The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cheating Emp in Haderus

AddiZ
AddiZ
✭✭✭
Any Dev online come to haderus and watch the emperor there jump into chalman keep with his guild again and again and again with the gap closer exploid!

This cant go on like this!
  • Infrapuna
    Infrapuna
    ✭✭✭
    Ermaghed send help
    "Sometimes I wish I was a goat" - @PureEnvelope35

Master Troll and 24 man solo zerg, as claimed by DC zone chat.
    (Retired) Tryhard Small Scaler

160 Magicka Sorcerrer Infrapuna EP
    160 Stamina Dragonknight The Very Great Infra DC
    160 Magicka Necromancer Infrapuna the Second DC

Proper pleb.

Infrapuna
  • Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    Which emp are you talking about? Had has had like 3 in the last few days
    EP NA Haderus
    Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
    Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
    Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    best thing to do is record it and send it to ZOS.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cheats 5 mil AP by boosting and no one bats an eye.

Uses a gap-closer, and everyone looses their mind.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cheats 5 mil AP by boosting and no one bats an eye.

Uses a gap-closer, and everyone looses their mind.

Seriously. Oh no! They gap-closed up the wall, I might actually have to fight them now!
    PC/EU DC
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would advise not to stand in range of the gap closer. :)

But I'm a DK at heart and a firm believer in that if you stick your nose off the side of a keep to shoot at me I should be able to dragon leap to you. Just because your in a keep on a wall doesn't mean you are safe.

#ibelieveicanfly
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still don't get why gap closing/leaping into a keep is exploiting. Makes the game way more interesting imo.
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skitttles wrote: »
    I still don't get why gap closing/leaping into a keep is exploiting. Makes the game way more interesting imo.

The rules are, a wall or door must be taken down in order to enter an enemy keep. It is no longer up for debate, using a gap closer to bypass a wall or door is an exploit.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

The rules are, a wall or door must be taken down in order to enter an enemy keep. It is no longer up for debate, using a gap closer to bypass a wall or door is an exploit.

I completely agree! It just sucks that the weapon abilities themselves do this and it isn't a program or something outside the game doing it. A person who is frantic in a fight mashing buttons could do this and would look just as guilty as the groups that intentionally gap close keeps. It makes it hard to establish what is and isn't good sportsmanship.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I completely agree! It just sucks that the weapon abilities themselves do this and it isn't a program or something outside the game doing it. A person who is frantic in a fight mashing buttons could do this and would look just as guilty as the groups that intentionally gap close keeps. It makes it hard to establish what is and isn't good sportsmanship.

It's a bit more difficult to reproduce during frantic button mashing. I use gap closing all the time and in 2 1/2 years of playing, it happened to me twice.

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    report the [SNIP] cheater!!!

[Edited for profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on September 30, 2016 11:37AM
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a bit more difficult to reproduce during frantic button mashing. I use gap closing all the time and in 2 1/2 years of playing, it happened to me twice.

That's because it was only possible using weapon abilities for a short time lol...

Leap on the other hand, idk why they decided to nerf that after letting it happen for so long.
  • Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

This is amazing. "Record it and have ZoS ban them for the thing they can't fix."

LMFAO

#ThanksWrobel
    Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is amazing. "Record it and have ZoS ban them for the thing they can't fix."

LMFAO

#ThanksWrobel

They shouldn't have done what they did to gap closers in the first place, that's what made this complete mess. However ZOS has come out and said using gap closers and Dragon Leap to get into keeps and onto walls to bypass sieging the keep IS an exploit. I understand if someone slips and hits the button and it happens that's ZOS fault and I have heard cases where they don't do anything if it looked like an accident but if someone is doing it over and over and over again while knowing they can get banned for it... that's the exploiters fault.

I could have said just walk away and go to another campaign until that BS is over, but this is a game where we come to have fun... not avoid players/groups exploiting. It's not even a "I don't want to fight them thing"... it's a "You're an emp, do you REALLY need to exploit into a keep." For the record I do feel odd saying this is an exploit but... not much we can do about that. I understand why it had to become one, I have seen too many players let another buddy inside of a keep on another alliance so they can get a scroll or cap it from the inside... that has been a thing since the game launched and was a huge annoyance/frustration for all not involved.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on September 30, 2016 7:41AM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

LMFAO

#ThanksWrobel

Chances are, they're not accidentally landing up there by hitting a mistaken button. If they did, they would just hop back down (outside) and call it good.

