The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heavy Armor Templar Hybrid HP/Magicka PvP Build | "Triple Threat"

Akinos
Akinos
✭✭✭✭✭
534b11671ec64db088075d4126372b44.jpeg
Hello and welcome to the written guide of my latest solo and small group templar PvP build, the Triple Threat!
I made this build in order to suit my own balanced playstyle of being tanky yet still able to burst people down fairly quickly, and with the help of some of the new sets in One Tamriel, it is now possible to do this and still maintain high resource regeneration without sacrificing too much damage or durability or relying on RNG proc sets.

Let's get it started with the top races for this build. Ideally you want a class with some kind of natural magicka sustain, either Breton or High Elf. However I believe that this build would also work well as a Dark Elf or Argonian also, since they both have natural magicka attributes as well as other stats that would help.

Attributes, Mundus Stone choices, stats and which food/drink buffs to use:
44 Magicka | 20 Health | 0 Stamina or 64 Magicka if you have all health glyphs on your plague doctor heavy set.
You may want to have different attributes set, depending on character race, gear enchants and personal preference. The goal should be to have around 30k max magicka and around 40k health or higher.

You can either go with the Thief for higher critical chance or the Atronach for even higher magicka regeneration. I suggest running the Atronach, especially if you plan on using a destruction staff on the offbar. If you do choose to go with Thief, I strongly suggest using the new witches event drink buff.

You have 3 choices of buffs with this build:
Tri-stat purple food
Dual stat blue food(max magicka/health
The new drink introduced during the Witches Festival, which gives max magicka, max health and magicka regeneration.

Here are my stats with the 3 different buffs I mentioned above:
Tri-stat:
1bacbf0b10c54d6696db6381aaf3416d.jpeg
Dual-stat magicka/health
b0e32f394c2a4effb68a84a66f754529.jpeg
Witches drink buff:
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/3eb29ade07014e8c89c113f835e4b2bf.jpeg[/img Another way to do it is with 64 points into magicka and all health glyphs on your plague doctor set.[/img]e2b68f885d234673bd9219d7f08a81c6.jpeg

I usually go with tri-stat or the witches drink.

Gear setup:
5 Heavy pieces of Plague Doctor for the big health boost it gives: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Plague+Doctor+Set which drops in Deshaan.
2 Light pieces of the Slimecraw monster set for the perma 8% boost to all outgoing damage, including Blazing Shield : http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Slimecraw+Set which drops from the last boss in Wayrest Sewers 1. Also gives your characters arms an awesome glow every few seconds. :D
2 sharpened Rattlecage swords with the crusher enchant on one and the weapon/spell damage enchant on the other. and 3 arcane pieces of Rattlecage jewelry for the perma 20% spelldamage boost without the need of spell damage potions or Entropy: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Rattlecage+Setwhich drops from Vaults of Madness.
Rattlecage resto or destruction staff for offbar weapon, precise or defending for resto and sharpened on the destruction staff. If you don't have a Rattlecage staff, any kind of staff would work.

All armor pieces should have max health on them except the monster set, which should of max magicka. Everything should be impen trait.. If you think 7 impen is too much, try doing 2 infused or divines and 5 impen.
On the jewelry you should have all magicka regeneration. If you think the regen is too high or you are really good at managing resources in heavy, a stamina recovery or spell damage glyph will also work well.

