Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Healing Staffs. Do they heal the caster or only Allies?

Davor
Davor
✭✭✭✭✭
I thought I would try something different and start playing using the Healing Staff. Now I am wondering if I made a mistake. Since I only play alone as if it was a single player game some of the buffs or perks you get for the Healing Staff, I am thinking they are no use to me now. I thought before they healed the caster (me) and allies, but now reading some articles, it says allies only. So do the spells like Regeneration, Restoration Expert do they just heal allies and not me? So did I pick wrong skills or be picking a wrong skill and I shouldn't bother trying to use a healing staff anymore?

Any good tips on how to use a healing staff as playing as single player alone in PvE?

Thanks for taking the time to read. :)
Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spells that say 'allies' always include yourself :)
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much Panth. I didn't know that. I just thought it meant allies. Good to know I can use it on myself as well. Greatly appreciated.

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a common question because the texts are not very clear. But yes, when you read allies, it usually includes yourself as well.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO tooltips are very messy lol

I level up restoration staff on all my characters, even the stamina-using ones.... just in case I struggle anywhere, I can always save myself with a few heals and don't need to call for help. :p

Restoration staff:
    • Grand Healing - morph it to Healing Springs
    • Regeneration - if templar, morph it to Rapid Regeneration, if you are Dragonknight, Nightblade or Sorcerer then morph it to Mutagen
    These two heals are very low-cost, and if you cast it and get Knock Back or Stun by an enemy, you will be healed until you can break-free of the Knock back or Stun.
    • Blessing of Protection - morph it to Combat Prayer
    This skill will give you a little protection and heal, + 8% more damage for 8 seconds.
    • Steadfast Ward - morph it to Healing Ward
    This skill is very good if you get into a fight that gets hard, cast Healing Ward and cast Regeneration (either morph) right after, it will heal you up while you are shielded.
    • Force Siphon - morph to Quick Siphon if you are stamina user, or you want extra health while you hit something. Morph it to Siphon Spirit if you want health + magicka in return (Warning: this morph has a long casting time)
    This skill is particulary good if you get into long fights with bosses, and you want to avoid spending too much time healing yourself, if you cast it on a target right before you attack them, you have basically a free-heal-over-time for 17 seconds, and you can freely deal damage.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO tooltips are very messy lol

I level up restoration staff on all my characters, even the stamina-using ones.... just in case I struggle anywhere, I can always save myself with a few heals and don't need to call for help. :p

Restoration staff:
    • Grand Healing - morph it to Healing Springs
    • Regeneration - if templar, morph it to Rapid Regeneration, if you are Dragonknight, Nightblade or Sorcerer then morph it to Mutagen
    These two heals are very low-cost, and if you cast it and get Knock Back or Stun by an enemy, you will be healed until you can break-free of the Knock back or Stun.
    • Blessing of Protection - morph it to Combat Prayer
    This skill will give you a little protection and heal, + 8% more damage for 8 seconds.
    • Steadfast Ward - morph it to Healing Ward
    This skill is very good if you get into a fight that gets hard, cast Healing Ward and cast Regeneration (either morph) right after, it will heal you up while you are shielded.
    • Force Siphon - morph to Quick Siphon if you are stamina user, or you want extra health while you hit something. Morph it to Siphon Spirit if you want health + magicka in return (Warning: this morph has a long casting time)
    This skill is particulary good if you get into long fights with bosses, and you want to avoid spending too much time healing yourself, if you cast it on a target right before you attack them, you have basically a free-heal-over-time for 17 seconds, and you can freely deal damage.

Thanks a lot for this. Really helpful here.
    Edited by Davor on October 16, 2016 3:46AM

• herpnderpidus
    herpnderpidus
    Soul Shriven
    alot of people have something against blessing of restoration, but if you arent a templar its actually pretty nice as a heal, the range is big, and the heal on it is actually really powerful with a very big range and radius. i mainly use it cause im a nb dps who off heals sometimes, so i dont need the 8% and one of the dps i roll with is also a nb who already has it