No, the cheaters jump in, kill everyone, and then take a scroll before anything lights up or anyone knows that they're there. Half of the time the cheaters have a GUILD MATE on the opposing faction inside purposely standing on the edge to give them a 'free ride' up. That's exploiting.

See the difference? if you have to cheat to win, go play something else. So sick of the horrible people on these forums trying to justify cheating...
    Edited by Minalan on September 30, 2016 7:43AM
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bakven wrote: »
    Which emp are you talking about? Had has had like 3 in the last few days

It's EU.
    Osteos wrote: »

But I'm a DK at heart and a firm believer in that if you stick your nose off the side of a keep to shoot at me I should be able to dragon leap to you. Just because your in a keep on a wall doesn't mean you are safe.

#ibelieveicanfly

He's gap closing on the mages by the front gate not to any player. We sat and watched him and about 4 of his cronies do it the other night. Sadly I couldn't get Fraps going fast enough to capture them.
    Edited by Nermy on September 30, 2016 12:19PM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do believe that with the recent changes to gap closer mechanics the only way to get into a keep is teleport strike. You can not dragon leap up anything or to anything now on a wall. I would say if this person or persons found a way to do it they are exploiting. Perma ban incoming..... thanks for the memories...... have a nice day......
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen that too a way back. People were just jumping on a player or more often on the NPC guards on the keep wall. Still didn't figure out how they do it.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is no longer up for debate, using a gap closer to bypass a wall or door is an exploit.

It's not an exploit.

Pointing your mouse in any direction and hitting the number "1" on your keyboard to use a skill that you've slotted can not in any reasonable situation or by any normal definition be an exploit.

ZOS has made the choice to call it an exploit.

Mostly because they can't very well say, "We admit that we messed up, and it is working as we intended it to since BETA, though we've now changed our minds about how we want it to work, and can't actually fix it in the code for a while, so we're going to call it an exploit and ban people who use these skills to make sure that people don't use them."

It makes you wonder why they haven't released an official notice somewhere that every one will see such as at the top of the launcher in news, or even sent a mail in game to everyone who enters Cyrodiil. A very small percentage of the population actually read the forums.

Tagging @ZOS_GinaBruno to let her know what most of us old-timers think on the matter - though she's probably already read that many, many times in other posts on this topic.
    Edited by Crown on September 30, 2016 1:25PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Asardes and @Minalan It works from specific spots, not everywhere.

Log into PTS (where you're supposed to test things and can't be banned for using in-game mechanics as they work) and just try from different spots until you get the right one.

You can still Toppling Charge (Templar) up to the centre of the D in Nikel be standing a little bit to the left of (while facing) the front door if an opponent is standing at the edge.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »

#ibelieveicanfly

DKs should be able to leap into keeps. We sprout wings a leap into the air. The skill looks like it was designed to leap up walls. Let us fly, WE ARE DRAGONS! It looks so cool too!
    PC/EU DC
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »
    DKs should be able to leap into keeps. We sprout wings a leap into the air. The skill looks like it was designed to leap up walls.

@Typhoios Just as Nightblades should be able to TELEPORT STRIKE (tooltip says, "Flash through the shadows") and TELEPORT from where they cast the spell to wherever their target is located.

#ZOS_Logic

• Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    Typhoios wrote: »
    DKs should be able to leap into keeps. We sprout wings a leap into the air. The skill looks like it was designed to leap up walls.

@Typhoios Just as Nightblades should be able to TELEPORT STRIKE (tooltip says, "Flash through the shadows") and TELEPORT from where they cast the spell to wherever their target is located.

#ZOS_Logic

Yep. You can teleport strike, but not upwards. Makes perfect sense, ZOS. Also, DKs should be able to pull people off of walls with chains.
    Edited by Luigi_Vampa on September 30, 2016 2:20PM
    PC/EU DC
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave
    ✭✭✭
    Why is everyone trying to justify thats its okay to use a gap closer to enter a keep. Gap closers r use to close gaps on the battlefield. Its not to enter an keep in a form of as being an a$$hat. I dont go around looking for easiest way to be a punk ass %$&#@. Gap closing in a keep is cheating and should be perma ban for it.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soundwave wrote: »
    Why is everyone trying to justify thats its okay to use a gap closer to enter a keep. Gap closers r use to close gaps on the battlefield. Its not to enter an keep in a form of as being an a$$hat. I dont go around looking for easiest way to be a punk ass %$&#@. Gap closing in a keep is cheating and should be perma ban for it.

