The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[BUG] Vicious Death doesn´t proc

Soulac
Soulac
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey,

after willows path I think I found a new set to ask a bug fix for.
After hours of PvP I noticed that Vicious Death won´t proc.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • NaysaSimone
    NaysaSimone
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed this too. Put on my old VD set to have a play around and after 5 hours, not one single proc, was slightly disappointed :disappointed:
    **DAGGERFALL COVENANT**
    - Yo-Hold My Poodle - Raid Healer
    - Wears-It-Like-A-Man - Healer AKA the massive pink lizard
    - Im The Bomb Dot Com - Bomb blade
    - Drop It Like Its Proc'd - Stam Blade

AUSTRALIAN
    -PC/NA Vivec
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a step in the right direction, VD was beyond stupid. The irony is it's an unintended bug. :neutral:
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    This is a step in the right direction, VD was beyond stupid. The irony is it's an unintended bug. :neutral:

Funny thing is that most of the unintended bugs have been some of the best balance changes the game have had so far. (Purge bug, im looking at you.)
    :]
  • Morostyle
    Morostyle
    ✭✭✭✭
    How did they even bug VD - thats the question. They havent touched the set in this patch at all... how does tings you dont adjust/fix/change bug out?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was on ps4/na/scourge last couple of days with a character wearing vd/phoenix - every time I pulled out a seige and either poured oil or fired off the cold-fire, my bounty counter would go in to overdrive...

other than "howl of agony" & "claws of anguish" (they just sound so flippin cool) my favorite thing to share to display on someone's death recap is vicious death - that's right, your buddy right next to ya, just killed you >:)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If @Soulac ask for a set to be fix, it never gonna happen =P
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• Samuel_Bantien
    Samuel_Bantien
    ✭✭✭

Agreed, VD is stupid. Now if only they could replicate this bug for the vast amount of proc sets.
    Zaxon
    PC NA
    Ebonheart:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Suedoú
    Magicka Nightblade: Suedou
    Magicka Sorcerer: Suedoe
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VD has been bugged for a while. Since the first major patched after the one that introduced it. It still proc's but often times less then you think it should. While wearing it extensively on my sorc, it represented less than 5% of my KBs even though I was specifically blowing up groups with the intention of proccing it.

So something is off about it and I'm not sure what. I am kind of sick of the fact that we have these long standing bugs that have been in the game so long they are a running joke. Can we have some quality finally?
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morostyle wrote: »
    How did they even bug VD - thats the question. They havent touched the set in this patch at all... how does tings you dont adjust/fix/change bug out?

lol...you made me laugh. It is so mind boggling. How do you break things without touching them? How did the group bug happen? It's almost comical. At least your horse isn't pink
  • MLRPZ
    MLRPZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Morostyle wrote: »

lol...you made me laugh. It is so mind boggling. How do you break things without touching them? How did the group bug happen? It's almost comical. At least your horse isn't pink

What if I want a pink horse ? slightly disapointed that didn't bugged out =(
    AD // Marc the Epic Goat // Templar // AR50
    EP // The Goatfather // Templar // AR44
    AD // Unforgoatable // Sorc // AR33
    EP // You Goat Rekt // NB // AR28
    EP // Bill Goats // Swarden // AR28
    AD // Goat Ya // NB // AR24
    AD // Unforgoatten // StamDK // AR 21
    DC // Egoatcentric // Stamsorc // AR16

and many unused PVE chars

REMOVE FACTION LOCK

AoE Rats
    RIP Zerg Squad
    RIP Banana Squad Inc
    Not your typical goat

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cannot be sad about that.

I tried.

I just can't do it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭

Except as stupid as VD is, it's literally the only reason why magicka is relevant in the group DD department. I can't wait to try a group out with literally nothing but magplars and stam sorcs...
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had VD proc while only wearing two pieces and running siege . At least that little acid sound goes off with the brown cloud on my character .
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    VD has been bugged for a while. Since the first major patched after the one that introduced it. It still proc's but often times less then you think it should. While wearing it extensively on my sorc, it represented less than 5% of my KBs even though I was specifically blowing up groups with the intention of proccing it.

So something is off about it and I'm not sure what. I am kind of sick of the fact that we have these long standing bugs that have been in the game so long they are a running joke. Can we have some quality finally?

In 3 hours of PvP, killing massive amounts of enemies in choke points it didn't proc once. 0 Damage. And we had quite some people using vicious death. You see an animation, but no damage is dealt.

- Meow -
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Except as stupid as VD is, it's literally the only reason why magicka is relevant in the group DD department. I can't wait to try a group out with literally nothing but magplars and stam sorcs...
    Bacon, meet Eye of the Storm.

Eye of the Storm, meet Bacon.
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've had VD proc while only wearing two pieces and running siege . At least that little acid sound goes off with the brown cloud on my character .

But it doesn't deal damage. Animation is fine.

I killed so many enemies using specific abilities that I didn't even notice that VD doesn't proc at all.

- Meow -
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

I killed so many enemies using specific abilities that I didn't even notice that VD doesn't proc at all.

I can confirm. The animation I can see, but it doesn't deal damage. Although I hate armor proc, they have to fix it. It's the only fun thing magicka players have.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here´s hoping he meets eye of fire. Nothing beats grilled bacon.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Here´s hoping he meets eye of fire. Nothing beats grilled bacon.

Now I'm hungry. Thank you. :|

- Meow -
  • Altercator
    Altercator
    ✭✭✭
    It's been broke for awhile. Like a couple of months. I was running a 2 piece Molag Kena Clever Alchemist Beamplar with it and after a patch the procs stopped going off in my combat log. It was like night and day.
    Edited by Altercator on October 13, 2016 5:35AM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You mean I don't have to waste any moer gold to try out VD this patch? Thx. :)
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    You mean I don't have to waste any moer gold to try out VD this patch? Thx. :)

This patch? If it's like willows path you will never have to bother with this set again :p

- Meow -
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it only procced for nb ults for a loooong time, b4 that i could get it to work if i was very much higher or lower than the target but it was usually 1 proc a week using the set. Its not like magika has that many useful sets to work with so it hurts
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭

Defiantly not going to deny that eye of storm looks ridiculously OP for group play, but if the PBAoE version is still subject to negate (I heard this from a few different people but obviously as I can test it myself, I will have to wait for a correction from someone that's used it or the opprotunity to test it on live) I would still defiantly take stam sorc 100% of the time. If that isn't the case, I can defiantly see magblade still at least sharing the top spot for group DD but its just hard to go against what is such reliably OP spammable damage in a meta where negate and roots are as stupid as they are currently and most of you're challenging fights are 5:1 odds against pugs.
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Platform are you playing on? I dropped on my set last night and was going to setup siege but we pushed the enemy back. The first person I helped kill exploded just fine with it. PC-NA here.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    damn, I wanted to farm it for my mag NB bomber build!!!

the damage could be reduced, if so, but not bugged!!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks guys, we're currently testing a fix for this, and hope to get it into next week's PC incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

Same. I suspected it wasn't working but I invested so much money and time in to acquiring it I've been in denial. FIX THIS DEVS! There really is no other set for magblades except Spinners and I heard that's broken too! Why do the devs hate magicka players?!?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys, we're currently testing a fix for this, and hope to get it into next week's PC incremental patch.

Does this mean it won't come out broken for PS4?
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ball groups rejoice!
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel