Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Let's Talk... Hammerdeath Arena!

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump - so, I can remember to.check it out tomorrow :p
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Dueling.... it's honestly not my thing anymore. PvP is simply too imbalanced this patch. You either use the broken OP setups or get slaughtered by them.

I love this feature for testing only. Until Wrobel truly fixes this mess (and the Q1 2017 patch is supposed to be the balance update), I can only congratulate players who find enjoyment in dueling people during our current Heavy Armor/Stamina/Proc meta.

Hammerdeath Arena will see its glory days when PvP is somewhat balanced again :)

I hear this line of logic thrown around a lot (often by people who chronically lose duels). But if it were actually true, then it's rather interesting that it seems pretty much every single class has such a broken OP set up. Truth of the matter is, the game is not at all balanced around 1v1 combat nor has it ever been. What is optimized for 1vX, small scale, large scale etc might not be for 1v1 and vice versa. And yes some fights will be heavily skewed in the favor of one party. Rock, paper, scissors and all that.

But to say PvP is too imbalanced this patch to enjoy duelling is a weak cop out. If you want do do well 1v1 you can find a build that does well on any class. And no, this doesn't necessarily have to be a duelling build. I am more than satisfied with how my open world specs perform 1v1...if I wasn't I wouldn't run them. If you had actually PvPed, and more specifically, been part of a duelling community since the early days- you would know that this patch is by and far the best for duelling probably ever as far as balance goes. Never before has the champion system done as little hand holding as now, and never have we had such parity between classes and playstyles.

A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    bump - so, I can remember to.check it out tomorrow :p

nice looking spot...bunch of cool details :)

I appreciated the merchant working there...didn't see another player...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 14, 2017 12:37AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive used it for dueling before with some buddies as we were practicing different builds.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always wondered if we would get a minotaur race because of the one that walks around in the arena... That would be awesome :)
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    nice post.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The betting part would get out of hand, I gurantee it :P
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems like it would make a decent guild meet location outside of the guild hall...i don't normally do group stuff, were i to though...

hmmmm, dueling tourney in guild hall > hammerdeath arena?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    definitelly it needs more promotion, so that people know about it, maybe some event or leaderboards or similar stuff
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for necro, but this place should be more promoted, both by ZOS and players - duelers. Wished it had some achievements bound to it. That would make people go there more often.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish dueling clowns would go there, rather than in the bank or on top of crafting tables.

Like children, desperate for an audience. Look at me look at me look at me!!!
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, everyone :smile:

Today I come here before this great community and ZOS devs/community team to talk about one of the things that - at least for me - was one of the nicest additions to the game in One Tamriel and yet it is so... under used.

Let's talk about the Hammerdeath Arena!

"Hammerdeath Arena? What is this?" you might ask - and no, this wouldn't be surprising at all! Most people - believe it or not - are completely oblivious to its existence. In fact, I mentioned it a couple of times on different Zone channels and Guild channels and I got showered with whispers asking me what I'm talking about. This is a problem because the arena is pretty cool, the NPCs are fun and diverse ('friendly' minotaur champion, werewolf, a spirit with a funny/easter-eggish name, etc...).
    So before we start, what is the Hammerdeath Arena for those that do not know it?

Hammerdeath Arena is a new area in Stormhaven, west of Wayrest and a short walk north of Soulshriven wayshrine. It is marked by two crossed swords on the map.
    It is a place specially designed for DUELS, with plenty of room for both fighters and spectators, three differently sized arenas and a nice atmosphere.

Here are some pictures of it:
    j9BUKG6h.jpg

l4DB7eZh.jpg

rBrDEfLh.jpg

oJ8orWAh.jpg

IZNXKG0h.jpg

So, what's the deal with the arena?
    Well, it is rarely used - if used at all. It is a nice, specific place given to us by ZOS but it's highly neglected. That's everyone's fault, to be honest. We, as players, should spread the word and encourage its use if we want to see it used. But since no one uses, even the players that do know about it will duel anywhere rather than trying to bring people to it - but ZOS could also encourage its use with a lot of nice treats! And this is what this thread is about. The arena could be the most "fair" and democratic answer to a lot of the community concerns right now: lag in cities because of too many duels, people that don't like to be invited randomly for duels but don't want to turn off duel invitation (because they DO duel), etc... Of course, dueling could still take place whenever and wherever - but it would certainly be nice to have a granted place that you can go to satisfy all your dueling pleasures!

