Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Preparing to Update" 1.18

MikeyGoWOOGA
MikeyGoWOOGA
Soul Shriven
So, I've been stuck at 10% completion of "Preparing to Update" to 1.18 for the past however long I've been searching the internet to find a solution to this problem. At least a half hour. This crap happens EVERY update, and I have no idea what ultimately fixes it. It's not a storage space issue, I have 70 GB of free space (though if these updates continue in their massive size, my entire PS4 is going to be clogged up with ESO by Easter).

Deleting the update and trying again results in the same problem. Restarting the PS4 results in the same problem. Deleting the download and then restarting the PS4 results in the same problem.

It'd be just splendid if someone could tell me what the problem is so that I might play the game I have paid for, and possibly so that this exact same farce doesn't play out after the NEXT bloody update.

Best Answer

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you on ps4?

Some people before have mentioned it says that but is downloading, then jump a huge amount ar some point.

What usually "fixes" it, and does it jump?
    Answer ✓
  • WelshAssassin1987
    Got the same issue, been trying for hours but got nothing.
    PSN: Welsh_Assassin26

EU Server: Ulfmark Ironwolf - Nord - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
  • MikeyGoWOOGA
    MikeyGoWOOGA
    Soul Shriven
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Are you on ps4?

Some people before have mentioned it says that but is downloading, then jump a huge amount ar some point.

What usually "fixes" it, and does it jump?

I am on PS4

Trying a whole bunch of times usually fixes it. After a few tries, it DID jump to 20%, and has now progressed to the point that it's actually downloading the update. In 9 hours (thanks, rural internet), I should be good to go.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to run repair like 4 times to get it to work