The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patching issues

Stovahkiin
Stovahkiin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey all, I've been gone for a little while and I tried to install a patch today, but once it finishes downloading the patch an error comes up saying, "Unable to decompress patch manifest data" and then it basically tells me to run game consultant and repair if necessary. I tried repairing but it eventually tries to get me to download 30+ gigs, which just isn't an option for me at the moment due to my internet. I've never had this error before but I did recently have to reinstall my version of Windows and then moved my ESO files over. Anyone know of any fixes for this that don't involve a full repair?
Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Patch Manifest Error is the most useless frustrating error message out there, as you typically do not need to do anything about it. I can't count how many times I have ignored it and launched the game anyway. If you really want it to go away, repeatedly open and close the Launcher until the error goes away, no repair needed.

Since you downloaded the patch already, you probably have it. So, find the EXE in Program Files (X86)/ZOS/..../eso64.exe (not sure about the exact file directory, but you should be able to find it in Program Files(X86) and see if you can launch the game directly from there without getting the Version mismatch error. If you can launch and log in, then your all set. Make a shortcut to the exe on the desktop and use that to launch the game.

If this works for you, close the Launcher and never touch it again unless it's Patch day, then only for patching. If it ever gives you the manifest error message again, you know you can ignore it.
    Edited by Nestor on October 24, 2016 8:35PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just tried it for the 3rd or 4th time before I read your post and it finally worked without giving me any errors, but now it says I'm missing something called "D3DCompiler_43.dll" when I try to start, I guess this just isn't my day lol. I'll see if I can fix it, if I do then I'll edit this post saying so.

*edit* nope, still doesn't work ;(
    I press play in the launcher and nothing happens, the button usually stays blue and no error messages or anything come up. And if I try to run directly from ESO.exe then it just crashes :\
    Edited by Stovahkiin on October 24, 2016 10:46PM
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!