Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

The best race of Nightblade - should I change Wood Elf of Night Elf?

Xender
Xender
✭✭
Hello,
I am returning player and I consider changing race for my nightblade from wood elf to night, should I or not? New bonuses for Dunmer looks amazing and I think it is the best choice for Vamp nightblade?
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
  • Xender
    Xender
    ✭✭
    Well, I am not wow player. But you have right - Dark Elf :D
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    But I think it depends on if you want to play stamina or magicka nb; magicka I'd choose dunmer and stamina Wood elf :)
  • Xender
    Xender
    ✭✭
    So which is better? Stamin or Magicka?
  • Snootking
    Snootking
    ✭✭
    If you want vamp then magicka but I'd say stamina are stronger right now; at least in PvP.
    Breton Sorcerer
    XBONE EU: Watsonatorr
  • OnyxProphet
    OnyxProphet
    ✭✭✭
    Better is subjective, and causes much angst on the forums. "Better" is also silly, as it assume no variables.

What matters is what you enjoy playing. I tried a DPS Stamblade monster with DW...and while the DPS was fun and impressive (I used Red Mountain and Viper for the procs), I hated the lack of self healing and general squishiness. Dungeons were very twitchy, I died a lot, I had to play zoomed out, and I had no real utility outside of mashing buttons for max damage.

I went back to Magblade, and it suits me much better. I'm more durable, offer team healing, do solid DPS, have ranged options, and greater flexibility for experimentation. If the Tank dies, I can actually offtank for a few minutes until someone can Rez the Tank, and my Funnel Health and Sap Essence keep the party health topped up.

So it really depends on your play style and what you enjoy.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My MagBlade is high elf. Very fun to play, has great sustain, good damage; probably would be better in someone else's hands.

My StamBlade is Orc. Hits like a truck, very hard good damage. Little harder to manage for sustain. Can also swap gear and become a monster tank at ease.

Many like khajit, redguard or imperial for stam/ Breton, Dark Elf, High Elf for magic.

When I tried switching my Orc to MagBlade it was quite underwhelming.
  • Xender
    Xender
    ✭✭
    So is it possible to have NB with god DPS as Wood Elf or should I switch?
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xender wrote: »
    So is it possible to have NB with god DPS as Wood Elf or should I switch?

I'm not sure if you have been reading your own thread. These guys are trying to tell you that both Magicka and Stamina are good, and that different races are better for different builds. Wood Elf and Imperial are often used for PVP Stamina builds. Redguard and Khajiit are often used for PVE Stamina builds. Breton, Dark Elf, and High Elf are used for Magicka builds. This isn't a full list of races, just some examples.

Also, if you feel the need to role play a wood elf magicka nightblade you'll do fine... just not as fine as someone who went a magicka-friendly race.

The short answer to your question is that yes, you can make any race good DPS as a NB.
    Edited by Kutsuu on October 20, 2016 9:15PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Xender
    Xender
    ✭✭
    ok thanks all is clear now. I will stay with wood elf.
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial!
    PS4 NA DC
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    New race: Night Elf
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are going to play a Stamina Nightblade, Woodelf is a great choice. I hit mobs for about 60k from stealth while duel wielding with 2k stamina regeneration.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They always forget about Khajiit :(
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    They always forget about Khajiit :(

True. I was tempted to roll Khajiit myself prior to launch as I played Them in most ES games. If the OP already has a WoodElf however, and is just looking to confirm that he can do strong damage with it, I figured why complicate the issue. Woodelf got the regen, Khajiit got the Crit. You can gear to cover the other on both and we both hit hard from stealth :)

Edited by Elijah_Crow on October 22, 2016 6:16AM
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    If you wish to forge a sniper nightblade, choose a Bosmer due to them being excellent at archery. If you wish to be a Dark Brotherhood equivalent asassin nightblade, choose a Khajiit due to them being excellent at stealth. The Orcs, the Redguards, and the Nords are good for tanks, the Bretons, Altmer, and the Argonians are good for healers. The best race for destruction magic is the Dunmer.