@Soundwave We're not trying to justify it, we're saying that ZOS made a mistake in how they dealt with the situation. A lot of people were complaining about how these skills worked, getting stuck on rocks, etc, so their solution was to copy to code from how one skill worked (I think it was chains), and apply that to all other gap closers.

That introduced the "gap closing upwards" issue. Rather than fix the problem, they declared that anyone using the skills over non-contiguous ground was "exploiting". The use of the term "exploit" in that context is wrong.

Their response of, "we don't care about actual definitions, or the fact that we messed up, we're calling it that and banning people without notice because that's what we decided to do" is also wrong.

Every other time there has been an issue with a skill that they introduced (example of the trap beast bug that would proc the damage continuously 20 times per second and insta-kill anyone / anything / any boss) they've fixed it or disabled the skill. People who used it during the time it took until they fixed it were not "exploiting", they were using a skill the same way that the skill has always been used, just with a different result.

That's what most people are upset about.

Keep in mind that with Propelling Shield (siege shield morph), DKs and NBs have been gap closing from the third floor postern (outer wall highest point) to the top of the door (oil ledge) on the inner since beta. This was a known issue, and was a valid strategy dealing with 20+ people grouping up at that point. The few players who could do so (NBs or DKs with a propelling shield up) would usually not be able to take a keep doing so - as they still had to take down the outer wall to get to the spot that you could jump to the top of the inner.

Banning people who have been doing this since beta because... They don't want you to do it anymore.. Rather than changing how the skills work and addressing the issue on their side is what most people are upset about.
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ya using a skill called leap to leap onto things should get you perma-banned.
    same with teleporting to a player using a skill called teleport strike.

shame on you guys. how dare you. it's not like they implemented this rule two years after the game was released, and only said it was illegal subtly in some thread on the internet that a large majority of the player base didn't even know existed.

filthy sinners. all of you.
    'Chaos
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Log into PTS (where you're supposed to test things and can't be banned for using in-game mechanics as they work) and just try from different spots until you get the right one.

Actually a certain somebody was banned from using an exploit on PTS as it disrupted other people who were testing. :p
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually a certain somebody was banned from using an exploit on PTS as it disrupted other people who were testing. :p

@IxSTALKERxI I.. Have no words.. (that won't be moderated as soon as a moderator would see them)..
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@IxSTALKERxI I.. Have no words.. (that won't be moderated as soon as a moderator would see them)..

There was a bit more to the story. Can't discuss such things on the forums. But the person didn't actually do anything wrong on the live server.

Despite it being a PTS server, you still need to show some decency.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Soundwave We're not trying to justify it, we're saying that ZOS made a mistake in how they dealt with the situation. A lot of people were complaining about how these skills worked, getting stuck on rocks, etc, so their solution was to copy to code from how one skill worked (I think it was chains), and apply that to all other gap closers.

That introduced the "gap closing upwards" issue. Rather than fix the problem, they declared that anyone using the skills over non-contiguous ground was "exploiting". The use of the term "exploit" in that context is wrong.

Their response of, "we don't care about actual definitions, or the fact that we messed up, we're calling it that and banning people without notice because that's what we decided to do" is also wrong.

Every other time there has been an issue with a skill that they introduced (example of the trap beast bug that would proc the damage continuously 20 times per second and insta-kill anyone / anything / any boss) they've fixed it or disabled the skill. People who used it during the time it took until they fixed it were not "exploiting", they were using a skill the same way that the skill has always been used, just with a different result.

That's what most people are upset about.

Keep in mind that with Propelling Shield (siege shield morph), DKs and NBs have been gap closing from the third floor postern (outer wall highest point) to the top of the door (oil ledge) on the inner since beta. This was a known issue, and was a valid strategy dealing with 20+ people grouping up at that point. The few players who could do so (NBs or DKs with a propelling shield up) would usually not be able to take a keep doing so - as they still had to take down the outer wall to get to the spot that you could jump to the top of the inner.

Banning people who have been doing this since beta because... They don't want you to do it anymore.. Rather than changing how the skills work and addressing the issue on their side is what most people are upset about.

While I agree with you Crown, at the same time there is only so many times a person can say to themselves "stupid ZOS" when an emp and his group gap close into a keep (somehow, it's not easy anymore). Eventually you start to get a little mad at the player doing it.