Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What's a good way to test dps?

humpalicous
humpalicous
✭✭✭
Hey folks,

What are your favorite methods of testing single target dps? I'm testing out some combos to see what provides the best damage, but can't seem to find a good place to test it out.

Some help? :) thanks!
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bloodspawn in Spindleclutch II is the standard form what I recall.

Just need a healer and tank.
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Be sure to have the same buffs / debuffs on each test, or else you will get different results, eventhough your rotation and gear are the same. Also have in mind, if you do on bloodspawn, you prob will have way higher spellpowercure and combat prayer buff then you will have in any trial. Also for example, my kragh 2 piece do 3k dps on bloodspawn, but vary from 1,7k and 2,5k in vmol, depends on how much movement and ressing I do.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • nick_dean14
    nick_dean14
    ✭✭✭
    On consoles our guild tests against Slimecraw in veteran wayrest sewers 1. You just need a tank to use the ranged taunt and stand there blocking, then time how long it takes to kill him.

There's no big AOE attacks, so you don't need a healer to babysit you and he's right at the start of the dungeon as well, so it's really fast to try.
    Guildmaster of Tamriel Trials Team. A PvE focused dungeons and trials guild on the PS4 EU server.
    Check out our thread if you're interested in joining!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if you are on PC, find boss monsters, or at least a troll or mamoth and use for example FTC addon, or Combat Metrics addon
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blood Spawn in Vet Spindle II is the most accurate, as 3 million health is perfect for sustain-DPS testing. Slimecraw in Vet Wayrest Sewers I is also pretty good. :)
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Storm Atro in normal AA.