The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

DW Sorcs, are they even a thing anymore?

• Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @psychotic13
    ya I get focused alot so the extra stats are great for survivability. Since I slot Magelight on my DPS bar I still run at about 37k Magicka on that build
    Options
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thelon never lost health once. Rather remarkable, or playing against very crappy players.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thelon never lost health once. Rather remarkable, or playing against very crappy players.

It's Both. That many crappy players can overwhelm a good one quick. They obligingly lined up for his VD procs rather nicely though didn't they?
    Options
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And they never targeted him from what I could see. Yes, I could do that well under those circumstances. :)
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    The infernal guardian mortars target the FURTHEST thing from you. While that probably works great in open Zerg PVP, it's going to be complete swampy a** in imperial city. You'll just end up aggroing every freaking boss and flag carrier while trying to hit someone.

How do you fit streak on the DW front bar? Most people put wrath there instead of crushing shock to proc frags.. if you're not fragging someone with dual wield, you're doing it wrong.

Nah it doesn't aggro stuff that isn't already in combat with you.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    Rockndude wrote: »
    If anyone knows of a way to still use a DW sorc effectively in this patch, please elaborate because I am also curious and would like to learn.

@Rockndude
    here's a random vid from my channel. hope it helps

That's illegal. Unless murder isn't considered a crime in Tamriel.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    I love my DW/destro setup, if I had a better DoT I'd love it more. I'm too lazy to grind as I'm limited on play time, so I'm currently wearing 5 Kag's on destro 5 seducer on DW with willpower jewelry. 5 TBS 3/4 seducer works well too.

Destro: clench, crushing, frag, dampen, critical surge Ult: suppression

DW: wrath, structured, curse, mines/inevitable, streak Ult: Overload/shooting star

Overload: wrath, structured, frag, dampen, dark deal/streak

I run dampen in PvP because it's nearly the same as hardened and I run empowered in PvE.
    Edited by Natas013 on October 2, 2016 3:29PM
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natas013 wrote: »
    I love my DW/destro setup, if I had a better DoT I'd love it more. I'm too lazy to grind as I'm limited on play time, so I'm currently wearing 5 Kag's on destro 5 seducer on DW with willpower jewelry. 5 TBS 3/4 seducer works well too.

DW: wrath, structured, curse, mines/inevitable, streak Ult: Overload/shooting star

I run dampen in PvP because it's nearly the same as hardened and I run empowered in PvE.

The fact you don't run both wards to stack in PvP is concerning. Also if you're using streak over dark exchange you have no way to heal?
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The fact you don't run both wards to stack in PvP is concerning. Also if you're using streak over dark exchange you have no way to heal?

I stack shields, but usually it's just hardened ward and healing. Not sure if that counts, as the latter is just to keep health topped up, and in a group someone else inevitably gets it.

I do better in small scale with streak double barred believe it or not. We're a class that absolutely cannot survive being pounded on by a couple of stam people. Repositioning in a blink, positioning, and mobility are important.
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I stack shields, but usually it's just hardened ward and healing. Not sure if that counts, as the latter is just to keep health topped up, and in a group someone else inevitably gets it.

I do better in small scale with streak double barred believe it or not. We're a class that absolutely cannot survive being pounded on by a couple of stam people. Repositioning in a blink, positioning, and mobility are important.

Really? I find with using both Hardened and Harness I can get beat on by 3-4 people and still manage, although my sorc is currently in heavy until 1T.
    Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭

I've never stacked shields in PvP, well unless you count healing ward. Can't protect healing ward any more, so I switched to destro. As long as I keep DoTs up crit surge procs every second. If I'm PUGin I may switch dampen and streak, and swap out crit surge for dark deal. If DD/DC were instant on at least not interruptible I might run it more.

Streak on both bars? How do you manage that?
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
    Options
  • Trihugger
    Trihugger
    ✭✭✭
    I think the only viable reason to run dw on a magicka sorc anymore would be for set bonus reasons.
    Options
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find streak on both bars very helpful (as well as hardened ward). I use streak offensively as well as defensively. Bar swapping during high lag pvp campaigns is not reliable so I try to minimize it.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I've never stacked shields in PvP, well unless you count healing ward. Can't protect healing ward any more, so I switched to destro. As long as I keep DoTs up crit surge procs every second. If I'm PUGin I may switch dampen and streak, and swap out crit surge for dark deal. If DD/DC were instant on at least not interruptible I might run it more.

Streak on both bars? How do you manage that?

I shamelessly stole the idea from a Sorc far better than I am. The best way to avoid an attack (macro slice) is not to be on the receiving end of it. Streak on the same slot on three bars lets you gain some distance and shield up no matter what you're casting. (Macro slice fails, and shields/mines go back up before the next gap closer lands). The biggest problem is that bar swapping only works about half of the time when you're taking a beating.

As for how to manage it: front bar hardened ward. Back bar streak instead of harness magicka. The only downside is that I can't fit Mage light up front.

I only have one defensive slot, and I usually run defensive rune or lightning form. Defensive rune is good protection from ganking, and it works great on the overload bar because the defense buff lasts for 2 minutes.

Lightning form when combined with a defending trait resto staff gives you the same defense as heavy armor on your buff bar. I usually walk around with lightning form up, staying on that bar. It makes you harder to gank with 21K armor and defensive rune up. Streak, buff, and retaliate.

Edited by Minalan on October 3, 2016 7:37PM
    Options