The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

SO: Possessed Manticore question

Milvan
Milvan
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello comrades,

I'm going to bring up some first timers for normal SO, concerning the first boss fight, does the des black holes appear on normal? I know it's possible burn him down very fast but I'm not sure if these first timer will have the dps. Also, since post-DB patch I don't see those holes on normal mode. If anyone could clarify that to me.
“Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For giggles I was seeing if my tank could self sustain on him alone. Eventually got bored after 6 or 7 minutes and let it kill me, but never saw a hole. This was yesterday.
    Options
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    For giggles I was seeing if my tank could self sustain on him alone. Eventually got bored after 6 or 7 minutes and let it kill me, but never saw a hole. This was yesterday.

LOL Okay, ty!

They really dumb things down on normal, they could at least keep the mechanics to train the new players for the vet content.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

LOL Okay, ty!

They really dumb things down on normal, they could at least keep the mechanics to train the new players for the vet content.

I agree with that. Some of the biggest problems for PvE content right now is that normal mode is a far leap from veteran mode. And it doesn't surprise me that Vet has more mech than normal: Look at maelstrom lol
    Options
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can absolutely confirm, no holes on normal, just the popcorn.

I wish there was an option to activate a "Hardmode" on normal to add in the mechanics of veteran non-hardmode.
    Or a medium difficulty, with veteran mechanics and tougher than normal but easier than veteran.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Options
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    I can absolutely confirm, no holes on normal, just the popcorn.

I wish there was an option to activate a "Hardmode" on normal to add in the mechanics of veteran non-hardmode.
    Or a medium difficulty, with veteran mechanics and tougher than normal but easier than veteran.

They actually have that now on a few games just before entering the arena you can select an option to reward you with better rewards upon clearing.

Come to think of it, it's like ESO reading the book on dailies to activate hard mode it's honestly not a terrrible idea however it would easily become abused.

Imagine people running through normal all the way till last boss... activate hard mode (for the loot they really wanted).

Issues there.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

Options