The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Banished Cells 2 High Kinlord's dps high?

sirston
sirston
✭✭✭✭✭
Other day was running as a "tank" in a pug group Never ends well ends up im running with, two 130cp's and a 600cp healer. So im fine with that.
In all im dps and Tanking Not hard for a DK. Get to the last boss and was blocking and getting high kinlord's attention getting him down to 50%; then Boom I go down pretty much instant..Hvjfy8P.png
Is the damage from his hits this hard all the time?
Didnt finish boss since group worried more about dps then getting there tank back up.....
Edited by sirston on October 26, 2016 6:44AM
Whitestakes Revenge
WoodElf Mag-Warden
Sirston
Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
Pride Of The Pact
Vehemence
The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the curse damage so that damage was damage over time. When you fly up in the air in a bubble when you come down you have to cleanse the curse in the red or blue pool depending on what colour the bubble you flew up in was. At over 300k damage you had that curse for a while and you had a good healer to keep you up through that without you noticing the DoT.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the curse damage so that damage was damage over time. When you fly up in the air in a bubble when you come down you have to cleanse the curse in the red or blue pool depending on what colour the bubble you flew up in was. At over 300k damage you had that curse for a while and you had a good healer to keep you up through that without you noticing the DoT.

Exactly this ^
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add to the poster above, it looks like you had both curses on you and had them uncleansed for quite some time. I probably wouldn't rez you either, but I'd likely mention the mechanics to you after the wipe so you knew to go to the pools after you get raised in the air. Without the damage from those 2 dots, you would have been fine. Massive credit to the healer that kept you up through that for so long.
    Edited by redspecter23 on October 26, 2016 6:58AM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add to the poster above, it looks like you had both curses on you and had them uncleansed for quite some time. I probably wouldn't rez you either, but I'd likely mention the mechanics to you after the wipe so you knew to go to the pools after you get raised in the air. Without the damage from those 2 dots, you would have been fine. Massive credit to the healer that kept you up through that for so long.

Good point I only looked at the 300k damage but the 60k damage was the other curse.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Massive credit to the healer that kept you up through that for so long.

This.
    Its actually very impressive.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow...u got good healer
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't cleanse the effects in the appropriate shrine on each side of the room (the floor color matches the bubble color), they will not clear until you are dead (even if Rilis dies, in my experience). You can't clear it with Purge or the Templar cleansing ability, either.

I managed to keep a DPS alive through both curses once. He swore up and down he knew the mechanics and wouldn't listen to anyone saying otherwise, he has 501+ CP and knew the game better than us, etc, so there was no way to convince him to cleanse them.

The other DPS and our tank periodically cast Vigor on him too because at that point it was absolutely hilarious. After Rilis was dead he ran around in a panic trying to figure out why his health was still dropping after the fight ended. (I guess the status doesn't clear when Rilis dies for some reason?) He still had the red and blue visual cues swirling around him, too.

We laughed at his plight for a while before he apologized about his rudeness cutting us off before, so we finally told him how to cleanse them both. Perhaps it was mean of us, but I'll bet his future PUG partners have benefitted from the lesson he learned that night. Plus we still got our gold key.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS