The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vet Dragon Star

Massive_Stain
Massive_Stain
✭✭✭✭
I just beat it as a tank, no vigor, no healer. Literally 3 sorcs and a tank. Got a sharpened Masters Ice staff, and my buddy gave me his charged Masters Flame staff. I think I may have come up with the literal perfect tank build for Vdsa.
PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • brandishsteel
    brandishsteel
    ✭✭✭
    please post your score and the time
    then we can admit u have a perfect tank build
    Marco Hacker - the best mageblade in the game
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just beat it as a tank, no vigor, no healer. Literally 3 sorcs and a tank. Got a sharpened Masters Ice staff, and my buddy gave me his charged Masters Flame staff. I think I may have come up with the literal perfect tank build for Vdsa.

latest?cb=20150201114959
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You could also post your build and technique. Or pretty much anything other than: "I did this..."

Imagine if Deltia or Sypher or any of those other guys posted: "I fought 13 guys..." and said nothing else. ;)
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plot twist : It was done on CP10. Yipee for u.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »

Actually no it wasn't. It was done on cp160. The only plot twist is you being facetious.
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »
    You could also post your build and technique. Or pretty much anything other than: "I did this..."

Imagine if Deltia or Sypher or any of those other guys posted: "I fought 13 guys..." and said nothing else. ;)

I was literally seeing if anyone cared. I will post a video of final fight from my perspective. I'm still working out the kinks for my tank because I mainly run trials with it. The build I ran on vdsa was tailored for vdsa only.
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    please post your score and the time
    then we can admit u have a perfect tank build
    My score sucked because we wiped a few times and this was a learning run. But we as a group have decided to use the builds we have to farm it now that we have solid strategy for each stage.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A group with DPS that are highly survivable can do without healers in many cases. Add in a Templar tank that can toss an emergency heal then you have a tank healer and one that should not use Vigor.
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭

A group with DPS that are highly survivable can do without healers in many cases. Add in a Templar tank that can toss an emergency heal then you have a tank healer and one that should not use Vigor.

Except my tank is a dk. You will see how I did it when I post the video.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You know that even a healer can tank the last boss of VDSA right? Even has to if you want to do a burn kill.

Pretty sure VDSA is the only place where a templar in the tanking role is better than a DK because there is LOTS of room to deal damage while tanking in VDSA. There is really nothing in there that hits really hard.
    Edited by Woeler on September 30, 2016 1:44PM
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Except most of the enemies (archers, shadow casters, poison circles, vampire boss, mage boss, flame summoners, ice mechanic, etc)
    Woeler wrote: »
    You know that even a healer can tank the last boss of VDSA right? Even has to if you want to do a burn kill.

Pretty sure VDSA is the only place where a templar in the tanking role is better than a DK because there is LOTS of room to deal damage while tanking in VDSA. There is really nothing in there that hits really hard.

Edited by Massive_Stain on September 30, 2016 1:49PM
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭

And no, we did a burn kill without a healer.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Except most of the enemies (archers, shadow casters, poison circles, vampire boss, mage boss, flame summoners, ice mechanic, etc)

Alright man, keep believing that, lel.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why are you all being so rude to the OP?

Nice job OP. Ive not yet beat vdsa, its next on my list tho! : ))
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I killed an emperor earlier with 2 other guys! :)
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »

I don't think anyone was initially trying to be mean... it just seemed like the OP started a statement without giving any context, build info, or anything pertinent. If I walked over to you, tapped you on the shoulder, and said: "I have a purple heart" and then walked away... you'd feel like there was supposed to be some sort of background info that should've come along with that.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't think anyone was initially trying to be mean... it just seemed like the OP started a statement without giving any context, build info, or anything pertinent. If I walked over to you, tapped you on the shoulder, and said: "I have a purple heart" and then walked away... you'd feel like there was supposed to be some sort of background info that should've come along with that.

People shun what the don't understand. Like I said before, I will get a video up. I will be blocking my skill bar though, because my builds are none of the haters business.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was the time/vitality bonus though?
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

People shun what the don't understand. Like I said before, I will get a video up. I will be blocking my skill bar though, because my builds are none of the haters business.

Why even post the video then? These forums are meant to *hopefully* be helpful to other people. If you're not sharing tactics, skills, builds, ideas, or anything of that nature...

...then you're just posting a video to say "Look at what I've done. Please praise me." It's about as helpful as someone saying "L2P, bruh."

You had my genuine interest earlier- but if you're just going to post a video to aggravate the "haters"- then this is nothing more than Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I would say "thank you for serving" I dont need to know what branch of the military that person is in. I dont need to know the details of the situation that earned him or her the medal. None of that changes the fact. Just like here. I dont need to know his build. He just wanted to tell someone of his accomplishments. So gg op. Others just like to tear everything down.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"Hey guys I have found the literal perfect build for vDSA! Too bad you won't know what it is because I am going to block out my skill bar."

Pretty selfish of you OP. There are a people who are interested in your build and you won't even show them because of "haters."
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All I can think of is Cotton from King of the Hill. "I killed fitty men!"
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

very nice. Though I have never been through it yet so don't know the value of the accomplishment. But Gratz!
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭

Call me old school, but i prefer a magicka DK for tanking there, he doesnt need to do dmg at all, just chain, taunt, talon and interrupt so dps can just spin to win to the victory xD.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »

Actually no it wasn't. It was done on cp160. The only plot twist is you being facetious.

Me being facetious?

You claim to have the perfect tank build bro. Not me. Besides ask yourself why so many people are trolling you. Your OP comes across as a troll post with 0 evidence. You want people to appreciate you and care about your build come post a video or at least screenies.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocking out ur skill bar is useless. Forums have people who've played this game Long enough to tell what it is ur using by just looking at the gameplay. So save yourself the needless effort.
    Edited by Vangy on September 30, 2016 3:14PM

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo it naked and we will see.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alright man, keep believing that, lel.
    Can confirm, nothing hits hard in VDSA
    #MOREORBS
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

I have actually tried to get people to do DSA and pledges naked. No one really seemed to want to.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »

I have actually tried to get people to do DSA and pledges naked. No one really seemed to want to.

I have a nudist tank in one of my guilds that will frequently strip in dungeons. Be careful what you wish for :)
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault