Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dk in solo play?

Ardelli
Ardelli
I was wondering are dks any good in solo pve? Its the only class I havent tried and dont know much about them. Which is better in solo pve, magicka or stamina? What skills I should use? Im also curious about being a werewolf, does that work in pve?

Thanks in advance!
Edited by Ardelli on October 23, 2016 3:48PM

Best Answers

• kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardelli wrote: »
    I was wondering are dks any good in solo pve? Its the only class I havent tried and dont know much about them. Which is better in solo pve, magicka or stamina? What skills I should use? Im also curious about being a werewolf, does that work in pve?

Thanks in advance!

DKs are just as good in solo PVE as anyone else imo. You may notice a difference in solo content as hard as vMA, but other than that, I doubt you'll notice any difference.

Magicka DKs have Burning Embers, one of my favorite abilities in game. It's a high damage DoT that heals based on duration applied, similar to how Rally works with it's healing.

Stamina DKs have the best DoTs off all stamina classes and can be really resilient with a 1H/Shield bar.

Most important aspect of soloing is not your class, or preferred resource type, but making sure you have a good balance of damage, mitigation, and healing. This can be achieved with any class, magicka or stamina.

Answer ✓
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I main a light armor magDK, and play solo quite a bit. The sustain is really good in my opinion. You have plenty of self heals. Burning embers is great for single target heals, and draw essence can keep you alive while standing right in the center of a huge group of ads. As for damage you have amazing dots, and can medium weave force pulse with a destro staff or spam lava whip. In a trials environment, DKs can pull pretty amazing DPS numbers. Out of my 7 characters, my magDK is the funnest to play. Can't wait for the upcoming buffs I hear people mentioning.
    Answer ✓
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to specifically solo, I'd recommend magicka over stamina.
    The only way to heal as stamina is via Vigor and Rally.

Magicka DKs on the other hand have plenty of Restration staff abilites if you choose to equip it.

Even if you don't, there are class abilities which are all magicka:
    Flame Lash (main DPS skill) heals you if you hit an off-balance target
    Burning Embers is also a DPS skill, and heals you for tons
    Coagulationg Blood heals you for 33% of missing health (granted, this does not gain power with spell damage and magicka)
    Deep Breath or Draw Essence - a great skill that is greatly overlooked. DB interrupts 6 nearby targets, deals damage, heals you for each target hit and deals big damage after a short time period. A must have for solo DKs.

All in all, it is your preference that will decide, as someone said... everything can be done by and class if you build it properly.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Answer ✓
  • Ardelli
    Ardelli
    I guess ill go with stam dk. Not sure if i should go with 1h/dw. Found pretty nice build. But 1h+shield is pretty tempting too :)
  • Ardelli
    Ardelli
    Thanks for the replies! Dubhliam changed my mind, gonna make a magdk tonight :)