The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are craftable sets done for now that One Tamriel is there

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Disagree, Craftable Sets still have a value.
    xaraan wrote: »
    I picked that I agree, but I think the way it's stated is an exaggeration. They aren't completely worthless as there are still a few outstanding crafted sets Twice-born, Seducer and a few others still stand out.

BUT, with how many matts you have to use just to craft a max piece of gear vs using a drop, drops can appear as more appealing even when all things are equal. They really need to change that 100+ mat use requirement now that they have all the cp160 good set drops in the game first of all.

that is a very good pt.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Night mother's is BIS for 1 Stamina DPS in a group. All other builds, TBS is still bis in most scenarios. Tava's is still great for tanks, but some have been dropping it for Ebon/Alkosh in favor of a more standard warhorn rotation. Crafted set's still offer some of the best options for DPS and will always unless Critical Strikes and Damage are changed.
    Edited by Oompuh on October 23, 2016 9:14PM
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    Crafted sets are still very useful but I'd like to see a lot more of them added for more variety. Current selection of 9 trait sets is very small. I'd like to see every crafting station have its own set. Crafted 2pc sets would be awesome.
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    Tbs cant just exclude this from your poll and still make a point lol
  • drifter1138
    Agree, One Tamriel made Craftable Sets worthless
    You know what would be a cool idea for overhauling armor/weapon crafters skills?
    Being able to deconstruct a 5 item set to learn that sets trait.

Face it. The first 4 traits (for the most part) boil down to one of the following (yes, yes, there are exceptions but you get the idea):
    2 items - increase health, stamina, magika
    3 items - increase health, stamina, magika recovery
    4 items - increase weapon critical, weapon damage, add status effect
    Etc. etc...
    But the 5th trait determines the set.
    With all the new monster dropped sets, allow a 9 trait crafter to deconstruct 5 full items of a set to allow them the ability to make a set of that particular armor type.
    Could you imagine being able to construct your own viper in hollowjack or malacath?
    How about a custom order for 2 nirnhoned swords of agility?
    What's that? You'd like vicious serpent in ancient elven? Coming right up!

/sigh
    /showerthoughts

Would never happen. Would make crafters in HIGH demand but would undoubtedly unbalance the game.
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, One Tamriel made Craftable Sets worthless
    @drifter1138
    I suppose this is #MyCraftersWetDream
    This would be so amazing to be honest.
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I use is crafted sets.
    I decon or sell every single findable set piece I find.
    Why?
    Because trying to complete a monster set is way to much work. I gave up trying. My bank was filled up with one piece of that, a couple of another, some of this and some of that. I got frustrated and just deconned them all.
    It is so much easier and less hassle to just craft your own.
    Edited by Myyth on October 29, 2016 8:30PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You know what would be a cool idea for overhauling armor/weapon crafters skills?
    Being able to deconstruct a 5 item set to learn that sets trait.

Face it. The first 4 traits (for the most part) boil down to one of the following (yes, yes, there are exceptions but you get the idea):
    2 items - increase health, stamina, magika
    3 items - increase health, stamina, magika recovery
    4 items - increase weapon critical, weapon damage, add status effect
    Etc. etc...

But the 5th trait determines the set.
    With all the new monster dropped sets, allow a 9 trait crafter to deconstruct 5 full items of a set to allow them the ability to make a set of that particular armor type.
    Could you imagine being able to construct your own viper in hollowjack or malacath?
    How about a custom order for 2 nirnhoned swords of agility?
    What's that? You'd like vicious serpent in ancient elven? Coming right up!

/sigh
    /showerthoughts

Would never happen. Would make crafters in HIGH demand but would undoubtedly unbalance the game.

Actually re the bold... nope... well.. yes... there are exceptions... there are lots and lots of exceptions... and those exceptions are the ones I seek out and many others do so they are the ones that see more play.

From the drop sets the "spread gains around" type like you describe aren't all that popular unless their 5th bonus is just overwhelming. The sets that get more play have multiples of the 2-3-4 in one area or in directly linked areas...

Max-sta/mag, Damage, crit, penetration = all serve to inc damage.
    Max health, health recovery, resistance, healing and to lesser extent stat-recovery help survive
    max-sta/mag, rec mag/sta - serve to increase sustain.

Sets which focus on one of those catagories tend to see more play than those which spread around between them IMO again except for cases where there is a big 5pc bonus.

Thats the main gist of the reason i suggest allowing crafters to at time of crafting to swap one 2-3-4 pc bonus out and replace it with another bonus also on the set...

That wont have a major impact on most of the really good ones which already stick to one category mostly but will help revive the lesser crafted sets

Ashen grip now: health-wpndmg-wpncrit-procfire could be changed to replace health with either the damage or the crit doubling up on one of them and moving it a little closer to viable. Eyes of mara replace health with max mag to boost healing more.

etc

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Myyth wrote: »
    All I use is crafted sets.
    I decon or sell every single findable set piece I find.
    Why?
    Because trying to complete a monster set is way to much work. I gave up trying. My bank was filled up with one piece of that, a couple of another, some of this and some of that. I got frustrated and just deconned them all.
    It is so much easier and less hassle to just craft your own.

Right now IMO if you have done the development taks for the skill lines for crafting, it seems to me ease is about the only thing crafted has going for it. Well that and they can be used to improve drops.

But when i compare the overall usefulness of equip crafting vs drop sets to consumable crafting vs consumable drops i see a lot more than just "ease" on the consumable side of things even though equip crafting costs as many skills and have the added aspect of time investment due to its trait research system.

Both equip and consumes require similar numbers of skills.
    Consumables can be levels quickly after getting mats and basically get to full capability extremely quickly.
    Equip can be leveled quickly after getting mats and decons - mostly decons to ber honest - BUT has the whole trait thing which limits the effectiveness for a long time.

but equip gives you now mostly ease while consumes are just as ease providing and are almost exclusively the better choice over drops.

But to give you and example from last night play - i just swapped a crafted NMG weapon out for a drop piece non-set weapon cuz the level diff was good enough to make it worth losing the mid-bonus. Set pieces not being scaled upward as you do get outleveled pretty quickly by even trash drops. (hence one of my points is to allow up-leveling of crafted gear.)

Sure had i ran over and recrafted it woulda been even better but then that would be outleveled in a few and hardly worth switching to the crafter, pulling them over to the rift etc when i just did the swap on the fly and kept playing the developing char towards 50/cap... instead i can throw every functional new level weapon drop in any time as i advance towards 50.

Edited by STEVIL on October 29, 2016 10:36PM
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.