The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Jewel Crafting

• ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this Discussion to Crafting.
    Staff Post
  • Divil_sp33d
    Divil_sp33d
    ✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    You could easily get around that problem by having unique sets for jewelry that are only available for crafting while still keeping the normal jewelry sets that drop in the game. I think it would be a nice thing for crafters to have, and if the 3 piece unique set bonus' were desirable, jewelcrafters could make a bit a money off it by selling them to others.

You could even tie the jewelcrafting sets to the various guilds... jewelcrafting stations in various mages guild's would offer sets beneficial to magic users, fighter's guild sets for tanky healthy builds, thieves guild sets for stamina/sneaky type builds, etc.

I'm quoting this as well as awesoming it.

Besides on the necklaces you see traits such as, "divine", "arcane" etc so have to research traits in the necklaces and rings separate.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    I think the reason its not in now is because of a fundamental problem
    you cant have 2x crafted sets without it.
    Imagine stacking 2x willows path.
    Imagine 2x TBS which is considered one if not the best crafted set available.

Imagine having 8x divine pieces and 4 shrines all active at the same time.
    People got banned for that exploit.

Do you remove TBS from the game to allow jewellery crafting ?
    Do you rewrite many of the crafted sets to allow this to balance ?
    Would people that have become accustomed to certain sets not become slighted irked if they are forcd to remake all their CP160 gold gear ?

If they added jewellery to crafted sets like TBS and willows of course you could have 2x5 crafted sets.
    7+3+2
    Am I missing something ?
    You can, but I thought you meant like x2 TBS (that stack with each other giving you 4 mundus stones, for example).

I added an edit when I twigged what you meant about double stacking same sets....or not.
    As crafted sets with jewellery doesnt exist ....I never made the assumption that they wouldnt stack.
    It was the only problem I could see....regardless.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on October 18, 2016 4:15PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    NO for jewelry crafting.
    its good that you have to play the game to get jewelry in its own unique way.. anything else is craftable, does not mean that everything must be craftable

Not everything must be... sure.

But jewelry is not any more a rare thing for drop sets. It's gone from a few sets with sometimes limited jewels then to specialty rewards for limited content to revamped old sets in docs and now to basically every frigging drop sets has them from oveland domes and chests.

That has imo taken a YUGE chunk out of the crafting equipment desirability.

Since I am one who believes the zos goal of crafting best way to go I find myself really unhappy to see possibility of not crafting at all with the drop sets flowing like they are.

Consider that it takes as many skills more or less to get clothing and alchemy maxed.

When is the last time you saw someone intentionally for benefits say "I won't craft potions cuz I like the dropped ones" vs say like right now I have one guy in all new drops others heading that way?

Same basic investment in skills but one is essential and basically replaces all drops while the other sees only a few worthwhile and the use for crafting thru developing levels is very dubious given no way to take a crafted piece and level it up but you can find a new drop as you level up just fine to replace the one you have.

Heck, after maxing skill, h
    are sting a dolmen for a green/blue/purple ring earns you xp for cp/levels, gold etc.. but crafting a new piece gets you zip except a new white piece of gear.

If potions and writs and food were given the equip craft treatment from 1T (drops everywhere, frequently that are scaled to you and in many cases as good or better) plus a whole class of indispensable everyone will include in build consumables only available thru drops, there would be an uproar.

Do not misunderstand. I like the 1T Changes but now that they have overhauled the drops for the new world order, to better fit the anywhere world... they need to finish their effort by making the changes to bring relevance and focus back to the crafteds.

The relationship between droped and crafted is supposed to reflect the investment in skills the latter requires. They just slammed dropped with the hammer of make bettering ... so they now need to swing that hammer at crafted.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be Jewelry crafting. It will require a Accessory Crafting Stone that will be sold in the Crown store for 10k crowns
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    Never going to happen.
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.