The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Logout issues/hang on attempting to quit

ElBiggus
ElBiggus
✭✭✭
I've always found ESO is a bit flaky when it comes to trying to log out -- if I'm not in an area that does it immediately then more often than not the "You will be logged out in 9 seconds" counts down to zero and just sits there, and I have to try a few times before it'll actually do anything. Since today's update, though, not only does that persist but now clicking "Quit" on the login screen doesn't do anything -- the application just becomes unresponsive, and force-closing seems to be the only option.

I know you want us to keep playing, guys, but this is taking it too far. :tongue:
Edited by ElBiggus on October 10, 2016 6:05PM
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    Happening to me also. Recent new install on Win 10 x64 (was on Win 8.1 x64 and it didn't happen).

This thread has same problem...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/288540/shutdown-eso-via-quit-button-application-hanging-pc-eu-w10-64-bit
  • Boradordin
    Boradordin
    ✭✭
    This problem is occurring across all platforms. On consoles it began about one month ago after a maintenance down time for the servers.

If you will observe your game you should notice that the splash screen is that of The Spire in Craglorn. On the PS4 you must log onto a secondary toon. If you do log onto the secondary toon, you will see the much vaunted "This WILL take an unusually long load time." Or whatever it specifically says. The operative is that it will, not "may,' take an unusually long load time.

After a player has loaded onto the secondary toon he or she can log out to their main toon. Unless of course you get the same log out timer. In that case you are forced to log to a tertiary character. The problem also occurs in Cyrodiil whenever a load screen takes place.

I know that this splash screen problem caused me to lose four Cold Fire Trebuchets. I could not get them packed quickly enough after assaulting a keep at which time there is often a load screen. After logging back into the game, and seeing the spire splash screen, I knew the infamous Zenimax Gremlin had struck yet once again.

At least Domino's 'The Noid" was comical. Zenimax's Gremlin has caused many a player to chalk up the game to experience and move onto more stable platforms.

What is the beta server for if not to locate these problems before they go mainstream. Either the beta testers do not have these types of problems, undoubtful, or they are not reporting them. It is assuredly that Zenimax is ignoring their testers in the rush to get the latest greatest poorly programmed and vetted release to market.