Skill bars and potions:
30f19bfb3632405593144a72b0a62990.jpeg
Dual wield sword bar:
1. Toppling Charge: Gap closer, use it get closer to enemies fast and interrupt or knock them down. I like to hit the destro staff ultimate and then charge in to enemy groups.
2. . Puncturing Sweep: Main damage dealing skill with a built in heal and slow debuff. Watch how fast enemies die while they attack your Blazing Shield at the same time you are hitting them with sweeps.
3. Radiant Destruction: When the target enemy gets low on HP, use this to end them quickly.
4. Blazing Shield: The best offensive and defensive skill in this build. With around 40k HP you should have a 7k shield to defend yourself and destroy enemies with simultaneously . The tooltip for Blazing Shield with this build is 74%, which is 8% higher then the average Blazing Shield build, thanks to the dual wield swords and Slimecraw set.
5. Inner Light: This is here for the passive critical chance and max magicka it gives mainly, not so much for the stealth detection it also has when activated. Also gives Empower buff when used.
Ultimate: Either morph of Radial Sweep to be tankier for 10 seconds or to do 66% more damage on targets in front of you.

Resto or destruction staff bar:
d5bf4609bd42489daa30dde6885d421e.jpeg
1. Channeled Focus: Grants physical and spell resist, major mending and causes magicka to regen much faster.
2. Extended Ritual: Removes 5 debuffs, grants major mending and heals you while you stand in it.
3. This is an extra spot, you can pretty much put anything here, doesn't have to be blazing spear.
4. Some kind of heal should be here, honor the dead, BoL or if you use a resto staff, healing ward.
5. Mist form: Get from point A to point B quicker if you happen to get stuck in combat, or you want to attempt to get out of a bad situation. Channeled focus will still regen magicka while in mist form. You can also still damage people while in mist form with prox det, bat swarm or the destro ult.
Ultimate: Eye of flame, will most likely melt everything around you. Especially when used in conjunction with Blazing Shield. Using the destro ult first and then use something like vamp drain or some kind of stun or slow on somebody to lock them down so that they get hit by more ult ticks is another good idea.
Ultimate if using a resto staff: Bats or meteor work pretty well here.

The best potions to use are tri-potions and some kind of immovable potion.

CP Allocation(561 points):
This is the allocation that I use most of the time, you may want more or less points in things, depending on personal preference.

Tower: 100 into Magician
Lover: 48 into Arcanist
Shadow: 22 into Tumbling and 17 into Shadow Ward.

Apprentice: 48 into Elfborn, 2 into Spell Erosion and 100 into Elemental Expert.
Atronach: None.
Ritual: 37 into Thaumaturge.

Steed: 37 into Resistant
Lady: 48 into Hardy and 48 into Elemental Defender
Lord: 54 into Bastion

Being a vampire is a must for this build as it increases survival rate and increase both stamina and magicka regeneration, as well as giving access to the vampire line of skills.

I suggest watching the video and reading this guide:
https://youtu.be/MPJTRwzcfXY
Also sorry for the last minute or so, the video broke somehow, but the audio is there, which is the important part :P.

New video of the fully finished build:
https://youtu.be/KGAcfYe1f9c

Any questions about the build or any ideas on how it can be improved? Feel free to post here or whisper me ingame on the NA-PC server @majestic862.

Good luck out there, fellow templars!
Edited by Akinos on November 7, 2016 1:46AM
PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP!
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice build. My issue with blazing shield builds has always been that they are usually weak against anyone smart enough not to pop their shield. Your setup has a decently strong blazing shield while also maintaining enough attack power that ignoring you won't work. Good job.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    OP!
    :D
    Very nice build. My issue with blazing shield builds has always been that they are usually weak against anyone smart enough not to pop their shield. Your setup has a decently strong blazing shield while also maintaining enough attack power that ignoring you won't work. Good job.
    Thanks Tim! My goal was to have the best of both worlds in one solid build, I'm happy I was able to make it work finally :D
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honor the dead won't keep many people alive. I would go BOL and a little higher regen.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honor the dead won't keep many people alive. I would go BOL and a little higher regen.

Depends on what you want. Honor the dead nets you 60% of the cost back every 2 seconds for 8 seconds.

BoL only heals you and another target for half health.

Both cost the same base Magicka, and unless you are a full healer/support, the regen mechanic is more important of a morph.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting build OP, nicely done.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please please make a written version :)

WIth sugar ontop?

I prefer written info... also can't watch videos at work.

But very interested. Im considering another alt and your thread calls to me
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 1, 2016 9:11PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please please make a written version :)

WIth sugar ontop?

I prefer written info... also can't watch videos at work.

But very interested. Im considering another alt and your thread calls to me

It'll come after I get another Omens Edge sword from VoM, if anybody on PC NA wants to help me farm one :)
    The build in the video isn't as refined as the final build will be. I'm also still testing out different variations of the build too. Some people that saw my video have been telling me they are trying different things out too, using the hybrid hp/magicka idea.
    Edited by Akinos on November 1, 2016 11:51PM
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread updated with the written guide, as promised. :smile:
    Edited by Akinos on November 5, 2016 12:41PM
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another video of this build in action....lol.
    https://youtu.be/KGAcfYe1f9c
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! I've read it a few times now... thank you again. Got me thinking it has >:)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • duuude9192b14_ESO
    duuude9192b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Outstanding player and build. Great setup that truly exemplifies ingenuity and adaptation for staying strong in a new patch. Job well done, Akinos.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! I've read it a few times now... thank you again. Got me thinking it has >:)

You're welcome!
    Outstanding player and build. Great setup that truly exemplifies ingenuity and adaptation for staying strong in a new patch. Job well done, Akinos.

Patrick! You're words, they give me the warm and fuzzy feeling inside. Many thanks, friend :)
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good stuff. I have a pretty similar setup on my Templar.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I just wanted to add final got to watch your video. It's really refreshing to see a bad @$! 1vX like that, and actually have some high levels in the mix. Rather impressive, kudos
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Good stuff. I have a pretty similar setup on my Templar.

Good to hear!
    Hey I just wanted to add final got to watch your video. It's really refreshing to see a bad @$! 1vX like that, and actually have some high levels in the mix. Rather impressive, kudos

Thanks Waff, feelsgoodman ^_^
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    10/10

Have you considered running 5 burning spellweave in place of the rattlecage? Then you can benefit from structured entropy's hp bonus on your blazing shield bar and with destro ulti + WoE will give you more burst and you'll still have similar baseline damage
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    10/10

Have you considered running 5 burning spellweave in place of the rattlecage? Then you can benefit from structured entropy's hp bonus on your blazing shield bar and with destro ulti + WoE will give you more burst and you'll still have similar baseline damage

I thought about other sets, including burning spellweave, I'd have to give up something on my bar to do so, not sure what I would take off my main bar. I'm too used to inner light, lol. That I don't have a set of burning spellweave yet, nor am I a fan of RNG proc sets ><

I also threw together a half assed light armor version of this build a few days ago that worked pretty well, gotta try it again now that I've got some more gear.
    Edited by Akinos on November 6, 2016 1:34AM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a great tree hugging build or 1v1 or 1v2 where both are melee. Unfortunately, with 1.7k regen, you won't be using blazing shield AND Jabs very long and will have to take your pick on which to use.

Of course pots, los, work to buy time for regen. But in opened ground, and when people actually attack you rather than throw something at you here and there bc your kiting around a tree, 1.7k won't cut it bc your shield is weak with only 41k HP.

I do like how you can't be ignored though. That's a bs builds weakness. And low regen. Gonna do a similar build for a duel tournament my guild has. PD plus soulshine.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes, use infernal guardian instead too. Will be a lot of fun

Edit: forgot you don't like proc sets.
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on November 6, 2016 12:57PM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niceee! Also kudos for using Stranger Things soundtrack in build video.

Oh btw, what are those glyphs on rings giving reduced magicka cost and regen? o_O
    Edited by Soris on November 6, 2016 3:03PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a great tree hugging build or 1v1 or 1v2 where both are melee. Unfortunately, with 1.7k regen, you won't be using blazing shield AND Jabs very long and will have to take your pick on which to use.

