The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

XBOX performance issues since One Tamriel

Enigmatic
Enigmatic
✭✭✭
Absolutely loving the One Tamriel update but experiencing a number of performance issues since the update on XBOX NA
  • Lag or framerate drops significantly in dungeons, particularly at the point where the boss fight is about to end and the boss is going to die. As soon as boss fight is over game performance returns until next boss fight
  • Extremely slow response times when using crafting tables or merchant in busy location such as R'wlaka. Assuming this is due to increase in population and the presence of people duelling nearby
  • Increased instances of invisible assets and NPC plus shadows for other players. Stuff is taking a long time to load in again
  • Even though PVP is relatively empty still experiencing random freezes of game and crashing. This is always followed by being unable to log back into the game on the character that crashed. Have to leave for a period of time (e.g. overnight) before being able to log back in only to have same problem happen again
  • Random crashing of sound then game freezing having to quit game and relog
  • Being able to revive people in dungeons/trials appears to be more difficult. The prompt to be able to interact with other players for revive or even trade seems to be harder to bring up on screen and be keep present long enough to action

@ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom are any of these known issues that will be fixed soon?
  • Enigmatic
    Enigmatic
    ✭✭✭
    Will also add into this that I experienced huge frame rate drops in AA following the update. Occurs going right at the second split.

Further encounter with frame rate drop at the split boss and also the final boss.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep crashing when Vet the last two days while playing and while logging into a character. It's irritating.

Just crashed during the last Vet boss after a hard reset.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Myself and my wife who now plays, have experienced at least 2 crashes a night on each of our consoles. Most of the time these crashes take place in major cities next to crafting stations.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it gets later in the night and the population increases, I also notice more lag issues.
  • Dalglish
    Dalglish
    ✭✭✭
    Vet Trials are now not disconnecting us as much but the latency is probably twice as bad as before.

Hopefully after a few maintenance windows, this lag may subside but not too sure what will change.
    Victrix EU - EP & AD -
    Xbox EU - DalglishUK
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problems.

In addition, I've been seeing the game freezing, audio included, and then my Xbox's fan is like a vacuum cleaner. This never happened before and started after One Tamriel. Any other game runs smoothly, but ESO in crowded cities is making the Xbox fan go crazy and crashing.

I don't even want to discuss PvP... Cyrodiil is basically unplayable for me.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hugocbp wrote: »

In addition, I've been seeing the game freezing, audio included, and then my Xbox's fan is like a vacuum cleaner. This never happened before and started after One Tamriel. Any other game runs smoothly, but ESO in crowded cities is making the Xbox fan go crazy and crashing.

Cyrodil is the same for me. Crashes every time I'm in the middle of fending off a giant battle! Loud buzz...screen freezes...and then fade to black...:( Next time that happens though, log in as another character, logout, and then log back in with the character that froze and it'll get you back in sooner. Worked for me a few times...
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gp1680 wrote: »

Cyrodil is the same for me. Crashes every time I'm in the middle of fending off a giant battle! Loud buzz...screen freezes...and then fade to black...:( Next time that happens though, log in as another character, logout, and then log back in with the character that froze and it'll get you back in sooner. Worked for me a few times...

Yeah, I discovered that a long time ago... I was in the middle of a huge fight that would give me a huge AP tick when I crashed and couldn't log back in. Then I gave up and logged into my alt, but I wanted so much to finish the fight that tried the first one again and it worked.

Now everytime I get disconneted I don't even try to log in the same char. I just log in my alt and immediatly go back to my main.

But regarding your freezes, have you noticed your XBOX fans spinning like crazy when those freezes happen?
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all the same issues as the OP, plus:
    - I am guaranteed a crash if I attempt to use the die station in Dashaan
    - Direfrost Keep is extremely laggy, plus guaranteed to freeze if I cast Pulsar once inside
    - the sound issue is back, requiring me or my guildmates to repeatedly unplug and replug headsets until both the chat and game sounds decide to work at the same time
    - group chat drops to area chat every time I hit a loading screen, and sometimes when I return it shows group chat as being empty regardless of how many people are in it
    - group chat periodically disappears as an option inside group dungeons
    - sometimes some people can't invite me to group with them, the "Invite Accepted" notification freezes, and then a minute later announces "Failed to join group" and tells the person who invited me that I declined. Once this happens, it does not matter who has the crown in the group, I cannot join that group even though I can accept invitations from others not in the group.

I think I got all of them?
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I discovered that a long time ago... I was in the middle of a huge fight that would give me a huge AP tick when I crashed and couldn't log back in. Then I gave up and logged into my alt, but I wanted so much to finish the fight that tried the first one again and it worked.

Now everytime I get disconneted I don't even try to log in the same char. I just log in my alt and immediatly go back to my main.

But regarding your freezes, have you noticed your XBOX fans spinning like crazy when those freezes happen?

No I haven't noticed the xbox fans going crazy cuz usually I have the headphones on, but now I'll have to pay more attention.
  • AngeISky
    AngeISky
    Ok I shall drop here, I have Noticed this as well. As well as something new I discovered Yesterday in R'wlaka When I was Visiting.
    I notice Textures especially the "Werewolf Lord Morph" Start To "SHINE" and lose their Original textures then COMPLETELY dissapear and go Invisible and after a few lasting moments (Minutes) Crash The Entire ESO Game.

Ways To PREVENT This: RUN TO THE NEAREST WAYSHRINE And teleport, or RELOG. This forces the game to reload textures on your CHARACTER.

I havent tried typing: /reloadui into chat,
    (May Work?)

I do know however When Wrothgar/Orsinium was down it did this exact same thing to me, and i stupididly ignored it thinking it was a glitch, then my char got stuck.
    After Shining bright Silver for almost 10 mins.

Eso Please Fix This.. Im Scared To Walk into R'wlaka, Now that Im Seeing these problems Arise Once Again.

Ty - AngeISky
    ~ AngeiSky

°MAIN° Catsulek > NightBlade (ASSASSIN CRIT BUILD [CUSTOM]) > LVL 50 (CP 290)> AD [WERECAT] (°w°)/
    °SUB° AngelSkye > Sorceress (SPIRITMASTER BUILD [CUSTOM]) > LVL 10 (CP 0)> AD [NONE]
    °SUB° Sha'ala > Templar (DRAGOON OF LIGHT [CUSTOM]) > LVL 1 (CP 0)> AD [NONE]
    °SUB° Wychblade > DragonKnight (BUILD? [N/A]) > LVL 7 (CP 0)> AD [NONE]

WEREWOLF LVL "MAX" MSG Me On Xbox for Bites
    VAMPIRE LVL 5

Guild: Guildmaster of "Elder ScroIIs Community" Ingame
    Club: Admin of: "The Elder Scrolls Community" Xbox One Clubs
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always crash at least 2 times in a row when starting up the game. :open_mouth:
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting all these problems too:

Constant disconnects anywhere between every 15-60 minutes.
    Re-logging ends in a 'Unusually long loading time' screen
    Have to re-load game (which 1 in 3 times will dashboard again) with another character, log out - re-log in again on my main just to get the game to work
    NPC and quest markers taking a number of seconds to appear in entering map or a new area (again)
    Black silhouettes are back for players for a number of seconds on entering new area
    Bbbuuuuzzz crash happening more often - particularly at die stations - area not specific seems to happen at any die station

In Cyrodiil losing 100's of thousands of AP and countless cold fires through disconnect :(

Seriously ZOS, this is a GREAT game but you are making it very difficult for your loyal follows to continue to support you, I guess we won't see any improvements for months?

Still managed to kill 329 players in Cyrodiil yesterday though :)
    Edited by DreadKnight on November 7, 2016 12:49AM
  • Aulakauss
    Aulakauss
    ✭✭
    Since One Tamriel dropped I've been seeing a vast increase in things not loading their textures/models correctly. They seem to load the far distance LOD and then leave it there.

This happens constantly, only way to temp fix it is to log/reload and it'll just do it again in ten minutes unless I stay in the same area all the time. It seems to do it a lot more than usual in Orsinium, though. Not sure if that means anything.
    "It's one thing to see your past from present memory. It is entirely another to step through the Dragon and be yourself remembering the present in the past as the future."
    - Karstine Zeterra (2E)

• goggs25
    goggs25
    ✭✭
    same here keeps crashing or closing down tried there useless support but they were no help.

Guess we have to wait for them to get off there lazy backsides and fix it
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, exact same thing here. It also will not log you back into Cyrodill, it boots you back to the PVE zone you came from if/when you get back in (which puts me at a que 90+ and a 15 minute wait again) I play for about an hour now and I used to log more than 4 or 5 hours on Fridays.

Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    It's does that every time for me, and if I happen to die as well, it dumps me on the ground at wherever I was before loading into Cyrodiil and I can't res anywhere, not at a Cyrodiil wayshrine or any other, cannot do anything. I have to wait for the auto respawn timer to kick in, THEN reload another char, log off, reload and join the que into Cyrodiil again! ....and that's if it doesn't dashboard at some point during that whole process?!?
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's does that every time for me, and if I happen to die as well, it dumps me on the ground at wherever I was before loading into Cyrodiil and I can't res anywhere, not at a Cyrodiil wayshrine or any other, cannot do anything. I have to wait for the auto respawn timer to kick in, THEN reload another char, log off, reload and join the que into Cyrodiil again! ....and that's if it doesn't dashboard at some point during that whole process?!?

Same thing for me. It's a guarantee I disconnect in Cyrodil at least two times in a two or three hour window. Usually when I'm in a large battle to take a keep. AP points down the drain. I've tormented customer service but they are useless. They have no desire to fix the issue as long as they continue to cash in on noobs buying the latest hair and beard styles in the Crown store.

DreadKnight - next time it respawns you in PVE and you can't res, try re-entering the campaign while you're dead. If you're lucky and the queue is short, you can re-enter the campaign, transport back to Cyrodil and you'll auto-res there. Better than waiting for the auto-respawn.
  • AngeISky
    AngeISky
    New Problem, Polymorphs are now Crashing The Game..

When I go to equip "WereWolf Lord" Theres a Maybe 25/50 chance it Crashes my game!

I think the Chance Goes Higher Depending on how long ESO has been Running, (I Think).

Havent tried other polymorphs..
    ~ AngeiSky

°MAIN° Catsulek > NightBlade (ASSASSIN CRIT BUILD [CUSTOM]) > LVL 50 (CP 290)> AD [WERECAT] (°w°)/
    °SUB° AngelSkye > Sorceress (SPIRITMASTER BUILD [CUSTOM]) > LVL 10 (CP 0)> AD [NONE]

VAMPIRE LVL 5

• RolandSol
    RolandSol
    Soul Shriven
    I just get complete drops in FPS at random times and random locations while playing. Sometimes as soon as I log in, the FPS drops to maybe 5 and lasts for 20-30 seconds. Then every 5 mins or so it does it again, making the game unplayable. I can be in a city or just out alone doing quests and it happens. Sometimes it takes up tp an hour to see the drop in framerate, Im noy sure whats causing this as all my other 33 games i have are fine.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one as well: entering the Fighters and Mages guild in Wayrest always drops the FPS to a crawl.

I couldn't identify if it is because of the portals opened in the middle or the new quest markers on the dailies, but it happens all the time.
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I've recently come back to ESO (left for a while because of all the horrible lag in all the end game content) and I made a new character; and WOW! the beginning areas are so smooth that I was actually hooked back into the game and quests. Once I got to the main city though.. crashes after one another..

This isn't even a "I want to blame someone" post, I just genuinely want to sink some time into this game and enjoy it, and its almost impossible with all of these crashing bugs and huge frame drops/latency during the important parts of end game content.

Even patches with fixes going out that don't completely work would keep me content knowing that they are at least working on it by trial and error, as opposed to nothing at all.

Just a sad state to be in for this game, because the actual content behind all of the bugs is so good
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting all these problems too:

Constant disconnects anywhere between every 15-60 minutes.
    Re-logging ends in a 'Unusually long loading time' screen
    Have to re-load game (which 1 in 3 times will dashboard again) with another character, log out - re-log in again on my main just to get the game to work
    NPC and quest markers taking a number of seconds to appear in entering map or a new area (again)
    Black silhouettes are back for players for a number of seconds on entering new area
    Bbbuuuuzzz crash happening more often - particularly at die stations - area not specific seems to happen at any die station

In Cyrodiil losing 100's of thousands of AP and countless cold fires through disconnect :(

Seriously ZOS, this is a GREAT game but you are making it very difficult for your loyal follows to continue to support you, I guess we won't see any improvements for months?

Still managed to kill 329 players in Cyrodiil yesterday though :)

I'm on EU Xbox server, play 14-16 hours a day, daily I receive an average of 10 disconnects, 4 of these yesterday took over 25 minutes of hard resets, Modem & MAC resets, etc to get back onto the server at all.
    The game will load but hang on the load screen after character choice with the infamous "This may be a particularly long load time" messages...I allowed one of these to run two days ago, and it was still loading an hour later.

They happen everywhere from VMA to Pvp, and as I'm in Australia, most of that time the EU server is quiet for me as Europe sleeps. VMA just will not complete for me at all, I lose all bar swapping and then of course die, or the game does the buzz-crash to XBox Live screen.

This excludes the non-existent bar swapping in general, and opening the map automatically takes the view to the furthermost reaches from where I actually am on the map.

25% of the time pressing the A or light attack trigger mounts me on my horse (WTF?) which is particularly upsetting in the middle of Pvp or a solo world boss fight.
    When I finally get into Pvp battles at keeps, they always crash me out to the load screen, and once even rebooted the XBox. :disappointed:
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • xSylvanasWindrunner
    I agree with all this, wish OneT Wasn't released, the lags & disconnects are not worth it
  • AngeISky
    AngeISky
    Still having texture issues with polymorph "werewolf lord", after a certain amount of time of it being equipped. In 3rd person view.

Please Fix this, it seems to happen anywhere now.
    Edited by AngeISky on November 21, 2016 10:35PM
    ~ AngeiSky

VAMPIRE LVL 5

• aquiella
    aquiella
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad it is not just me noticing problems with ESO lately. I have been experiencing connection issues where I will be crafting or go to craft only to get kicked. It also has this horrible sound when it freezes!
    I hope they resolve it. I am trying to get to Champion 100.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aquiella wrote: »
    I am glad it is not just me noticing problems with ESO lately. I have been experiencing connection issues where I will be crafting or go to craft only to get kicked. It also has this horrible sound when it freezes!
    I hope they resolve it. I am trying to get to Champion 100.

I also get this a lot.

I still can't pinpoint the exact cause, but I'm almost certain this happens when:

1. You are scrolling through a menu
    2. Someones drops a Meteor in a Duel in close proximity

Everytime it happens to me, I'm actively scrolling and I hear the beginning of the sound effect of Meteor and... BAM, dashboarded...