The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cheating Emp in Haderus

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personal opinions don't matter here anymore with ZOS . They made a rule about gap closing into keeps and have banned at least a dozen people I've heard of for it . Please don't get banned guys . The gap closer ban is worse then CE , they don't let anyone back . It doesn't matter what we think or even if it makes little sense , it's ZOS policy now and I don't want to see anyone lose thier account after working hard on it over something that can be avoided . Don't let them pull your account , play carefully in PvP . Unless you don't care anymore , then good luck to you .
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave
    ✭✭✭
    Its an exploit, if they are against it. Then its cheating, u dont agree with it thats fine. But remember they r letting u gain access to their servers. Keep using gap closers to gain entry into a keep, if u get banned thats on u.
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So where are the recordings?
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »

Can't post those for forum rules . That's why these threads are pointless and people should just report ingame and avoid trolling and negativity . I understand people want to make others aware but moderators close them down and sometimes punish the messenger . Best to avoid all that .
  • Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    They shouldn't have done what they did to gap closers in the first place, that's what made this complete mess. However ZOS has come out and said using gap closers and Dragon Leap to get into keeps and onto walls to bypass sieging the keep IS an exploit. I understand if someone slips and hits the button and it happens that's ZOS fault and I have heard cases where they don't do anything if it looked like an accident but if someone is doing it over and over and over again while knowing they can get banned for it... that's the exploiters fault.

I could have said just walk away and go to another campaign until that BS is over, but this is a game where we come to have fun... not avoid players/groups exploiting. It's not even a "I don't want to fight them thing"... it's a "You're an emp, do you REALLY need to exploit into a keep." For the record I do feel odd saying this is an exploit but... not much we can do about that. I understand why it had to become one, I have seen too many players let another buddy inside of a keep on another alliance so they can get a scroll or cap it from the inside... that has been a thing since the game launched and was a huge annoyance/frustration for all not involved.

Leaping into keeps was never an exploit. That's just what ZoS decided to call it after all the DK's started jumping into keeps after the game launched in response to the people complaining about it on the forums. The lack the foresight to see how that ability would have worked in PvP is just laughable. I don't believe they couldn't have known players were doing to do that and probably had no issue with it until players started using it Chains/Leap to get over keep walls to take scrolls, which was a legit issue. Jumping into keeps however? Just something people complained about because they felt shouldn't have to deal with DK's leaping on them while they snipesnipesnipesnipesnipesnipe from the keep walls.

I've also never been a part of a keep defense where the DK's jumped in and THAT was the reason the keep feel/you lost the scroll. It usually happened when the group pushed into the outer/inner breach and some DK's jumped up as they were doing this. Most of the time, we just jumped into the keep to see how many people we could kill before we died or were forced to jump off the wall.

The issue of other players using the ability to let their buddies into keeps, however, is exploiting and cheating and something that ZoS should handle by banning those SPECIFIC PLAYERS, not reworking mechanics because they still want these people in their game because they pay money. That's just stupid.
    Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gap closing is now an exploit
    Showing proof is naming and shamng

Lol
    That's like drinking non alcoholic beer and getting in a fake fight.
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »

Can't post those for forum rules . That's why these threads are pointless and people should just report ingame and avoid trolling and negativity . I understand people want to make others aware but moderators close them down and sometimes punish the messenger . Best to avoid all that .

I know who he is talking about, I know the people he is talking about and I personally don't care because people on every faction does it and ZOS messed up on this, not the players. I don't particularly like the people he is talking about either (except 1 or 2) but posting QQ threads about it without showing proof is silly in my opinion.

I thought you can post videos if you hide names? Then when you send a report to ZOS uncover the names? Unless they changed that rule which makes even less sense for this thread.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, people actually play on PC EU Haderus in any serious way? :|
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a question. I have always wondered if this is aloud. But have no idea.

Since inside Keep wall. Has no roof. On one location. It is so easy to use a treb and go over the roof and hit the npc guards. To destroy those npc's on the flag. While others seige the wall at the same time.

Is it considered an exploit to kill half the guards with the trebs. With the part that has no roof. While others broke innerwall? To make things easier. I have always break down both walls. More fun that way. But I have always wondered.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »
    Crown wrote: »
    Typhoios wrote: »
    DKs should be able to leap into keeps. We sprout wings a leap into the air. The skill looks like it was designed to leap up walls.

@Typhoios Just as Nightblades should be able to TELEPORT STRIKE (tooltip says, "Flash through the shadows") and TELEPORT from where they cast the spell to wherever their target is located.

#ZOS_Logic

Yep. You can teleport strike, but not upwards. Makes perfect sense, ZOS. Also, DKs should be able to pull people off of walls with chains.

We definitely should be able to pull people down off walls with chains.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to add grappling hooks or something fun (and legal) like that.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    It is no longer up for debate, using a gap closer to bypass a wall or door is an exploit.

It's not an exploit.

Pointing your mouse in any direction and hitting the number "1" on your keyboard to use a skill that you've slotted can not in any reasonable situation or by any normal definition be an exploit.

ZOS has made the choice to call it an exploit.

Mostly because they can't very well say, "We admit that we messed up, and it is working as we intended it to since BETA, though we've now changed our minds about how we want it to work, and can't actually fix it in the code for a while, so we're going to call it an exploit and ban people who use these skills to make sure that people don't use them."

It makes you wonder why they haven't released an official notice somewhere that every one will see such as at the top of the launcher in news, or even sent a mail in game to everyone who enters Cyrodiil. A very small percentage of the population actually read the forums.

Tagging @ZOS_GinaBruno to let her know what most of us old-timers think on the matter - though she's probably already read that many, many times in other posts on this topic.

ZOS made it clear. Using a gap closer to by pass a wall to enter a keep is an exploit.

• RensDG
    RensDG
    ✭✭✭
    As i say in almost every topic about this subject. I used to like pulling people from wall with chain.
    Zos changed that. Couln't even pull people anymore who were standing on higher ground then me.

I used to jump into outer en inner keeps during sieges. It was my way of fighting. Dk's only have 2 gap closers. A broken chains skill wich zos claimes is fixed now. And dragon leap wich is an ultimate. It's the worst range class. Even more if you do not have a bow. Jumping into a keep during a siege should still be allowed in my eyes. I do not do it anymore cause i quite like my account.

With that said. The DK's we are now talking about werent jumping into keeps during sieges. They jump on to the edge of the wall next to the outer main gate and then jump up to the NPC mages. In turn they just siege the inner gate or wall without taking the outer down and take the keep.

It's just not fun to fight against an enemy who cheats his way to victory. He has won. We are back to trueflame.
    But what did he gain? A blue cyrodiil with no pact to fight anymore.
    Ebonheart pact,
    Grizon, Redguard Dragonknight.
    Grizzi, Dunmer Dragonknight
    Gri'jo, Khajiit Nightblade
    Gison, Dunmer Sorcerer

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other *** die for his"-
    -George Patton
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *hides in a keep*
    *Waits for next seige*
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Wait, people actually play on PC EU Haderus in any serious way? :|

Serious way? lol no
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just give everyone flying mounts and i button kills and the game would be fine.