Without further ado, then...
    What could be changed to make the Hammerdeath Arena more appealing?

This is a list of ideas/suggestions for ZOS to make the arena more appealing to all players! Feel free to like/dislike them and add your own. The point here is to let ZOS know that there are people interested in the arena and that with a couple of tweaks it could be awesome - so show your interest and let's get some attention and love for the arena!
    • SPECIFIC ACHIEVEMENTS - One thing that would certaily attract people to the Hammerdeath Arena would be specific dueling achievements. That is: achievements that can only be obtained if fighting in the arena. These could be varied and complex as Cyrodiil's PVP achievements are - with specific achievements for each class that you beat, maybe a damage, healing and blocking achievement, etc... They could grant fancy titles and dyes for the greatest duelists of Tamriel and since dueling is so fast and enjoyable, the numbers could go crazy high - with a 1,000 or even 10,000 duels achievement "Legend of Hammerdeath Arena".
    • SPECTATING - Spectating could be a thing, too. Achievements for spectating duels in the arena could be given to not only encourage spectators (which is a nice addition to immersion/atmosphere) but also give you a bit more to do in-between duels. Spectating achievements could be really funny and require all sorts of things, like using emotes on people dueling (like /cheer) or celebrating the victorious character (or even throwing /boo on the losers!). Spectating achievements could unlock new emotes or something like that.
    • BETTING - One thing a lot of people have requested since Dueling was announced was the ability to place bets on duels. Perhaps that could be possible - but only on duels held within the arena. Betting is an interesting thing and perhaps it could even allow spectators to bet - like a prompt that goes to the people nearby the duel center, asking them to bet on one of the fighters (or ignore it)
    • GROUP SPARS - This would be amazing, if possible. And to encourage the use of the arena, could be an exclusive feature to it (with its own achievements) - the ability to duel in groups, like 2x2, 3x3, etc. Some games can handle that by allowing multiple duels at once. For example, let's say A and B want to duel C and D. A challenges C and D (two duels) and B challenges C and D too (another 2 duels. So there are 4 duels going on simultaneously, allowing for 2 pairs to duel each other. Of course that's not an elegant solution and ESO could certainly have a proper system - but that's up for the devs to devise. It should be really simple, though - perhaps a party leader challenging another party leader - and if both parties have the same number of people - could give a prompt asking if it is a group spar.
    • BETTER WAYSHRINE PLACEMENT/MORE ACCESSIBILITY - One thing I've seen some people say about the arena is that it's more complicated to access than simply porting to a city. Which is kind of a lame excuse, since it's literally a 15 seconds ride from the wayshrine to it, but could be pointed out nonetheless. Perhaps pushing the Soulshriven wayshrine a bit north OR adding the ability to teleport to the Arena icon directly (just like we can port into dungeons or The Harborage).
    • SOUND & MUSIC - Maybe a bit of tweaking to the atmosphere would help, too. Duels already have fun "boss" music, but perhaps duels inside the Hammerdeath Arena could have some unique new piece of music (once new music is added)? Or maybe give the battles there some "arena crowd" sounds just like the Kvatch arena has, with the public reacting to critical blows, defeats, dodges, etc.
    • REMOVE DUEL LIMIT - Another thing that could encourage the use of the arena would be the removal (inside its walls) of the limit on the number of duels in the same area.
    • ALLOWS TELEPORTATION FROM START - The arena should be "discovered" for every new character and they should be able to teleport to it from the start, like the first Wayshrine in each faction since One Tamriel went live.
    • ADVERTISE IT! - Perhaps a special news article about it, a "screenshot community contest" for duels in the arena, a tutorial tooltip about it when a character leaves Coldharbour, etc... Thing is - make it known! This has been an issue with the Witches Festival (a lot of people didn't know what to do, how to get skulls, etc...) and this kind of thing should be noticed for the upcoming changes and festivals and stuff in general: NOT EVERYONE reads forums or news articles, things must reach them in-game somehow! (Tooltips, neat (lore-friendly) in-game mail, etc...)
    • COSMETIC CONTENT - Arena costumes, motifs, etc... Things that could be obtained with the achievement but also by playing. Perhaps a token-thing for duels participated and duels won that you can exchange for a lot of cosmetic goodies, perhaps even "daily" quests to fight and to spectate that provide reward containers with random chances for goodies, potions, etc...
    • MODDING API CHANGES - if any of these actually happen, allow dueling mods to take advantage of in-arena specific stats so we can have arena leaderboards and such!

