Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question on "Marked for Death" quest DB

• Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore the troll thread!!!25223442.jpg

Are you sick dude? You look so green. You may want to call your doctor, just in case.
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »
    Abeille wrote: »

Your "opinion" is wrong, though. The quest isn't useless, people presented you reasons why the quest isn't useless, so saying that the quest is useless is wrong. And even if it was useless in terms of rewards, it isn't useless in terms of storytelling and character development. Did you know that Elam has a different commentary to make on every single unique quest he gives? That's over 30 unique commentaries. If someone learns that after they finish the achievement and lose access to the quest, and then want to go and listen to these commentaries, you think they shouldn't be able to?

I do these quests daily for two reasons:
    1 - Doing sprees is a quick and certain way to get Black Beeswax.
    2 - Elam is one of the best characters in the game and I could listen to him talk for hours.

I finished the achievement on the PTS, and then on Live again when DB was released. There are reasons for it to not be removed, and they were presented to you.
    Now, we could talk about improving the rewards instead of removing the quest. That would be a more reasonable discussion.

I will do like if you didn't say the "Your opinion is wrong...", because opinions are never wrong, opinions are just opinions. Assuring things or facts can be right or wrong, but giving a personal opinion is just that; a personal opinion and point of view.

So, regardless, that, you have a point on #1 and I also agree that rewards should be improved if quest is to remain.

I don't agree on Elam's commentaries thing because every quest, even the smallest one on the smallest town, has a unique character and a unique story. With your criteria of Elam's uniqueness, all quests should remain because, if removed, you won't be able to hear/listen (talk maybe) to that character ever again.

The problem is that you are not stating an opinion. That's why I put "opinion" between quotation marks. Calling it an opinion doesn't make it an opinion, and it doesn't make it right. I could say "Yeah well my opinion is that Razum-Dar is an Argonian" and that wouldn't make that an opinion, and it wouldn't make it any less false.

You said "the quest is useless", and you said this is an opinion.
    Thing is, by saying that, you are stating a certain characteristic of the quest, and that characteristic is false. This is absolutely not up for debate, the quest simply is not, by any way you look at it, useless. Because it gives a reward that is almost exclusive to it. Therefore, it has a use.

You want to know what is an opinion? "I don't like this quest". That's an opinion. Saying a quest is useless when it clearly has an use is not an opinion, and it's false.

Elam is unique because he has more unique quests than the other repeatable quest givers, and no other character who gives repeatable quests has an unique commentary for each unique one even though they have less quests than Elam. You likely won't miss Kari's commentaries because she has like three or four of them tops, but Elam has over 30, and you can easily miss a few if you are going for the achievement only.
    And the non-repeatable quests have a generally linear progression, so you won't miss anything anyway. Right now, we don't have another NPC that we can compare directly to Elam, as much as you try.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that you are not stating an opinion. That's why I put "opinion" between quotation marks. Calling it an opinion doesn't make it an opinion, and it doesn't make it right. I could say "Yeah well my opinion is that Razum-Dar is an Argonian" and that wouldn't make that an opinion, and it wouldn't make it any less false.

You said "the quest is useless", and you said this is an opinion.
    Thing is, by saying that, you are stating a certain characteristic of the quest, and that characteristic is false. This is absolutely not up for debate, the quest simply is not, by any way you look at it, useless. Because it gives a reward that is almost exclusive to it. Therefore, it has a use.

You want to know what is an opinion? "I don't like this quest". That's an opinion. Saying a quest is useless when it clearly has an use is not an opinion, and it's false.

Elam is unique because he has more unique quests than the other repeatable quest givers, and no other character who gives repeatable quests has an unique commentary for each unique one even though they have less quests than Elam. You likely won't miss Kari's commentaries because she has like three or four of them tops, but Elam has over 30, and you can easily miss a few if you are going for the achievement only.
    And the non-repeatable quests have a generally linear progression, so you won't miss anything anyway. Right now, we don't have another NPC that we can compare directly to Elam, as much as you try.

Sorry to say that's your opinion on different matters dude, that's your point of view of things and fact, still, your opinion, and sadly I don't agree with you.

If someone thinks Razum-Dar is an Argonian then is his/her opinion, it doesn't matter if the fact is different. There's a quest in this game where an argonian thinks she is a crocodile and asks you too kill her. Know what? When you kill her she ended being a crocodile and remains a crocodile forever.

Can you tell 100% that Razum-Dar isn't an Srgonian that was transformed to Khajiit because of whatever and on next updates that will be revealed because of whatever rason? Can you? I don't care if you respond saying "Yes, I can", because no, you can't. Because if ZOS just wants it they can create a story where Razum-Dar ended being an Argonian under a Khajiit spell because of whatever.

So stop trying to be gods of knowledge here because you're just wasting your time with me.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I guess you have your own definition of "opinion" that doesn't really match the actual definition of opinion.

Is that by any chance your opinion on what is an "opinion"? :P

Facts matter. You got your facts wrong. Your question was answered. You are now aware of the reasons to keep the quest. You are welcome, and we can now move on and answer other people's questions.
    Edited by Abeille on September 27, 2016 8:51PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the best thread :) I love when people tilt at windmills with such fervor and determination!

Thank you OP I can't believe I've had the opportunity to use the phrase "tilt at windmills" two days in a row!
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is that by any chance your opinion on what is an "opinion"? :P

Y must accept you made me really laugh on this one. :D

Yes please, we can move on... :)