Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dodge-rolling trolling (make gap-closers non-dodgeable again)

Baphomet
Baphomet
✭✭✭✭✭
In the current build, it is possible for stam-builds to troll a vast number of players the very same way that bolt-sorcs used to do. The only semi-effective counter we have is the jesus beam. In order to take some OP'edness out of the currently OP stam-builds, please make it so that gap closers cannot be dodged again. The speed, mobility and elusiveness stam-builds have these days is simply rediculous, and the game really needs a solid counter-mechanism again.

Thank you!
- The Psijic Order
- TKO
- Dominant Dominion
- The Noore
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    thumbsdown.png Sorry i disagree. Un-dodge-able gap closer's just makes it easier to zerg down players. If anything we need a gap closer immunity so you can only be gap closed by one person per 1-2 seconds. In my opinion pvp would be a lot more fun if we had gap closer immunity. How is 5 people gap closing you to death fun? I'd much rather only 1 person have the chance at closing the gap, then 4 others try to either shoot me from range or run up on me to strike. Then you can actually make strategic decisions (block/dodge), instead we just get instantly melted by 5 gap closers at the same time.

We should also get rid of that gap-closer snare while were at it.

Also you need to remember, stamina used to have regen while blocking, sprinting and while moving in stealth. We also have an increased roll dodge cost. Stamina is nothing like they used to be. I hardly even do any of these things i'm suppose to do with stamina because its pointless. I used to be a roll dodge, sprinting machine who actively blocked attacks. Now i do none of that because it restricts my stamina. I just stack into healing and use my magicka utility skills to get the job done. Stamina is hardly stamina anymore...

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on October 25, 2016 9:22AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Classic thread balance requests. Balancing "OP STAM BUILDS" by nerfing "EVERY STAM BUILDS" is not *** solution.
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    In the current build, it is possible for stam-builds to troll a vast number of players the very same way that bolt-sorcs used to do. The only semi-effective counter we have is the jesus beam. In order to take some OP'edness out of the currently OP stam-builds, please make it so that gap closers cannot be dodged again. The speed, mobility and elusiveness stam-builds have these days is simply rediculous, and the game really needs a solid counter-mechanism again.

Thank you!

Disagree. Gap closers already bring a player to nearly 100% snare until the gap closer hits, which is ridiculous enough.
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternately, you should not be able to evade attacks for 0.4 - 0.5 seconds after executing a roll. Only during the rolling animation itself. Some tweaking definately needs to be done. Maybe even make consecutive dodge-rolling stack in cost like bolt escape.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alternately, you should not be able to evade attacks for 0.4 - 0.5 seconds after executing a roll. Only during the rolling animation itself. Some tweaking definately needs to be done. Maybe even make consecutive dodge-rolling stack in cost like bolt escape.
    In which patch do you live? We already have anoying stacking dodge costs, making it very hard to dodge multiple times for magicka builds.
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on October 25, 2016 10:24AM
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge rolling is powerful and very powerful for stamina builds but it already saps your stamina and forces you to juggle your resources as a stamina build.

Changes like this would likely just make things harder on magic builds ultimately.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Un-dodge-able gap closer's just makes it easier to zerg down players. If anything we need a gap closer immunity so you can only be gap closed by one person per 1-2 seconds. In my opinion pvp would be a lot more fun if we had gap closer immunity. How is 5 people gap closing you to death fun?

Gap closer immunity. I like.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would mind seeing the gap closers range get pinched from like 25 yards to 8 yards.

• Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I vote no on this Stam already is favored enough if anything increase the costs per dodge roll again
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1 for gap closer immunity. As a magnb, I already have to deal with getting gap closed while trying to cloak; don't take away my option to try dodge rolling into cloak in an attempt to save my *** :lol:.

Imo, something needs to be done with major evasion. Whether it's removing it or reducing the duration, I don't know. But as it is now, it's turned pvp into stam and j-beam land.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently Xv1 isn't easy enough yet :D
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about no.
    Those undodgable gap closers were stupid you'd be rooted to the spot before the person even reached you and then its a billion other cc's all at once and you're permanently rooted in place even after breaking out.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on, I think I already wrote a response about this....ah here we go
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Don't forget the final step:

Make nerf threads for the counters to your build

If that kinky DK keeps whipping you through your infinite dodge roll build, tell on them to Wrobel!

If that troll sorc manages to blink you out of resources as you crit rush spam to keep up, tell on them to Wrobel!

If you went into that Templar's house and like it was like bad for you, tell on them to Wrobel!

If that NB two shot you with incapac combo then too bad, cuz Wrobel's a NB!
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm strongly against any kind of buff to gapclosers.

And no, I don't need to explain why.
    EU | PC
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another "I had difficulties in pvp and now i need to rant" threads......when will this end??
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If anything its the gap closers that need cost stack so that people cant run around like Flash
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't tell is serious or trolling.... -_-

The OP is not aware that dodge rolling already has a consecutive dodge rolling stack in cost. This is a perfect example of someone making a nerf/buff thread about a mechanic/ability that they do not understand.

@Baphomet Making gap closers undodgable would give the zerg an even larger advantage than it already has...because, you know, it's a zerg. You have a 10 vs. 1 scenario, and you want to give the 10 an even easier time killing the 1? The 10 already have free damage mitigation just for existing thanks to AOE caps.

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gap closer? Is that the Templar skill that never ever seems to do anything except make me waste Magicka while doing some funny pose?
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Gap closer? Is that the Templar skill that never ever seems to do anything except make me waste Magicka while doing some funny pose?
    Why would you want to leave the house that Wrobel built?
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Proc sets have eminent domain...
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah when you got a proc infestation in yo house its time to get out! Lol
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gap closers are already immune to dodge roll. I gap-close on dodge rollers all the time....

OHHH! You want the OP gap-close damage to also go through dodge-roll immunity.

Seriously, both gap closers and dodge roll are "over-tuned" IMO. Making one of them more powerful at the expense of the other is not going to help
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me when im trying to hit someone with my bow=> dodged, dodged, dodged, dodged, dodged

Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I strongly disagree with the OP. I think dodge roll is in a really great balance spot and has more than enough counters. If anything the cost penalty ramps up too fast.

If you want to talk about passive dodge a la Major Evasion needing a nerf, then I will agree because that garbage needs to go.

Get rid of passive dodge and buff active roll dodge IMO.
  • Awakatanka
    Awakatanka
    ✭✭

Thank you!

No need for it.

If the classes do what they are build for.

If you build a healer/debuff/tank class you are not build to do high dps. If you build to do high dps you are a glass canon. But eso has it done wrong atm
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should remove all skill except for one. That skill will be "Snare". It's basically a reality. Don't make gap closers undodgable.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like you enjoy Xv1'ing people.....
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to remove the only universal counter to gap closers? It's not just stam builds that need to dodge gap closers. As a magsorc I find streak isn't enough to shake off gap closer spam, so I like to dodge roll between streaks. Gap closers should remain dodgeable else where is the counter play? Dodging is expensive for magicka players. Maybe the availability/cost of major evasion needs looking at.
    PC | EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even streak + dodge roll isn't helpful. They still close the gap though the damage doesn't hit. The gap closers are even cheaper so you'll run outta magicka/stam long before them.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for gap closer immunity. As a magnb, I already have to deal with getting gap closed while trying to cloak; don't take away my option to try dodge rolling into cloak in an attempt to save my *** :lol:.

Imo, something needs to be done with major evasion. Whether it's removing it or reducing the duration, I don't know. But as it is now, it's turned pvp into stam and j-beam land.

You have access to major evasion yourself as a magicka nb