The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sales drops?

Stopnaggin
Stopnaggin
✭✭✭✭✭
Just wondering if anyone else Is experience a loss in guild trader sales? XBOX NA if it matters. I guess with all the new drop sets and bop is a major factor. Just curious what everyone else is experiencing.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen the lesser stuff expire, but the cool BOE stuff from.before with good traits has gone for bigger money, so feels it's balanced out.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but what happens when boe stuff is gone? Motifs seem to be the big sellers now. IF you're lucky enough to get them. I only run 1 toon on trials so celestial will take forevevr, and no draugr or yukodon from any dailies yet. Just curious as to what to sell anymore.
    Edited by Stopnaggin on October 31, 2016 2:31PM
  • gel214thb14_ESO
    gel214thb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How do you even use the Guild Store system effectively? Do people actually wayshrine to every city to search guild stores for something they want? That seems incredibly inefficient and time consuming to me. I just ignore Guild stores.
    Edited by gel214thb14_ESO on October 31, 2016 2:34PM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It use to be about stacking up with 12 of your closest friends and running trials over and over to make lots of money.

Now it is about stacking up with 50 of your closest friends and farming a dolman/boss over and over.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you even use the Guild Store system effectively? Do people actually wayshrine to every city to search guild stores for something they want? That seems incredibly inefficient and time consuming to me. I just ignore Guild stores.

Yes sometimes I will do that. Just depends on what I happen to be looking for.
    It use to be about stacking up with 12 of your closest friends and running trials over and over to make lots of money.

Now it is about stacking up with 50 of your closest friends and farming a dolman/boss over and over.

Yes but even those sets will be over saturated in a very short time.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild store sales aren't just confined to gear and motifs. Alchemy reagents, improvent tempers, and raw materials (e.g. rubedite) are also good sellers ...
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempers yes, as far as mats though not so much. At least not top tier mats. Never tried alchemy stuff in store. ON a different note with alchemy reagents, has anyone else noticed an increase in Columbine?
    Edited by Stopnaggin on October 31, 2016 3:36PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increase in supply or increase in price?

(I'm not on XBox NA ... )
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. I've experienced the same thing, mostly because prices have drops on many items. That happens because top tiers have become much more accessible. If you were selling mainly rubedite/rubedo leather/ancestor silk/ruby ash you will probably need to adjust your prices way lower to continue selling. On PC we have MM add-on, and that does in deed shows a sharp drop in the prices of those items. But consoles have no add-on support yet so it's much more guess work. Try cutting about 20% of your current prices for raw materials. Also many BoE set items and items related to witches festival were selling for much higher prices right after Update 12 and the beginning of the event respectively, and now have dropped to as little as 10% of the initial sale values. Other things like alchemy ingredients and tempers have held steady, since they are neither new nor has their availability increased. More likely tempers will increase a bit, since people will be upgrading their new dropped sets.
    Edited by Asardes on October 31, 2016 3:47PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On pc alchemy rakes in so much cash you can price it almost as high as you like, except for mushrooms, I sell for barely half the market rate and the gold is still through the roof. After that it's Kuta and purple jewellery, I don't farm motifs, I buy them as I simply don't have the time to grind them. If you have youkudan you can charge the earth, im going to wait till it's in the crown store, I've got a fair surpluss and the in game gold price is astronomical :/
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree completely. Worst part of the entire game.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increase in supply or increase in price?

(I'm not on XBox NA ... )

Increase in supply. Sorry about that.
    Asardes wrote: »
    Yep. I've experienced the same thing, mostly because prices have drops on many items. That happens because top tiers have become much more accessible. If you were selling mainly rubedite/rubedo leather/ancestor silk/ruby ash you will probably need to adjust your prices way lower to continue selling. On PC we have MM add-on, and that does in deed shows a sharp drop in the prices of those items. But consoles have no add-on support yet so it's much more guess work. Try cutting about 20% of your current prices for raw materials. Also many BoE set items and items related to witches festival were selling for much higher prices right after Update 12 and the beginning of the event respectively, and now have dropped to as little as 10% of the initial sale values. Other things like alchemy ingredients and tempers have held steady, since they are neither new nor has their availability increased. More likely tempers will increase a bit, since people will be upgrading their new dropped sets.

Yeah on console it's crazy the price swings from trader to trader. With no way to see them all at once. I wish there was a search option, but nothing yet. WI'll try some reagents and price drop on mats to see what works. Rube ore on traders os about 20k per stack but they don't move fast. WI'll drop down to 15k and see what happens with that.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It depends on what you want. For most stuff if you are in a large trading guild, you can find everything. If they don't have it, a visit to a couple of the hubs will usually yield what you desire.

However, I usually don't go about in "must buy now!" mode. I keep in mind what things I want, and whenever I am somewhere and run across a trader, I check what they have. I have found many good deals that way.

I'm also in a small guild that usually has a trader out of town, and we sell a lot of provisioning stuff and we do have regular customers that come back each week.

