The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So Mag DK's are the Champ

coolermh
coolermh
✭✭✭
From my expierence dueling last night. This was with some high level pvpers on ps4.
Fossalize, talons, heavy armor, high dmg dots, wings, wards, big heals= gg

Looks like im making that mag dk
-MrHeid625
Max Chars:
Magika Sorc AD
Stamina NB AD
Stam DK AD
Magika NB-
Magika Temp-
Stam Warden
Stam Sorc
Mag Warden
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam builds running the 2H ult would probably put mag DKs in the dirt, but I do worry about the mag DK buffs coming next patch. The last class Wrobel buffed was stam sorc, and they went from useless to demigods in an instant

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Nser
    Nser
    ✭✭✭
    What the point of this post?
    nerfing?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mDKs have always excelled at duelling/1v1s and PVE DPS. The only place they don't cope as well is open world solo PVP.. which is kinda hard for anyone these days.
  • coolermh
    coolermh
    ✭✭✭

Nser wrote: »
    What the point of this post?
    nerfing?

No not at all. I dont want to see any class nerfed. This game is not a 1v1 game. I think Mag DK's have their drawbacks as well. In open world they have low maneuverability and no escape. They are just pretty strong in 1v1.
    -MrHeid625
    Max Chars:
    Magika Sorc AD
    Stamina NB AD
    Stam DK AD
    Magika NB-
    Magika Temp-
    Stam Warden
    Stam Sorc
    Mag Warden
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam builds running the 2H ult would probably put mag DKs in the dirt, but I do worry about the mag DK buffs coming next patch. The last class Wrobel buffed was stam sorc, and they went from useless to demigods in an instant

Direct from the update 13 patch notes:

"We've decided to finally allow magicka DKs into the club. We've given them the following changes to help make them more competitive in PvP!

Ardent flames: These abilities now all scale off of stamina, and do physical or poison damage.

Draconic power: These abilities now all scale off of stamina, and do physical or poison damage.

Earthen heart: These abilities now all scale off of stamina, and do physical or poison damage. IN ADDITION, helping hands now restores 1% magicka per use of an earthen heart ability and passively grants a 10% cost reduction in stamina ability costs.

That's right folks, we're making your mDKs OP! All you need is the gold for a skill, attribute, and CP respec!"
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's mostly because Stam sorcs are generic stam builds - most of their power comes from physical damage utilities because their passives increase their overall damage. So to "fix" stamina sorcs, what wrobel did was

- Gave them more damage
    - Gave stamina more damage

So essentially they received 2 pretty significant damage buffs. Dark Deal is essentially op now as well, so resource management and healing on a stam sorc is huge. They basically have a bit of everything rolled up in one class right now.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Direct from the update 13 patch notes:

"We've decided to finally allow magicka DKs into the club. We've given them the following changes to help make them more competitive in PvP!

Ardent flames: These abilities now all scale off of stamina, and do physical or poison damage.

Draconic power: These abilities now all scale off of stamina, and do physical or poison damage.

Earthen heart: These abilities now all scale off of stamina, and do physical or poison damage. IN ADDITION, helping hands now restores 1% magicka per use of an earthen heart ability and passively grants a 10% cost reduction in stamina ability costs.

That's right folks, we're making your mDKs OP! All you need is the gold for a skill, attribute, and CP respec!"

You forgot to mention that they buffed Stonefist's damage by 0.03%

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magic DK s greatest weakness is anytime there is more than one enemy. Any other questions?
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if you saw one win a dual then they must be OP. Yes go level one immediately
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy trying to flappy wings out of my 70k Soul Assault and the 50kish Radiant Oppression that follows it.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy trying to flappy wings out of my 70k Soul Assault and the 50kish Radiant Oppression that follows it.

Because blocking and healing totally isn't something mag DK can do...

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They sure can, but it eats up a ton of resources. If you have enough stamina to block the whole thing then they aren't really a magDK. Don't get me wrong, it's totally possible but even the most minor slip up can leave someone in a pile of ash.
  • coolermh
    coolermh
    ✭✭✭

Soul assault is still a joke. My vigor heals faster then a 70k soul assault while blocking plus it gives me time to regen resources in a duel. I used on my sorc it tooltiped 80k and did jack *** to any good pvp player.
    -MrHeid625
    Max Chars:
    Magika Sorc AD
    Stamina NB AD
    Stam DK AD
    Magika NB-
    Magika Temp-
    Stam Warden
    Stam Sorc
    Mag Warden
  • coolermh
    coolermh
    ✭✭✭
    Talons and fossalize is just really strong in duels if used correctly your snared or cc'ed pretty much the whole fight
    -MrHeid625
    Max Chars:
    Magika Sorc AD
    Stamina NB AD
    Stam DK AD
    Magika NB-
    Magika Temp-
    Stam Warden
    Stam Sorc
    Mag Warden
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    coolermh wrote: »

Soul assault is still a joke. My vigor heals faster then a 70k soul assault while blocking plus it gives me time to regen resources in a duel. I used on my sorc it tooltiped 80k and did jack *** to any good pvp player.