Notice that the idea is to improve and enhance dueling, giving it a lot of depth.
    This is NOT meant to be a fully-fleshed "Arena PVP" mode with gear acquisition and stuff, but rather a way to encourage more playstyles and to give TONS of depth to what is usually a regular/standard MMO feature.

Dueling in ESO IS fun. 1x1 combat is enjoyable. These things would be investments in the game's future and I'm sure a lot of it would appease the PVP community greatly.
    So think about it with love, ZOS <3

That's it :)
    Feel free to say anything and, once again, thank you for your time!

I agree with everything this article says!! @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • HallowedUndead
    I am necromancer, Arise decent post! ARISE!!!

• SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Possibly dragging this post up from the depths again. Have just discovered this place and couldn't figure out what its purpose was until I googled it. This seems like such a good idea, why the heck isn't it being used?!
    @SammiSakura - EU Server - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at my Seaveil Spire

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Leyawiin, Blackwood)
    ~ Daedric Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in random front row spots across Tamriel)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’d like it if there was some dueling themed daily you could do there kinda like how that place in Reaper’s March has the sprinting daily. Some oddball quest that has you duel and potentially win some fun loot.
  • Dragneel1207
    Dragneel1207
    ✭✭✭✭
    lets make it a hotspot for duels in all platforms.and ppl looking for duels can go there to fight.
    No need to spam duels invites.
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    agree
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also an arena on Arteum. I had some duels in there and loved the surroundings.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a necro of a necro but i agree. We have our guild dueling comps there.

Remember tho most folks buy and adjust houses to make arenas and they are about to sell a PvP house so its unlikely they will promote a free arena and impact their revenue stream..
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite memory of this place is seeing players dueling in all the dueling areas. I watched for a bit and decided to participate. It was a guild event so unfortunately most of the time whenever I would visit the arena there would be no players in sight despite having so many colorful NPCs that are just waiting to tell their stories of battle. I'm hoping ZOS plans on doing something grand with this place (a lot of great ideas have been mentioned on here). I mostly just want to watch people go at it while I drink my mead.
    aba529f7babca2caca3114a639d2aaa1.gif
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • kvlou79
    kvlou79
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Remember tho most folks buy and adjust houses to make arenas and they are about to sell a PvP house so its unlikely they will promote a free arena and impact their revenue stream..

Sell a PvP house? Need more info please
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kvlou79 wrote: »

Elinhir Arena, large home, in the style of Kvatch Arena, trap switches, designed for duels. Located in Craglorn next to well Elinhir
    Devs show us around most of this house in this episode of ESOlive:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GQktn2l8JQA
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kvlou79 wrote: »

I'll have to dig the link out was covered in the ESO live for plans for this year. It's basically an arena like from the newest BG map before wrathstone (the one you ride horses in forget its name) it has traps and levers spectators can pull etc. When I'm on a PC ill find a link
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately there are people out there who just like to wind people up, so you would still get people duelling in area's like banks or wayshrines...
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesn't care about dueling. They only introduced it to get people to stop asking for it. That's why there are no rewards or loot or achievements for dueling.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should add daily dueling quest here or some incentive
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should introduce an auto-port to this place as soon as someone accepts a duel.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be some dueling holiday to be commemorated there.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler :wink:
    Edited by Vanthras79 on March 3, 2019 8:57PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• nickl413
    nickl413
    ✭✭✭✭
    That arena was hoppin when it was on the beta server. People quickly figured out that it made more sense to duel near a wayshrine or any place more convenient that the arena. Sadly it was rendered pointless before it even went live.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesn't care about dueling. They only introduced it to get people to stop asking for it. That's why there are no rewards or loot or achievements for dueling.

False....