I don't go for the highly priced items when selling. I sell a lot of small things (provisioning, runes, improvers) and they add up.
    The Moot Councillor
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am still raking in the gold. Alchemy reagents still sell like crazy. I am still selling gold blacksmith tempers for 24-25k and clothing for around 13k.

I refuse to lower prices and for some reason people buy them even though in the next trader they can get them significantly cheaper. I always sell them in stacks of 6 to 25 though so not sure if some people can't compute the math and think it's a good deal or what but they sell.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS TOOK OUR JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS since the One Tamriel update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYPPfXGCBoY

Now almost everyone is BOP instead of BOE.

Zos makes it difficult for us to sell decent stuffs these days.
    Edited by raidentenshu_ESO on October 31, 2016 4:39PM
  • gel214thb14_ESO
    gel214thb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

I'm also in a small guild that usually has a trader out of town, and we sell a lot of provisioning stuff and we do have regular customers that come back each week.

I don't go for the highly priced items when selling. I sell a lot of small things (provisioning, runes, improvers) and they add up.

Think about how awesome if there was a magical Trading Service that allowed you to find what you wanted in any store, and sell to anyone, anywhere.

:|

• Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we will see some changes, when or what I'm not too sure of. Yes bop put a kink in my wallet but I'm sure I can adapt. And yes a search engine for traders would be awsome.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now on xbox NA tempers are 20 to 25k ea, rosin about 8k, wax 12k, they haven't dropped in price, with crafting still lagging, motifs are not top priority either. Most of my upgrade crafting mats are sold to guild mates. Same goes for tri-stat foods and potions. Don't get me wrong I'm still making gold just not as fast. I wonder if I break even on guild fees.
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for search function but only for 1 trader at a time. It would throw out the purpose in having a trader in a prime location if you could search every trader from one location.

Prices will level out and maybe a new market will emerge when housing is released. I personally try to keep a stockpile of almost everything for whenever changes are made or dlc are released since those usually cause pretty large price inflation for certain items.
    You have to adapt to changes in order to constantly sell.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sales are way down despite affordable pricing and good deals on high end equipment .
  • gel214thb14_ESO
    gel214thb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »
    I'm all for search function but only for 1 trader at a time. It would throw out the purpose in having a trader in a prime location if you could search every trader from one location.

That's my point, the whole idea of "trader location" was ridiculous in the first place. I get what they were trying to do, but if I wanted reality I would go shopping downtown and drive to the mall. I got a few hours to play...I don't have time for that stuff.

There must be a way they can merge ease of use of an Auction system as with Guild Wars 2, with the community and guild building of a "Guild Store" that ESO currently has.

It would be a net improvement to sales, the economy, and crafting in general. Your "Trader Location" would reflect in a being first in the listings, for example. So many ways to make it work.

• Nocturnalan
    Nocturnalan
    ✭✭✭
    nine9six wrote: »

Agree completely. Worst part of the entire game.

Also agree, the only thing I get from Guild stores generally is food. Now, if there was a world wide auction house or something I would be all over that.
    Templar Healer PVP/PVE
    Stam/Mag Warden PVP
    MagSorc PVP
    XB1 NA 1100+CP
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Aldmeri Nation on PS4 and can generally find anything I'm looking for, plus all my blue / green set items sell often so long as I keep the inventory stocked for my 30 listings.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All selling but at what price? Are you undercutting others? Im in 4 trading guilds, I would usually log in and have 10 to 15 items sold. Since 1T or witches festival lucky if 2 or 3 items sell. Im sure I could put green and blue gear and recipes for 100 to 300 gold that would sell, but that really doesn't come up to much profit. I am willing to try some other suggestions listed above. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to have the most gold in game or anything. But I do buy a lot of motifs and they get expensive. ON top of that 20k a week in dues, not sure it's worth being in 4 trader guilds.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sales dropped for certain items that was BoE before update and now are npot but many new sets camed up and sales for them are intense in my PC EU guild we have increased sales after OT , because there is lot of new BoE stuff people want to have.
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have noted, alchemical ingredients sell like hotcakes. Sure, it's not "big bucks" from them (well, usually, unless you're talking about Columbine), but those little gold amounts add up quickly.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the better drop sets now? I saw some that are knockoffs of the IE, VO. The other thing is pricing on reagents, hard to know what to sell them for. I've been finding columbine a lot more since 1T, don't know if I've been lucky or if it was intended.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else Is experience a loss in guild trader sales? XBOX NA if it matters. I guess with all the new drop sets and bop is a major factor. Just curious what everyone else is experiencing.

Also depends on where your trader is located. Craglorn may be hot again.
  • Eleusian
    Eleusian
    ✭✭✭
    Sales are good depending on where you are and what your selling. Gold mats always go up when new gear is released. And 1T has ton of new gear driving up the market rite now. I know several newer players (thieves guild or newer) that thought just doing normal trials and selling the gear is how u make money in eso. Time to adapt
    Edited by Eleusian on October 31, 2016 9:47PM
    PS4 NA
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »

Also depends on where your trader is located. Craglorn may be hot again.

Craglorn, eldenroot, orsinium and not sure about the 4th one.