The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to Weave Attacks. Abilities slow or not firing - Xbox 1 NA

SwaminoNowlino
SwaminoNowlino
✭✭✭✭✭
Since Friday afternoon my guild mates and I have noticed that light attack weaving with staves is broken. Note that I am referring to pressing light attack, hitting an ability, then releasing the attack button. This form of weaving has worked since I've played the game. This is also compounded by the fact that abilities are slow to fire if they fire at all. Power surge and lightning form are the two chief offenders of this that I have noticed.

Tried different controllers. Not the controller. Checked my internet connection because the lag has also been insane. 75mbs download. Game is barely playable from a dps perspective. Asked around different zones and guilds and others are noticing this same problem.

Can trace this performance issue to the hotfix for maw. Don't know why this would have changed anything with abilities.

@Wrobel @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Finn
Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
- And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say this is due to the hot fix for maw. My magicka sorc has always had issues properly executing weaves and bar swap cancels since Orsinium dropped
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped playing my magblade, because for some reason swallow soul just refuses to weave correctly. The light attack barely goes off unless I do the light attack completely after the animation of swallow soul has finishes (obviously on the second rotation). The whole thing feels clunky and slow.
    Edited by Alucardo on October 23, 2016 8:50PM
  • C4Bliss
    C4Bliss
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem on xbox eu. weaving is impossible (medium and light) and most of the time you can't swap bars... mostly happens on mag characters. It also only seems to happen in dungeons and trials.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pepper8Jack don't necessarily think it's related to the hotfix aside from the timing. It was bad for a while after dark brotherhood I believe. Nifty has.a 30 page long thread about that. I quit playing mag characters after that update. With the stam meta, I have been playing mag characters more and more. The majority of my time in One Tamriel has been on a magicka character. Friday night was the first time I noticed the issue in a big way. My weave wasn't firing at all and I was unable to do anything but light attack. Also noticed I kept dying because surge wasn't firing.

@c4bliss that's why I tagged @ZOS_Finn. I can sometimes weave open world but in a dungeon or trial instance it just doesn't work.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I find block cancelling helps to keep the rhythm going and prevent getting stuck in HA animation, at least on medium weaves, but this doesn't help if you're taking damage cos it will just drain your stam. Liquid lightening has been difficult to bar swap cancel for a few patches. Just straight weaving is definitely problematic though, moreso since update 12; my char gets stuck in all the animations.
    PC | EU
  • Fallewarrior
    Fallewarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have exactly the same problem on my mageblade. After a heavy attack u sometimes can't use a skill for 1-2 seconds.
    Medium attack weaving barely works, only if you do it really slow. Sometimes the combat gets really clunky and slow..
    Takes all the fun away and dps goes to ***..

Please fix these weird destro staff attack bugs..
    Hocus Pocus Grim Focus
    -Fallen | TICK TOCK TORMENTERR | IMMORTAL MEMERR | GRYPHON HEART
    HODOR!

Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)

PC/EU
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    I stopped playing my magblade, because for some reason swallow soul just refuses to weave correctly. The light attack barely goes off unless I do the light attack completely after the animation of swallow soul has finishes (obviously on the second rotation). The whole thing feels clunky and slow.
    This. It was discussed extensively on the forums with at least one thread having video evidence. This was around the time Dark Brotherhood was released, which is when I also noticed it was really bad with weaving on my magnbs.

Here's that thread I mentioned https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/269046/light-attacking-is-broken-and-animation-priority TLDR: Tons of people noticed issues with light attack weaving especially magicka nbs weaving with swallow soul and staves. After a couple of months of everyone wanting answers and discussing what was going on, ZOS shut it down and never gave any answers :neutral:.
  • Fallewarrior
    Fallewarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_KaiSchober

Can we please get an update. The previous thread was shutdown without us ever getting an answer..
    This currently seriously impacts Mageblades. Tho other classes also suffer but not as badly.
    Hocus Pocus Grim Focus
    -Fallen | TICK TOCK TORMENTERR | IMMORTAL MEMERR | GRYPHON HEART
    HODOR!

Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)

PC/EU