Of course pots, los, work to buy time for regen. But in opened ground, and when people actually attack you rather than throw something at you here and there bc your kiting around a tree, 1.7k won't cut it bc your shield is weak with only 41k HP.

I do like how you can't be ignored though. That's a bs builds weakness. And low regen. Gonna do a similar build for a duel tournament my guild has. PD plus soulshine.

The 1700 regen in the video was with the thief mundus. The opening fight in the build video was with only 1700 regen. 1700 is still enough if you use a resto staff also or have good pot usage. I'm actually used to playing with less regen then that. :)
    7k is a plenty strong shield, and it is enough to negate the damage of at least one proc set and deal 7k+ return damage also. Anything more then 40-45k hp on a BS build is pointless imo.
    Soris wrote: »
    Niceee! Also kudos for using Stranger Things soundtrack in build video.

Oh btw, what are those glyphs on rings giving reduced magicka cost and regen? o_O

Thats a visual bug. It only gives regen. I forgot to mention that in the video, I'm pretty sure replacing the glyph on any dungeon drop jewelry will cause it to show both glyphs, but only the one you put on yourself will take effect.
    Edited by Akinos on November 6, 2016 4:49PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you did only have a few people on you. Most people aren't trying to have attacks that hurt other than bs, and they want to jump in a pile of 10 people and spam shield. With 10 people hitting you, you need to spam a 10k shield non stop. 1.7 doesn't allow that constantly. There is no time to heavy resto when 5 or more GOOD people are hitting you.

But that's not your build. I actually love it, when most people think bs Templar they think bs is Thier only form of dps, and that's not the case with your build. Good job.

You should try this with soulshine instead of rattle cage and slot structured entropy on your dps bar. You'll do better sweeps, better shield due to slightly more HP. Although i don't know if I've seen unique soulshine rings you can get the reduced cost enchant to stay on when you enchant with mag regen. Why is that doing this btw? You know?
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, you did only have a few people on you. Most people aren't trying to have attacks that hurt other than bs, and they want to jump in a pile of 10 people and spam shield. With 10 people hitting you, you need to spam a 10k shield non stop. 1.7 doesn't allow that constantly. There is no time to heavy resto when 5 or more GOOD people are hitting you.

But that's not your build. I actually love it, when most people think bs Templar they think bs is Thier only form of dps, and that's not the case with your build. Good job.

You should try this with soulshine instead of rattle cage and slot structured entropy on your dps bar. You'll do better sweeps, better shield due to slightly more HP. Although i don't know if I've seen unique soulshine rings you can get the reduced cost enchant to stay on when you enchant with mag regen. Why is that doing this btw? You know?

I'm pretty sure sweeps isn't being buffed by Soulshine at the moment? Or did they fix it?
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If I have 5 or more good players attacking me at once, chances are I'll die regardless of how big my shield is.. I'm trying out rattlecage and soulshine together atm, so far so good.
    Edited by Akinos on November 6, 2016 11:25PM
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently it is only a tooltip bug. Puncturing sweeps deffinetly feels as strong as as it should with soulshine
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure sweeps isn't being buffed by Soulshine at the moment? Or did they fix it?

Soul shine 100% works on sweeps, just doesn't change tooltip
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Soul shine 100% works on sweeps, just doesn't change tooltip

That is good to know.

I updated the attribute section of the guide too, guys.
    Edited by Akinos on November 7, 2016 2:26AM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it definitely improves it.

I use crafted heavy julianos and soulshine weapons and jewellery.

Sitting at 32k hp, 33.5k magicka, 1600 regen. Forget the spell damage. Hit a 15.3k dark flare yesterday. Soul shine is the bomb.

Been thinking of doing a heavy kags with it and running blazing shield with it. 34k health isn't a great shield but it helps and will add more burst. Dreaming of a 5k skoria 5k sweeps 5k bs 3k burning light combo.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice, good info to know!