Good thing I can hit you with a javelin before it so you can't actually do any of that, or a radiant after it. Also, you can't regen stamina while blocking but who needs facts, right!?

And hey, if you're good enough to deal with those, congrats!
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talons and fossalize is just really strong in duels if used correctly your snared or cc'ed pretty much the whole fight

Mist form is quite useful for this.
  • coolermh
    coolermh
    ✭✭✭

Good thing I can hit you with a javelin before it so you can't actually do any of that, or a radiant after it. Also, you can't regen stamina while blocking but who needs facts, right!?

And hey, if you're good enough to deal with those, congrats!

I can regen stam cause i spam igneous. Im just saying its not that good
    -MrHeid625
    Max Chars:
    Magika Sorc AD
    Stamina NB AD
    Stam DK AD
    Magika NB-
    Magika Temp-
    Stam Warden
    Stam Sorc
    Mag Warden
  • coolermh
    coolermh
    ✭✭✭

I didint think of that. How do you use it since you cant attack in mist form?
    -MrHeid625
    Max Chars:
    Magika Sorc AD
    Stamina NB AD
    Stam DK AD
    Magika NB-
    Magika Temp-
    Stam Warden
    Stam Sorc
    Mag Warden
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I didint think of that. How do you use it since you cant attack in mist form?

Mist form is very easy to cancel. So do this ...

- Oh know, I'm rooted!
    - Mist form, move a few inches
    - Cancel by bar swapping
    - Attack

You can't do both at the same time but you can just use mist form for a split second to unroot yourself and then attack.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They sure can, but it eats up a ton of resources. If you have enough stamina to block the whole thing then they aren't really a magDK. Don't get me wrong, it's totally possible but even the most minor slip up can leave someone in a pile of ash.

You wouldn't even really need to block, just spam Annulment.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah fossilize and traps errrywhere

Mist form
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive noticed the mdk's in duels are either complete idiots or absolute demigods
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duelled about 3 different mdks the other night. One was easy as pie to beat. The other two I couldn't touch. The constant pressure they apply while constantly ccing is very hard to combat. I found they would force me into defensive mode and I just couldn't get out long enough to apply my own pressure.
    Edited by Calboy on October 22, 2016 9:00PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still cant kill these heavy armor proc s&b builds on my mag dk.

Too much healing, burst dmg and tankiness .
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    From my expierence dueling last night. This was with some high level pvpers on ps4.

I'm a full medium armor stam dk wearing hundings and marksman and I have almost 0 problems with mag dk. I can honestly say I fear them the least in duels.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KramUzibra wrote: »

I'm a full medium armor stam dk wearing hundings and marksman and I have almost 0 problems with mag dk. I can honestly say I fear them the least in duels.

thats because as a stam dk youre everything a mdk isn't

access to an execute, mobility, loads of stamina, better heals, better ultimates, better versions of mdks dots, and a much higher damage output without making larger sacrifices that a mdk has to make.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭

got hit by an 18k soul assault through block on a character with s&b, dont even kid :/
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soul assault isn't a big deal. Embers them before they channel, block, then towards the end of the channel embers them again to heal to full before they have a chance to follow it up.

And, unless they changed it, why aren't you bashing radiant oppression? It's a free flame lash proc.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Sorc beat mDK, mag Sorc beat Stam Sorc, mag Dk beat mag sorc, mag temp killed mag sorc, mag DK beat mag Temp

NB didn't win Jack
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • coolermh
    coolermh
    ✭✭✭
    Stam Sorc beat mDK, mag Sorc beat Stam Sorc, mag Dk beat mag sorc, mag temp killed mag sorc, mag DK beat mag Temp

NB didn't win Jack

Im pretty sure mag temp beats mag dk...purify is pretty damn good....my stam dk beats many mag temps though.

Really though stam nightblades are probably the hardest to be good at but they are extremely good for duels if you are good.

I happen to suck with mine.
    -MrHeid625
    Max Chars:
    Magika Sorc AD
    Stamina NB AD
    Stam DK AD
    Magika NB-
    Magika Temp-
    Stam Warden
    Stam Sorc
    Mag Warden