The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

1t magblade DPS gear?

pcar944
pcar944
✭✭✭✭
I've been farming ICP for Scathing Mage forever, finally got a ring, 5 pc Divines - really hoped to get that Sharpened staff to drop - but not yet, deconed one by mistake

anyway, this is a 5pc I want to use - I am CP capped - Undaunted 9 - currently using a version of Deltia's build with Julianos/Nerenieth/Willpower

my question is, should I try to use a Monster and try to keep Undaunted 9?

would Magblade with Scathing Mage benefit form having another 5pc instead like Spinner or Mothers Sorrow (I have both full sets already)

thanks
One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Test it yourself. I'd think Scathing would benefit from mothers sorrow crit chance but there's also tbs. And would you lose too much elsewhere. Willpower is deceptively strong. I think spinners is only gonna be good for solo play or pvp.
    Edited by ryanborror on October 24, 2016 11:45PM
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently in the process of testing this myself with 5pc Scathing and 5pc Sad Mama (Mother's Sorrow). I'm still working on getting the last couple of pieces in the right traits. My biggest concern here is not whether or not the increased crit will outpace the Monster Helm. I'm fairly confident that it will outpace Nerien'th and Skoria, but probably not Grothdarr. Grothdarr will likely outperform the increased crit from Sad Mama, but requires us to be melee, and there are some pretty firm constraints on the number of melee allowable for clean runs in vMoL.

The real question here is whether or not the increased crit will outpace both 2pc Monster Helm and Minor Slayer (for the record, 3pc Infal or Moondancer is better than 3pc Willpower). I don't have the answer for you yet.
    Edited by Autolycus on October 25, 2016 6:40PM
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vorcil wrote: »
    what's your dps?

guess I need FTC or something to tell, I don't have it installed, cause constant bug messages keep popping up
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...