The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Sorc PvP Build?

bantycakes
My Altmer Sorc is close to CP cap and I'm interested in delving into PvP with her but I'm not sure what constitutes a good build.

Deltia's build is outdated and missing a lot of info where PvP is concerned so I thought I'd ask around here.
Edited by bantycakes on September 28, 2016 6:17AM
Future Women's Champion
---
XB1 NA
CP160 - Daroriahni (AD | Stam NB)
CP160 - Athenrael (AD | Magicka Sorc)
CP160 - Andorwyn (DC | Magplar)

Selfless Thieves - DC - Wayrest; Azarati
  • Swindy
    Swindy
    ✭✭✭
    Sypher updated his magic sorc Pvp a few weeks ago.

There's also this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/293624/dw-sorcs-are-they-even-a-thing-anymore#latest

(Sorry forum full timers but I can't recall how to short link that sorry.)
    II Swindy II

Australian on Xbox NA (ex EU)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bantycakes ...I kinda think half the fun of playing eso is figuring things out and tweaking your character...

I'd recommend bring your pve build into cyro - see what works and what doesn't...it sounds like your character is already filled out pretty well if you're closing in on max cp, so, more than likely you have a few coins in the bank and should be able to adjust your character fairly easy...

it's great to get tips on armor and abilities, but, your playstyle will determine a good portion of your build...

if anything you may need to focus a bit more on sustainability...pvp can be much more dangerous than pve...one tip though- beware of all the poison - it's by far the most lethal attack to my sorcerer...his bathrobe doesn't do such a great job mitigating that damage...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 28, 2016 4:28PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently heavy armor instead of bathrobes is the new meta....

Light armor really needs some love from the devs.
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    Basically most sorc builds rely on:
    Curse, a spammable (a destro skill usually), frags and maybe Wrath for an execute, meteor / atronach for extra burst or negate for group play
    shields on the back bar; Hardened and light armour and resto bubble
    mines for camping, streak for positioning
    Power surge or entropy for sorcery buff
    Overload bar is used for buffs; Rapids, Dark Deal / Conversion, Defensive Rune etc.

Depending on how good your shield stacking / ping is, you can get by with more or less impen. You need enough regen and reduction, and you want to stack max magicka ahead of spell power.

Most common choices for sets are combinations of
    Seducer, Magnus, Kagrenacs, Julianos with willpower and with Kena or Engine guardian thrown in (and Torug's to fill out if there's a stray 2 slots)
    Less common but workable solutions are
    Lich, Amberplasm, Elegant, Necropotence

How much regen / reduction you want vs. spell power depends on your comfort level, skills and playstyle. There's no right way to cut the cake here. Max elemental mastery, then penetration and the others. Stacking all into Bastion is going out of fashion, in favour of having more in Hardy and having the points more spread out. Vampirism is almost always worth it.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, don' forget the Vicious Death set for PvP.
  • bantycakes
    @Swindy Thanks for recommending Sypher, hadn't heard of his work before. I'm certainly checking it out now!

@geonsocal I've got some gold to spare but I felt like I didn't have anything to build off of since Deltia's build is a few patches behind. I didn't want to cobble together some ragtag set that ended up being a waste of resources, you know? But I'm getting a lot of good information here I'm anxious to try out. I'll definitely try to stay away from poison, that doesn't sound fun at all!

@Thrasher91604 Heavy armor, hmm? It'd definitely protect better than my sad little terrycloth robe, that's for sure! I've seen a lot about the Vicious Death set so I'm curious about seeing how it performs. I'll see if I can find some pieces in the traders.

@jhharvest I'm currently using 5-piece Julianos, 2-piece Magnus, 3-piece Willpower in PvP and I like how it performs. I'm just still squishy with 64 points in Magicka. D: All good stuff you've mentioned, I definitely have a better idea of where to start now with a PvP 'spec'. Thanks!

Future Women's Champion
    ---
    XB1 NA
    CP160 - Daroriahni (AD | Stam NB)
    CP160 - Athenrael (AD | Magicka Sorc)
    CP160 - Andorwyn (DC | Magplar)

Selfless Thieves - DC - Wayrest; Azarati
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    If you feel squishy, try more pieces of impen / try running Defensive Rune on back bar / practise more on your shields. If that doesn't do it, the heavy armour meta is indeed a possibility but you might want to wait until the next patch hits before you invest in any pieces. Also remember you can run Shuffle even on 5 light - 20% dodge chance is 20% dodge chance regardless of what you wear... Amberplasm or some other form of stam recovery might then be worth considering, and it'll give you more dodge rolls and CC breaks as well.

Vicious Death works best (well, pretty much only) when fighting zergs and blob groups. Couple it with Clever Alch or 2pc Kena, Resto staff with Spell power enchant back bar and dual wield sharpened on front bar - you want burst, burst, burst to best utilise it.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, if you prefer ganking over large scale pvp, then other armor would be better. But ESO pvp is really designed for large scale pvp.
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have never pvp ed before and want to, STOP and go to blackwater blade before you vet out. If you try and just jump into vet pvp, you're gonna have a bad time, mkay?
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie