Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

What is the best race for a Templar Healer?

PrincessBluu
PrincessBluu
Soul Shriven
I want to create the best Templar Healer with a bit of DPS when needed for soloing or for group dungeons. I've looked at every post online for this and can't decide on either High Elf or Breton. I currently have an Imperial but I don't want to miss out on the best racial passives to help at end game. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    I've read that breton is best for pure healer but high elf is good for healer or dps hybrid. On console, my templar was a high elf and it was pretty strong. I would pick high elf because if you go hardcore end game pve dps, high elf or dark elf is the recommended race. If you are a casual player both are great choices and you cant go wrong with either.
    Edited by NoFlash on October 15, 2016 11:20PM
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Breton is preferred, because you can make 1-2 mistakes and get away with it, due to high spell resistance.
    • Altmer is preferred, because you get bonus to elemental damage, and it's useful should you wish to change from Healer to DD. Altmers are also squishy as hell, so you have to block in certain situations, or block-cast skills, while Bretons can stand still and take a heavy pounding and survive.

Both races are viable for endgame healing and magicka dps, and you will not be rejected if you choose one over the other for either Healer role or magicka-DD role.

My personal favorite is Altmer, my friends prefer Breton. :p
  • spectre303
    spectre303
    ✭✭✭
    argonian if you're going pure heals
    Ebonheart Pact ♦ NA ♦ CP 2230
    Ra'Sta ♦ ♛Sergeant Stadanko ♦ ♛Napolèon Dynamite ♦ Brunhilda the Green ♦ ♛Call me Al ♦ Joe ♦ Stadanko's Ghost
    Jan-Michael Vincent ♦ Mòrty ♦ Redmer ♦ Durban Diesel ♦ ♛ßecky ♦ Stadanko Jr ♦ Lòzen ♦ Guillermo De la Cruz ♦ Gìnger ♦ Rasta ♦ Gozer
  • Dk_needs_a_buff
    Dk_needs_a_buff
    ✭✭✭
    My wife is a argonian and she is a pure healer. She healed me for 24k in cyrodil XD I mean wtf like so op