue
    - Purple
    - Gold/Yellow

This is also a good time to mention that you should read the tips during the loading screens as they provide useful information to new players.

Gear performs in a similar way to glyphs, with the exception that it's divided into "big" and "small" pieces. Big pieces are:

- Chest
    - Legs
    - Head

While small pieces are:

- Shoulders
    - Hands
    - Waist
    - Feet

Gear also comes in different strengths from White to Gold/Yellow with each one better than the previous level.

There are 9 different traits available to research for each piece of big and small armour in all 3 armour types (light, medium, heavy) and in all the different weapon types.

This is also a good time to mention that you should visit the crafting stations and crafting NPCs for clothing, metalworking and woodworking in your starter city.

Once you're aware of how traits work, researching, glyphs and improvement tempers then you can start to identify and understand the sets available from crafting stations throughout the world and how they can benefit you as well as the dropped sets from various bosses and mobs.

Food is your last great advantage at beginner levels and unlike in Skyrim where it will act similar to health potions, food in ESO gives you a permanent boost to your various attributes for the duration of the food buff. You can purchase food from a chef in the city taverns I believe or you can find it laying around various locations (be sure not to steal it unless you want a bounty!). With the release on One Tamriel any food you find will be scaled to your level and so will provide the maximum buff.

Last, but certainly not least, don't worry about creating a character that ends up with all the worst choices imaginable. Many of us started out the same without much idea what to do or how to do it and through experience, learning and support from the community we've learnt how to create characters that are ridiculously powerful.

Good luck!
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Soafee
    Soafee
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on my second character ever, my highest is level 31. Before I knew you could go to the tree area and pay in game gold to respec your points I kept buying crowns 700 a pop then spent probably 10k gold. I kept changing until I found something I felt good playing and now I've gotten so many points that I don't know what to do with most of them.
    Today is a blessing. Yesterday is in the past and tomorrow is a mystery.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@harold12; if you're playing on pc/na. look around for good guilds. There are many who are new player friendly, don't mind questions, willing to help out with builds, and can make you gear/gear sets for nothing. The guilds I'm familiar with are new player friendly, have crafters who like to make stuff, and also have bodies that show up to help out when you need a hand with bosses or trials. Having a support network type of thing can make the game a lot more fun.